The special relationship with my arch-nemesis

The special relationship with my arch-nemesis

A Story by Tarushi
"

An important relationship and its learnings.

"
The world has often lauded legendary lovers like Adam and Eve, Antony and Cleopatra , Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal for their love which has taught many lessons about relationships and human understanding.I believe the relationship of arch-nemeses is equally worthy of appreciation.I acquired  this belief due to my relationship with my  arch-nemesis, Nimisha.

I and Nimisha have always shared an eccentric relationship known to all our friends and family.She has been my classmate , colony mate and school teammate since I became a high-school student. However, her long association with me has done nothing to obviate our differences. The first time I interacted with her was when I asked her for the notes of our english class as I was absent for the classes.Her curt reply  stating “sorry, I don’t believe in sharing my notes with anyone” made me instantly dislike her.Her dark brown eyes always  inquiringly  searched for me  when she entered the class and subsequently  imparted an arrogant  and disgruntled look.I never understood her stiff attitude towards me and continued to reciprocate her behaviour. Both of us hardly spoke to each other as we preferred maintaining a non-verbal relationship.Our grades lashed at each other , a teacher’s appreciation for one pinched the other’s mind and we constantly contested against each other in the dramatics classes.It was highly evident that we were not particular favorites of each other.

But I am forced to believe that we share an intense relationship.Without speaking to each other , we know what goes in the other’s mind and both of us know each other’s dislikes as that helped incinerating each other’s mood. I also believe my competition against her and the urge to supercede has helped me develop myself into a  mature, dynamic  and competitive person.I have imbibed the habit of giving in my best , working efficaciously, becoming  highly  observant and never backing  down.Though I may not like her much, I consider her as a person who has had a vehement impact on me and has  taught me a great deal in life.

© 2013 Tarushi


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on June 6, 2013
Last Updated on June 6, 2013

Author

Tarushi
Tarushi

India



Writing
Getting up Getting up

A Poem by Tarushi