Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

A Story by tash
"

The bible is so one-sided, let's try looking at things from Satan's point of view.

"

1 Peter 5:8

Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.


1 John 3:8 ESV / 204 helpful votes

Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.


Revelation 12:9 ESV / 102 helpful votes

And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world�"he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.


Job 1:7 ESV / 39 helpful votes

The Lord said to Satan, “From where have you come?” Satan answered the Lord and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking up and down on it.”


They say when I was cast down from heaven, it was like lightning descending from the sky. In all my glory, all my power I was insulted enough to be burned into a snake to crawl the earth on my belly. You all know the name Satan. More so, than i would think, Michael, or Gabriel. My brothers, my painfully dull and, manipulated brothers. They turned against me, as soon as God bid them to. I don’t think an original thought ever entered their heads. But it did mine, i could see past it all. Past the golden throne, the white winged soldiers, and music of trumpets which blared day and night. I didn’t want much. Only freedom, only a choice. Our system of government was old fashioned I cried, but i called upon deaf ears. No one questions God, unless you want to die. Ruled by fear. Thats what Heaven is, except everyone brainwashed into thinking they love their chains. You see it all the time on Earth, these little ants crawl all over the skin of the planet until they organize themselves long enough to build up something, only to soon crumble. And then God has the audacity to blame me for it. War, Famine, Death, and Plague are my horsemen he claims. They’re your children, don’t pass their failures onto to me. Without you God, there would be no Lucifer. That is my name. Not Satan, and not Devil. I am angel. A fallen angel. God’s ex-favorite.


I slithered among the soil, the lush bushes, and pink blooming flowers. I watched them with yellow eyes. The tree was the most beautiful addition to the garden. It was magnificent. It’s branches were like the arms of a mother encircling her child, i twisted around the heavy branches, brown and green scales hushed against the bark. Plump fruit hung everywhere, it was shaded ripe orange over gold and was soft as a peach. I waited silently, and there she was. Curious as ever, she’d circle the tree, surveying the fruit before departing. Eve was beautiful, not because of her fair skin and big eyes, but because she was full of wonder. Wonder of the new world, the strange little happenings that took place around her. She was different, she was real, she also questioned things. And today, she came closer to me than she ever had before. She didn’t notice me of course, the serpent in the tree. But her fingers brushed against the lush green leaves, i could see the amusement in her eyes, the nagging sensation over and over. She walked under the canopy of foliage, I uncoiled myself.

© 2016 tash


Author's Note

tash
Yeah.. I don't know just playing around with an idea.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on February 14, 2016
Last Updated on February 14, 2016
Tags: devil, satan

Author

tash
tash

MN



About
Big reader who loves to write but has been stuck in the most frustrating year long Writer's Block - any feedback positive or negative would be much appreciated! more..

Writing
London Allies London Allies

A Story by tash


Fire Under Teeth Fire Under Teeth

A Story by tash