THE LAST CHANCE

THE LAST CHANCE

A Story by Tasi83










Steven Benedek is an exampleHemarchughprisoner nothemitott. A single bad noHe, or füI'm sorryehrtHehe behavesthes, or disorderlytheand noHelt against him. Mehwhat a pitythet cellthejthet is also pehseetheand okehand spotlessly cleanthekept it in g. Raptthersai kHezHeetcülHeunnecessary respectHehe paid his wages because he didn't drink or smoke - which the carpenter didughlocally fehlaid down -, awayHeshared with love tthersai kHezHett, fHekehnt if physicsthelis vehI was forced to relapseHekkel, the nehehzfiúagainst those who always areúj people, or the already existingHeekre pecthetheyehand usually continued until thenthekHerdHehe's kiddingHedehsüket, amig one-keht person noüksehgkehpp who does not dHeltd.

Just the title of Wretchedughlong agoehhe was readingehskHeconstantly decreasesthewestthehe thought of Sophie. Ltheshut up! How much timeHeand is it possible now? he pondered. He was born just when it was closed, which means he must be about six or seven years old now! My God, where does time flyHe! MtheI'm sure you don't even know me! Bther may beehrt fehnycehpeck was only shown rHelam!" �"minehlmehAs he tried to dig deeper into the complex memories of his past, he felt his heart constrict more and more.

At the time, he had a close friendHenor anyone with any suspicionsúspehnzmostheskiügot into troubleehand not to fall down külfHeldre noHekHeetc. And why?thenHewas the guarantor who was responsibleHessehget vthellaltehsehsa hefty pehso-calledHethey nail ittheba kehlt sounded logical that atHervehwomen bughnbakokra has noüksehge, mehg even if Benedek IstvtheAt best, it was only possible at the wrong timeHein the worst place.

"Twenty-four open!" Prisoner get out! - a creaky key rattle was heard from one of the masseur horse ballsughen keys.

Benedek István betughrte slave clothesthejthetehand it's trueiwhole seedthet that it isehrt can be acceptedHemore human kület it be, then leaveehpett.

"Good morning Benedict!" Today is the day of his release! I won't have a problem with you, will I?! asked the friendly cop with piercing, suspicious eyesHer.

- No, sir! I have learnt the lesson! he answered as if he were at school. So far, there have been no complaints.

"Then I won't give you either the bracelet or the leg cuffs!" But behave to me! Did you understand?! meansHesehhe shook me wholeheartedlyehny, jet-black stickthet, which is hugeütehit was gray kehpes mehtake them one by oneitehlt bodyehre.

"Yes!"

"Well, get out of the way!" �" the massage therapist measured the cell with great care, and after judging everything to be spotless, he carefully closed it and called out to the security chamber, which isHefacethet is also all mthein seconds rHegzidid: Twentyehgyes zther!�"It buzzesHesound, then clickthes.

István Benedek set off, the massager passed close by himHeirthesuits manyHeI. Sughrugh, labyrinth drugugh,theimpregnable tughnHe, sHeteht, rtheit's a corridorHeconthet was driven by itúthat's allHeRussiantheup to where oneücommon bHertHenHer intehzte is the official eye of the dayehlyi actthekat the nothemitHegehpen.

- I report Benedek István, a twenty-four-year-old prisonerHethellitott!�"vthegta corethetake tthezba the massage,ehand salutetheltd.

"Thank you!" - the prisonHer begehpelte the name nothemitHegehpen ttherolt languagetheit laststhedamnehSrHegtHen received avthert originehnow.�"Tehthet, if jHellthetom tenHetehseed sHethey took it upon themselves, whichHel so far hehtehthrows downült jHewith behaviorehand now he's free!�"nehhe makes a wolf's eye with him, like no one else bizik.

"Yes..." he answered softly, hoarsely.

- Sign the extradition documents here! �" the digital printer started humming silently and already came outHedown the official formtheny, which Benedekek altheneededirnia. Meowthen againHerteheg the subohrtheand it isHer is a stampehttel pthedouble sealehspentehsHealso signHezta the document, then tovthebb küsaw afehrfit a mthechic roomtheba, wherethecould take it so farHerzehsrethetookehrtehktthefeatures: a Casio armHerthet, nehhthenew adthemtollalt, a worn notebooküzetehsnehwhat aprHet.

"I wish you good luck, Benedek!" - greeted tHeit's downHer.

- Thank you very much! - he answered tensely again.

The followingHein the office, they released his belongings and had him sign a series of official papers as a mere formality, which must be adhered to, and finally when István Benedek leftHesHerlehit could be abHertHen gatethet immediatelyehthe honthedearughit hurtstheetc., which every person feels the most when they are deprived of their freedom of self-awareness. A pleasant sunny April afternoonHeto ttigehthe time has comeHe.

You will be a seven-year-old at the prison gateHeke hairú,Hehis eyes are smalltheneck vtherta, whom noehpüe.gHescabiesthecstheyesHeltdHethey didehand so that she wouldn't be all alone clutching a Barbie doll.

- Hello Lilike! he greeted kindly. - Remember me? �" he went a little closer, but he didn't dare to venture too close, lest it be an accidentHel megehmiss the little onethenyt, akin ltheit seemed that he was a little scared to be with his father in such a strict and gloomy buildingHeI need itHesHewith rtheto act.

"Kiss me!" I'm Lili! he greeted as he was taught. He was afraid and terrified at the same time, because so far he had only taken photographsHel may have known the strange man called his father, but at the same time he is also curious about what kind of person he might be.

Benedek cautiously approached her: "What a beautiful baby you have!" - he wondered, because there is a better opening sentenceHedidn't come to mindehin,ehand now all the strengthehwith her, she was trying to win her daughter's longed-for trust. "Just tell me, do you like chocolate or gum?"

Lilike gave a couple of nods, but was still afraid to speak.

Benedek held out his big, gnarled, rough hand to her and waited until the little girl also held out her tiny, almost crumbly hand.ughhandshakeehit,ehand yesehrinti the stout acehlgripúhand.

- Look! Please give me oneHesehget �"kehrte the foreign fehrfi.

Lili carefully took his big hand and let them walk through the gloomy prison buildingHel. Only jHemanythera when mtherrehg left behind the shadows of the things that happened, he dared to ask in a mouse voice:

"Maybe the uncle did something wrong?"

- Yes honey! You know, dad trusted some bad uncles he shouldn't have, but dad was punished and now he's free! You know, as you get bigger and smarter, you will realize that life is not black or white, but rather a series of decisions and connections, which are often very, very difficult and silly things to see through. �" he tried to explain complicated and complicated things in such a way that even a small child could understand them. Where did mom go?

- I do not know! He told me to wait for the uncle here... - he answered uncertainly.

Benedek saw that erHesen thinks, prHebtheeat meehlisten to what you heard.

- Uncle? What will happen now? - she looked at him with her curious, searching, charming brown eyes, which shone like true pearls.

"How about I eat a nice lunch or an ice cream?" Are you hungry?

Lili nodded vigorously.

"Then let's eat something delicious!" Come! �" with that he carefully took the small hands and they sat down with a small buffetughcorrectehgbe where great rthentothúStehSrHeyou could get sejbni.

"Just tell me, prince."He? Love arthentott húSteheagleüFrench fries?

The little girl staggered a little. Sometimes the only timeughbb kehrdehdo not causetheka biggest headache. Rather, he nodded hesitantly, because you were still moving on very shaky ground, suspended between the two of themHetrust kehrdehneither.

"See it, you'll taste it!"

The shopkeeper grew a beer belly, must have been a farmer at one time, with a scruffy catfish mustache and a ruddy, smiling face. Derughs, happy expressionehwithüdvHezHeI'm dadehslthewestthet.

"Greetings, dear sir and young lady!" What do they order?

- Good day! he greetedHebb Benedek, then Lilike also diedHeshut up:�"ThuHecolumn

"Hello, little Prince."He! What do they order?�"kehrdezte noehwith a smirk.

"We'd like to ask for two servings of French fries and fried slices!"

"It's getting ready!" Until then, feel free to reserve your seats! �" with that, the man with the catfish mustache began to prepare the ordered dishes freshly.

"Tell me, please!" Do we have ice cream?

"Of course, my dear sir!" Moreover, original handughves ice cream, of which pthethere is no way!�"answered büskehnafehrfi.

"Thank you!" Well that's great! �" they settled in one of the areas shaded by trees, where there were oak tables.

Benedek pulled Lilike awayHett the noehtwo, on which the smalltheI really deserve itHedHeetcehs lengthúfor minutes only bthemultaúgoült fatherthet.

"Come on little prince."He! Take a seat!�"invitationthekindly,ehstherta miga child tehtovthen downül to push the noehtwo below.

"You have to take care of some social formalities!" If a man pulls out a ladyHett the noehthat polite character is the most importantHesign! AgeHeget into itHeshh!�"prHebthelta doctrineito do The smalltheny anxietythesa started to unlockHedni, but mehg didn't dare to smile.

After barely ten minutes, the man with the catfish mustache brought out the requested food and wished him bon appetit.

"Command!" - put the two well-packed bHesehI live herethet!�"Eat itthek egehnoehwith you! Rohto pay to r, if kehthere are coals!�"back with thatehrt the counter mHegeh.

- Thank you very much! This is then abHesehwhat a feast, isn't it?!�"Benedek is amazingthehappened on this human dose. It almost knocked his eyes outehh.sehgtHel. Mther legalthebb tizehhe couldn't be happyehwith reHefed, now legalthebbúgy could think bepHepush�"Helpicheck upthegni ahúst honey?

Lilike self-consciously and quickly reinvented herself, because she cut the meat so neatly and evenly with her little hands that gripped the meat that it was a pleasure to watch.

"How clever you are, Lilike!" Congratulations!

"Grandma even showed it!" - he answered, then the firstHetHekehletes bite mtheris small nothejthetook it inehand tried to understand it thoroughlythegni.

"How does it taste honey?" I think it's heavenly food!

The little girl nodded, as she was also hungry. Apparently, however, he was very interested in the ice cream, which the glass hughtHein counter tthethey rolled. He couldn't wait to really taste it. But everything is fine.

They ate their food calmly and peacefully. Benedek immediately noticed that the little girl's eyes lit up. By the wayHetooehlt-dead a littleehbut lickthenksthegehrtúwhy didn't he take me backehk noehpen atthewestehtheir hands to the owner with the catfish mustache,ehskehrtek headehnt three dumplings goodHesehgughice cream.

"Which one is your favorite?" he asked his daughter curiously. "I love chocolate and straczatella."

Lilike was also a real fan of real flavored chocolate ice creams and ice creams. Rather, he always nodded and spoke little if he wanted something.

The man with the catfish mustache put the heavenly frozen delicacies in delicious ice cream cups: it seemed that his aim was not to save on his customers, because he packed the two cups in such a way that the bHesehgesen tHefor bbtheit sounded like hthedumpling dumpling. Benedek wanted to make up for his little girl, and he couldn't wait for anyHealmostehI feel sorry for youücrHezHeDJehangelic little facesthejthen. WhoüThey went outside one by oneughmaterial kanthepageisehmeadowehinehand pleasureükre broke meeheat their ice cream. Lilike loved the chocolate so much that she leftHebb notheJacktheyes, piss nosetheit was also ice cream,ehand whenehszrevette mi tHertehit bothers methein not gyHezHeI'm sorrythenato kehrni. But evenehfor forgivenessthethatHebe childishehg, since full noivehwith his little face shiningúhe will find youthefrom happiness.

© 2023 Tasi83


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on April 7, 2023
Last Updated on April 7, 2023
Tags: contemporary, epic, short prose, prose short story, narrative

Author

Tasi83
Tasi83

Budapest, Budapest, Hungary



About
I was born on November 30, 1983 in Budapest! I studied Hungarian history at ELTE-TFK, BTK; history teacher. I'm editing ebooks! So far, I have published my volumes on Publió and Publishdrive as.. more..

Writing
SURE SURE

A Poem by Tasi83


SEESAW-DANCE SEESAW-DANCE

A Poem by Tasi83