The Dream

The Dream

A Story by Kate
"

This story is based off a dream I had, and something that happened that I'll never forget. All of it is true.

"
I had a dream a while back that I was being chased by a man with a machete, kind of like Jason Voorhees, but with no mask and a body type similar to Leatherface from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. We were in a wooded area with a house here and there. I was running for my life, pretty far ahead of the man. 
I ran into the house in front of me, one of those ones where the basement can be easily accessed through a door like the first floor. It was on a hill, which made me slip a few times before I finally managed to get inside.
The physical trauma was overwhelming to me. I had never in a dream experienced so much "real" terror. It was too much. I looked around for something to defend myself with, which was my original intention. Eventually I had a shotgun in my hand, ready to fight off whatever came. 
But before I could see any sign of the man, I turned the gun on myself and pulled the trigger.
All the sound cut out like someone pulled the plug on a TV. Sudden, with no echoes of even a hint of anything ever being. The darkness came along at the same time.
I was terrified to say the least, for real this time. What if the rumors were true, that when you die in a dream you die in real life. What if I was actually dead? After a while, the sound slowly came back and a picture loaded into place, allowing me to continue with whatever I was doing. But the experience with death stayed with me, even after I woke up.
Was that what death was like? An eternal darkness? Or maybe, like in my dream, it only stays like that for a while before another life, or the afterlife, loads in. I guess we'll never know, or at least not for sure.

© 2014 Kate


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on May 22, 2014
Last Updated on May 22, 2014

Author

Kate
Kate

Writing
The Picture The Picture

A Story by Kate