LUCK LIVER

LUCK LIVER

A Story by Tasi83









Éva Sztenkovszky felt from a young child's point of view that something important and essential definitely separates her from most people, and this something is much more important than who a person's real friends are, or what kind of style, car, or even salary they have. he saw it as an unshakeable protective shell, and at other times it was as if he was wearing an invisible cloak or armor for himself, which is so hard and determined that he does not allow anyone to know his inner, truer being.
 Perhaps for the first time in his life, he was able to really understand himself with his mother. It was more than a simple mother-daughter parent-child relationship; as if they were two good friends who, apart from boyish things, almost everything else in life is more important, and they talked about or talked about everyday topics often far into the night. and like every modern woman of her age, it happened that she started daydreaming about the family and raising children, while of course her extremely worried grandmother could not help but chew her ears constantly saying:
 - My sweet daughter! When are you finally getting married? I don't live forever either! When will you become a decent woman who leads the way. In such cases, of course, mother and daughter, as if they were only two tacit accomplices, patiently and politely spoke to the soul of the conservative grandmother that those old days are long gone, when most the girl was still busy at home, doing household chores and raising children. Now people have become extremely modern and open-minded.
 Of course, only in the majority of cases. - Mom! You know it, that Eva just wants to find herself in the world! All we can do is help and support you in everything! Why is this such a big deal?! - her daughter asked back, when the old woman got a little angry and blamed the whole world, because she thinks that everyone and everything suffers from a moral infection.
 Éva's father left the family when she was still a child. Allegedly, she first went to the former GDR, then as soon as it opened its doors, she didn't even think of stopping at the border to America, where she started a family and always sent colorful postcards on major holidays, and later they regularly Skyped with the help of the Internet, although Éva always he resented his father and was unable to forgive the fact that his father had walked out of their lives during his extremely messy and very rebellious teenage years. But maybe it's better that way it was as if she and mother were always getting on each other's nerves. Éva completed high school with flying colours, and even then it was clear to her that if she breaks, if she breaks, she will not die working fourteen hours a day, until she is wasted by life, like her ancestors.
 He will have a well-paying job, and he will always try to walk on the street with his head held high and show that he really has time for such and such things. His mother only put down the driver's license after several requests, because she thought that it wasn't just a clumsy piece of paper that made a person. But, unfortunately, more and more documents and protection began to conquer job interviews again and again. A small psychological crisis occurred in life when, during one of the job interviews, his future boss made him a categorical offer behind closed doors, of course, that he could own the secretary position, or HR consultant title, you should just sleep with him, or at least please him a little.
 Éva resolutely refused this, and when the boss politely, but with a fake smile, informed her that it was for this reason that he was unable to give her the offered position, and opened the office door upon his departure, Éva was extremely measured and pulled her right leg back with an elegant gesture and kicked the pumpkin. conceited director. He didn't regret anything! In fact!
 She was proud of the fact that, as an independent, independent woman, she does have the will and the right to decide what she likes and what she doesn't. However, when her mother found out about this, she strongly suggested that the scumbag director be reported, but Éva waved her off, saying: such a in a world where money dictates, perhaps even court proceedings and lawyers can simply be bought. Not long after, he read on one of the Internet job portals that they were looking for online media interns for the editorial office of one of the magazines.
 It is an advantage if the applicants are interested in style and fashion and try to keep up with international trends that change by the minute. Éva sent her CV with a photo the same day, and since the motivation letter was not of much use, she decided to let it be, and at best he will wait. He didn't have to wait long. It turned out that if there is a fashion magazine in the world where only women work, then she found this special place, so she was invited to an audition. It was obvious from Éva's lucky body shape that almost everything, from simple costumes to slightly more careless blazer compositions, looked great on her, as if would be a fashion model.
 It was a pleasant and pleasant surprise for him, when she entered the revolving glass doors of the tall, tower-like office building, that most people saw her as a truly successful model and treated her with extreme courtesy. In vain! Unfortunately, appearance does matter a lot! Not to mention the promising performance! She was welcomed by a dynamic, constantly talking, chattering woman and they already got into a good relationship with each other.
SHe had already been here for three years, and it is said that he managed to get the job by impressing the boss, the businesswoman, that he could make a profit out of almost anything and even sell pretzels to anyone who would buy them. The audition in question was no more than fifteen minute. Then he had to wait again for about twenty hard minutes before they called him back and told him that he would get a chance, but if he wanted something good for himself, he should not take it.
 Although she tried to keep up with the latest fashion, it was only at her new job that Éva realized how little she really knew about the complexity of fashion and about clothing and other brands that she had heard about for the first time in her life. she had a suitor. Of course, they are mostly businessmen or producers who have plenty of money and don't have to worry about uncertain tomorrows.
 Of course, most wealthy people immediately started with a romantic, candlelit dinner. This was the first attempt at seduction, which unquestionably sweeps most women off their feet almost immediately, and from there it was only about a step to the bedroom scene and then the breakup. But Éva was not carved out of the same wood as someone who is willing to sleep with anyone after the very first dinner, that's why at work he already found himself in the fierce crossfire of malicious rumors and evil intrigues, and he was also branded as saying that he would spend the rest of his life as a virgin.
 Then he met Dénes Ambrus, the clumsy, somewhat pathetic and club-legged cleaner, a former university professor , and suddenly he could feel that Cupid's fatal arrow had hit him too. On the occasion of their first meeting, he was immediately impressed by the kind of rare, human behavior in which Dénes handled the mop or the cleaning tools. In all his postures and movements, there was a very deep human behavior that most people tend to easily forget.
Although their relationship - at least in the early days - does not extend beyond routine formalities, however, when they ran into each other once or twice during the day, Éva's heart skipped a beat first. Since we live in a modern world, it is not at all surprising that this time Éva took the first step towards a romantic date and invited Dénes to dinner. Of course, Dénes insisted that they cook something delicious together, but Éva could still learn from her mother that the kitchen is the realm of women.
 They ate spaghetti Bolognese, with garlic, pesto, and toasted slices of bread, but Éva didn't mind. She stares at Dénes almost superstitiously, that despite his eccentric behavior, he has some secret magnetic energy that attracts most people to him involuntarily. What Éva considered extremely important was that there is no sex after the first date! At most, a kiss on the cheek or a long, emotional, romantic kiss. But that's the maximum!



© 2023 Tasi83


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

24 Views
Added on April 25, 2023
Last Updated on April 25, 2023
Tags: contemporary, epic, short prose, prose short story, narrative

Author

Tasi83
Tasi83

Budapest, Budapest, Hungary



About
I was born on November 30, 1983 in Budapest! I studied Hungarian history at ELTE-TFK, BTK; history teacher. I'm editing ebooks! So far, I have published my volumes on Publió and Publishdrive as.. more..

Writing
SURE SURE

A Poem by Tasi83


SEESAW-DANCE SEESAW-DANCE

A Poem by Tasi83