GIFT-LIGHTS

GIFT-LIGHTS

A Story by Tasi83












"Why do people have to jostle back and forth and crowd each other in an airport terminal that is already overcrowded and simulating a disaster-ridden mass misery?" he asked himself the same question every time he got on a plane.
There might be a usable wi-fi network on board the plane, although you'll still have to turn off the electronic gadgets later. Thus, it is completely out of the question how many thousands of new useless followers he managed to acquire on various social media sites, almost without exception their stereotyped and deadly boring questions gave him a headache. It's been ten hours since the last time
he checked his messenger.
She was expecting the athletic, sexy soccer player boyfriend of her dreams to finally propose like a proper gentleman after three and a half years, and she would romantically say yes as the blood-red twilight sun set over the ocean while they sipped Don Perignon champagne and enjoyed the melodies of waves.
He felt like he was feeding useless leeches! First of all, there was his agent, manager, personal assistant, producer and other such blood-sucking minute men who primarily lived off him and provided him with new and new projects and commissions, because in a fast-paced, fast-paced, nervous world, if no one occupies her, then it would be rather difficult for her to make a living from her beauty or her intelligence alone.
"I wish you a pleasant trip!" - the young lady in her twenties behind the counter said with unison boredom and a fake smile.
"Thank you!" However! - he answered, then he fixed his trademark sunglasses in his honey blonde hair, which made him seem a little more approachable.
He always had chewing gum with him. On the off chance that you can eliminate the bouncing ear canal and air pressure difference with a little refinery. As soon as he got in the door of the plane, he already took a piece of gum and started chewing it as if he was chewing his favorite cola gum. He liked to sit by the window. It was as if it reassured him that he could often stare at the continents of big puffy cotton candy-like clouds.
The plane landed around six in the evening with screeching wheels, but without any problems on a small island somewhere in the Pacific Ocean.
Although he couldn't get a good night's sleep, he still felt that his eyes would be closed due to the time difference and he couldn't wait to be accommodated in a suitable hotel. After a while, he didn't care if he got four or five-star luxury accommodation, just that he could rest his efforts. Perhaps it would have been better if he had visited his family doctor before traveling and had himself thoroughly examined, because now, without exception, he always felt dead exhausted and tired, like someone who has been run over fifty times a day by a rickety road roller.
Even so, he went to bed around ten in the evening. Fortunately, the local staff of the hotel were incredibly kind, direct and helpful, and when they saw that he arrived very tired and exhausted, they did everything in their power to make his stay here easier and carefree.
He thanked her in English for the comfortable room, which was also equipped with air conditioning, then quickly took a cold shower, which shook him up and refreshed him, and then immediately went to bed.
He was only interested in Eduardo. They caught up a bit before he left, and now more than anything he longed for his melodious Spanish accent as he hums into his cell phone: "I love you!"
But what is certain is that he wrote to Eduardo how sorry he is, how much he loves him. He couldn't wait to see the answer with his heart pounding. But he'd rather not upset himself unnecessarily. "Today was just enough of the unnecessary excitement." - he pondered and was immediately overwhelmed by the disturbing dream.
The next day it was well past twelve o'clock in the afternoon before she managed to get up relaxed and radiant, and she loved to smile and be cheerful as much as if her entire angelic being had been completely replaced. The Hotel staff did not know what to make of this beneficial change, and they kindly inquired in English whether he was satisfied with everything, and he thanked everyone for being so kind to him with beaming smiles.
He couldn't wait to check his cell phone. However, no message came from Eduárdo even now. "Didn't he hurt his Spanish, macho pride?" What could have happened that he didn't write back to her?!" - questions chased him for a long time, until he finally decided that it wouldn't hurt to see the famous snow-white sandy beach with palm trees, which could easily be included in the world heritage list.
He carried a simple towel and suntan lotion with at least an factor of eighty. It's for sure, because even though his body had a pleasant bronze base color, he didn't want to let the harmful UVB rays do more damage to his skin.
He dropped his towel onto the crystal white sand, which looked clean and matted in the tropical sun, then slathered himself in sunscreen and sat down on the towel as he watched the other people. After some time, he also realized the avoidance the inedible fact that between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. it wasn't really advisable to do anything in the hot sun, so he sipped in the cooling foam. At least he could have brought his diving goggles to study the aquatic world of the calm ocean in the open air. No problem! He also saw a supermarket by the shore selling all kinds of aquatic gadgets. He'll buy one there at most.
After 40 minutes of intense frolicking, he came to the shore and saw a little girl building herself a small sandcastle. He looked lonely and sad. "Where are his parents? I wonder what happened to him? If he had children, he would definitely try to do everything in order for them to have a normal childhood!” �" And while these questions were running through his head, he sat down next to the little girl and tried to build a sandcastle with his free hands. In less than five minutes, the symphonic, adorable little girl was already helping him, while laughingly explaining in Spanish who she was and what she liked?
"Oh, yes!" he answered. �" You are a beautiful, little princess! - he answered him in English, to see if he understood. The little girl seemed to understand exactly.
After half an hour, the little girl's nervous and worried parents appeared, who had gone shopping and did not realize that the little angel was left alone by sheer coincidence.
"What a responsible attitude!" he concluded to himself.
�" Hello Lady! Thank you! - thanked the pretty couple in English for taking care of their little girl, who now seemed radiantly happier and more balanced than ever.
- No problem! he answered. Somehow, she always felt that she had a flair for children. It was as if he spoke their secret language, understood their gestures.
For a long time, she had been concerned with the recurring question of whether Eduardo wanted a child from her. After all, he is a successful soccer player, the emperor of life, he gets everything he wants, so why haven't you talked about this important, essential topic yet? Maybe he provoked their little fight so that he would have an alibi for the real breakup later? he asked himself, and seemed to be getting more and more unsure. He waited for the sunset, which always calmed him down and recharged him. No one can take these experiences away from him.
The wind rippled the surface of the water and tossed the leaves of the palm trees to and fro. ,,Eduárd is presented with an answer! Yes! If their three-year relationship is worth anything, then now her boyfriend has to do for her, because she felt that he had already done enough!" he stated to himself. His cell phone suddenly began to vibrate. Finally, at some point, a message came from the dream boyfriend, in which he wrote in a mixed English-Spanish language that he was very sorry for their quarrel and that he had already prepared and considered asking her out, but somehow he got in the way! "What a cheap, effect-seeking excuse! he pondered. But it can still be something!"
He left the slowly darkening, magical beach with radiant happiness.
She decided to try on that pretty, suggestive cocktail dress, in which she creates an exotic and sexy impression at the same time, and looked around the island in search of a small, cozy restaurant. After an ample twenty-minute walk, he found what he was looking for. It was a cozy little restaurant on the beach with a boiled lobster logo that served mainly seafood, but there was something special about the place that encouraged him to try it out calmly.
The boy waiter must have been barely twelve years old and must have noted with a look of amazement that he had told him his order. He asked for a side dish of crab cakes, deep-fried boneless sole, and tasted the fin soup, whatever it looked like on his plate.
The teenage waiter defied the jugglers and brought out the dishes in less than fifteen minutes and carefully placed them on his table, then left him to himself, wishing him a good appetite.
He decided to taste everything, and even though he had reservations about the appearance of some foods, one eats with one's mouth, not one's eyes, right?
He was enjoying his snacks calmly and comfortably, when a handsome man in a white jacket approached him and asked in a light, sociable chattering voice if he could sit down. He looked like he had come to life from an old black and white romantic movie. One could think, "Cary Grant and James Dean split".
,,Why not!" - thought. After all, they won't put you in a blatant or unpleasant situation in a restaurant!" She nodded towards the seat next to her, smiling confidentially, while the handsome man unbuttoned his jacket and took a seat.
He spoke impeccable English. He looked like an impeccable English gentleman, yet there was a special, almost childlike playfulness in him. It was as if he was constantly testing people, depending on who he could trust and who he was better off neglecting.
"Exuse me!" he apologized. �" But I think you're a really sad lady! - noticed that h the old lady's radiant gaiety was, perhaps, only a disguise, and he said that she looked very sad.
"What do you think?" - he asked curiously in English as he started the deep-fried sole fish fillet, accompanied by white wine.
"Forgive me if I offended you!" - he got up from the table, bowed deeply, like a real gentleman, and was about to leave himself alone during his meal, when the lady immediately stopped him:
"I'm not angry, I'm just asking you to take a seat for everything, because this moment is a bit embarrassing for me..." he admitted, and he was already blushing. She really felt the man's friendly tingling, marked gaze, which was capable of flirting without words. It was impossible to know what kind of secrets the pair of greenish-brown eyes were hiding, and since he was also curious, he thought of doing a test.
"Well, I thank you if you honor me with your charming company!" - he took his seat with elegance. He asked the waiter for some white wine, who brought the drink after barely five minutes. He just moistened his mouth with it, as if trying to gather courage.
"How does the fish taste?" he asked in a friendly manner, as if he had not yet decided whether he would taste the fish or not.
"I think it's fantastically delicious!" she answered in a trembling, girlish voice. "Why don't you try it?" �" now it was his turn to flirt a little with this charming man.
"How right he is!" he motioned to the waiter and asked for the same food as the woman.
"Then you must be a brave man!" Just don't tell me you like fin soup? - his exotic gaze fiercely surveyed the person opposite him, and his angelic being began to tingle more and more. "But that can't be true! What happens to him? After all, it's only been ten minutes since you met?" he pondered.
"You know, dear lady, I once heard a saying that stuck in my head." "A wise man knows when to be brave, but at the same time he is aware of caution!"
"Useful advice, no doubt!" And has it worked so far?
"Well, if you ask!" I try to shape my life in such a way that I am clear about myself, but do not get away from my ego!
As open, honest and straightforward as you could feel! A rare pairing blessed with such striking good looks. "How much should you reveal about yourself?" Will he tell her about his private life, which belongs only to him and his partner?" - as if he couldn't resist the temptation, he began to tell about his childhood, when he was teased and hurt a lot because he was an ugly duckling, then came the usual adolescent crises, and the period of his first, really great love, which was also seasoned with total inexperience, which hurt him more than her boyfriend at the time. Finally, she got to know the star soccer player, whom she called a light-hearted playboy at first sight, and it took a long time for them to get along.
�" …In the end, I was stubborn and strict, because I said: Eduárdo, I am interested in our relationship and I also want a family! - he took a huge breath and immediately felt that he had been relieved of a ton of weight. Another sip of white wine to loosen his selfish inhibitions. �" And you know, the strange thing about it all is that I feel like I'm in my place now, and I have a career and a job, and I often feel that I would give all of this for unconditional and honest happiness! - the honesty turned out to be a bit mixed, and he felt it too, but he was glad, because at least he was freed from it.
"Wow!" That was very honest my dear lady! - the man also tried to digest what he heard deeply.
"But enough of my self-pity!" he gently tapped the table. Maybe the good kind has already spoiled me a little
chilled white wine. "Now please tell me something about yourself?" �" again he brought out the practices of the seductive woman, and of course the usual eyelash fluttering operation.
"Well, my dear lady, you immediately get to the bottom of things!" he remarked as a light compliment. "What exactly are you looking for?" - he looked at her wolf-eyed with a strange smile.
"I think two wild strangers can say anything to each other." After all, who knows if they will meet again in life? This is one of the strange, unpredictable whims of fate.
"You're right about that too!" There is the point! I was an advertising manager for a long time at a leading company that was present pretty much all over the world, and then suddenly I realized that I was already in my forties and I was sitting in a business meeting and I asked myself: What the hell am I doing here?! Then I had to get up and leave my job immediately, because I already felt that I had nothing to do with it, and it had outgrown me! he tasted the fish fillet. "This fish is really mouth-watering!"
"That's not enough, my dear sir!" Tell me more! - he asked more and more greedily, and he himself was surprised, what exactly did he want from this handsome stranger?
"Well... I bought a small house twenty kilometers south of Puerto Vallarta." Mountains surround the small valley where it lies, and although there is no field strength or Wi-Fi connection, if you want solitude, recharging, and thinking  perfect choice for when.
"It must be beautiful..."
- I have always been attracted by untamed landscapes, where nature is still untouched and the destructive footprints of human civilization are not visible.
"How right he is!" May I ask a personal question?
"Command!" Just take it easy!
"Do you have a wife, a family?" �" his voice trembled a little again. Like someone who is afraid of possible consequences.
"Forgive me, my dear lady, but this is a bit…strange, don't you think?" he raised his eyebrows.
"Come on, please!" Don't be so shy! Aren't you afraid of something? Anyway! Maybe this will be our first and last meeting, so then it doesn't matter that a person can say something that he doesn't need to regret?!
Her words made the man ponder, and after a while he spoke:
"I completely agree, my dear lady!" Then I say that I had someone who unfortunately turned out not to be who they say they are... and then I was under myself for decades and constantly consumed myself wondering what I did wrong or could I have messed up?
"I'm really sorry..." he blurted out. For the first time, she stretched out her long, delicate fingers and squeezed his interesting, hairy hand encouragingly, firmly. An immediate, irreversible tingle went through him. Like some kind of magnetic spark that can ignite instantly.
"Thank you, that's really... nice... And what brought you to this earthly paradise?" If I understood correctly, are you currently in a serious relationship?
"Yes!" I thought there was, but to be honest…I'm not sure anymore. - he finally said what had always been on his heart and what he had wanted to get rid of for a long time.
"I'm sorry that things have gotten to this point..." his polite chatter seemed to have conquered the lady's heart in one fell swoop.
"You are really very nice... You must have been told that, but you have the feeling as if you have known him for decades..." he looked at her curiously, strangely.
"Yes!" They used to say! What would you say if, after the delicious dinner, we went for a walk and had a good chat? I think the mutual wavelength and trust is already there, isn't it? - his boyish, mischievous smile seemed simply impossible to resist.
They asked for the bill, and the mysterious man insisted that the waiter write everything calmly on his bill.
"Oh, dear sir, that's really not necessary!" Disconcert! �" he couldn't help himself, while continuously blushing pleasantly.
- No no! I insist! It's not every day you get to meet a special angel! - he carefully helped the lady up from the table, then took off her suit, because the fresh ocean air turned a little colder, and they started to walk along the beach at a leisurely pace, while the lady endlessly told the strange, strange story of her life.
By the time they got back to the hotel, they both felt as if they were best friends, who would be closely and inseparable from now on.

© 2023 Tasi83


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

26 Views
Added on September 12, 2023
Last Updated on September 12, 2023
Tags: Contemporary, epic, short prose, prose, short story, literature

Author

Tasi83
Tasi83

Budapest, Budapest, Hungary



About
I was born on November 30, 1983 in Budapest! I studied Hungarian history at ELTE-TFK, BTK; history teacher. I'm editing ebooks! So far, I have published my volumes on Publió and Publishdrive as.. more..

Writing
CONSULTING CONSULTING

A Poem by Tasi83