Truly Alone

Truly Alone

A Story by Serenity

                I felt so alone; it was the same thing every day. I would get up, take a shower, get dressed, pack my school bag, quickly eat breakfast and escape to the confines of my room again until it was time to go to school. I would catch the bus and go through my lonely day at school. I was that one girl that all the cheerleaders picked on. I had no friends and I often kept to myself. I would go home after school and rush to my room. If my dad noticed me it would be an extra half hour til I got to my room. If he didn't I could start my homework without any problems. I would skip dinner and go straight to bed. The next morning I would cover the bruises, if there were any, with make-up and leave for school again. It was my routine, and that's just how it was. Nobody really noticed and nobody really cared. Every day, after I got home I would sit down and play the piano, disappearing into its beautiful melody. It was truly the only enjoyment in my life. The teasing got worst and worst as time went on and I soon found it difficult to not cry. The songs I played grew sadder and sadder until they were so depressing that they started to depress even me. They no longer brought me any comfort to play anymore. The next day I was picked on worse than ever before. So much so that I fled to the bathroom and cried in one of the stalls. I was truly all alone. It was right then and there that I decided that I was going to take my life the next day.

                The next day came and with it so did a new girl. Her locker was right next to mine. She was talking with a bunch of the girls who always picked on me when she turned around smiled and waved at me. At first I was confused and turned around to see who she was waving at, but then I realized that it was me. I smiled and waved back and we started talking. Because of her I decided to live. I decided not to end my life that day. She became my one and only friend and we talked and hung out often. She understood me like no one else has before. It was funny to think how just waving to someone could affect them so much. She saved my life by just smiling and waving at me. I was finally happy.

                Then one day I come to school and she doesn’t smile or wave. She turns around and ignores me. I wonder what is wrong and try to talk to her at our locker but she just turns to me with this cruel hateful look in her eyes and tells me to leave her alone. I feel shocked, hurt and once again alone. She turns away and stalks off towards the group of girls who make it their duty to torture me, tears whell up in my eyes as I turn and run away. How could this be happening to me? I go home and don’t even care about the beating my father gives me. That night I take some medicine and sit in the bathtub. The water is warm and I can feel it sloshing up against my exposed flesh. I look around at the shattered mirrors around me and at the writing on the walls that reads: “Am I Pretty Now?” “Am I worth It Now?”  in bright red lipstick. The sink by now is overflowing with water and so is the bathtub. I hear a pounding on the bathroom door as my dad yells for me to open up. I look down and see that the door is locked and the key is still inside the lock. A smile spreads over my lips as I look back up at the ceiling. In multi colors of quick dry nail polish, I read the words, “She saved my life with a smile, and then she turned around with that same smile and destroyed it.”  The words began to become blurry as I began to fade away. Soon they became illegible as the darkness crept into my eyes. I fell into unconsciousness as the medicine took me away. The last thought that filled my mind was “I wonder how she is going to feel when she realizes that she is the reason I lived and the reason why I died?”  Then I was truly alone.

 

© 2012 Serenity


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Parts of me feel this was based on reality. That is the only way some one could describe something to this extent.


Nice job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very interesting. Good story.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 14, 2012
Last Updated on January 14, 2012

Author

Serenity
Serenity

MT



About
Hey im lively yet dark, i can write happy but i usually write sad and morbidly depressing. I Love to read and write, especially poetry. I Love Dark And Tragic Stories. I Am A Hopless Romanic. and Musi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Clarity Clarity

A Poem by Robbie~xoxo~