FLOAT-ZONE

FLOAT-ZONE

A Story by Tasi83










Misty grayness almost makes out the lights of dawn; its soggy, unsavory mass makes a person more and more pessimistic. I put on my morning latte and try to focus on the sad, monotonous sounds of dawn. I hear knocking from somewhere outside. 
A familiar , female face smiles mysteriously in the miniature peephole of the front door. I can't believe he's here! How many decades has it been since the last time I stared at the graduation banquet in that wildly hot, sexy cocktail dress, which I am 100% sure she only wore to beat the cans heartily.
- Well, hello, honey! - he greets you with a cuppa kiss as he steps in a little reservedly. I can sense that he is feeling a bit stressed , since he never visited me while we were sharing a room. He keeps apologizing and saying goodbye as often as possible , then when he goes out to the kitchen , as if he wants to be alone for a bit, he unexpectedly kisses me romantically.
- I'm sorry dear, but I had to do this!
I 'm in a bathrobe , which makes me look like an idiot under my pajamas , in a childish , immature way. 
- How well these pajamas look on you! - he informs. - You have such a small... cute face! - he caresses my lightly shaven face , which is starting to pump cold sweat from my thick heart. I think about what would have happened if we had gotten a little closer to each other during some of the more romantic class trips , when pretty much the whole class, including the class head , was pretty drunk , and drunk , only I was completely sober , because I hate and despise alcohol.
- Would you like... a coffee? - I try to start the conversation. I see her wriggling her long, exotic fingers. So he is frustrated, nervous, and can't find the words that make him wonder. That 's why you decided to tell him a little about my life. _ I explain to him that I used to be a teacher, later I worked for a company doing all kinds of work , and then it suddenly dawns on me that he had a heart attack five years ago I lost my father , with whom we have not been on the best terms lately.
- Oh, my poor little darling! This is awful! I'm so sorry, I'm really on his level! - I would rarely have counted on such an understanding and kind hearted brother , even though he is. That's why it 's so good , because I feel deep in my soul that someone is looking after me and nurturing me , just like in my disadvantaged , derailed childhood.
- Nothing wrong! You know, in recent years we have drifted apart a lot! And what about you? - I ask him now simply and openly , because I feel that he still does not want or dare to share the story of his life with me.
- You know, I did a lot of stupid things, and I regret it so much, and I'm sorry that I didn't understand you at the time and didn't make friends with you... - he says the words on his lips like a river flowing one after the other.
- Wait a minute... how do you understand that? - I chirp, trying to comfort him, because I can hear that his serious voice is shaking.
- Oh dear! Forgive me for being so stupid and not noticing, but it would be so nice to have real friends like you! You were the only one! Laura was a bit of a scumbag in the world! I just heard that her beauty salon went bankrupt because she was unable to invest her money! I 've never been a bad person , but I 'm a little crazy for him. - he sips his milkshake. The milk pings a tiny , old - fashioned white mustache on his slightly tanned upper lips. I smile involuntarily , and when it dawns on him that he has a problem , he has the most beautiful smile in the world. There are no lies or false, double consciousness in it.
She notices that she's down, and a pleasant rosy blush spreads across her ashen, exotic face, giving her a girlish charm. He takes a paper towel folded in half and wipes off the rest of the milk as if to excuse himself :
- Oh, how clumsy I am! - frees himself. - Otherwise, I hope it wasn't smeared?
- You are beautiful... - I blurt out , and after so many decades I am once again amazed by the spiritual power of pure love. - Honey! I 've always known that the two of us belong together forever. - more caresses follow , as if they were a mischievous little house pet who had been specially taught to behave properly. - You know that's why I came to you , because you always stood by me , and anyone could say anything to you , you never abused the other's trust!
His words are both surprising and well received. When we were in high school, every teenage girl was a party face, and most young guys were really buzzing as soon as they started an eyelash-wagging campaign against the stronger sex. In that legendary disco era , it was a battle to see who could drink more in a mix of boys and girls.
my husband from... - she blurts out unexpectedly. Even so, you have to pull out every single word with a pair of pliers if you want to piece together the connections. - You know, I suffered very deeply during that era! I simply wanted to prove it to the outside world and to my parents , who never believed that I was capable of making independent decisions. - more sips follow , as if this would pay off even a little bravery under a puff of smoke. - You know, he bought us a kitten , and afterwards we talked about the arrival of children, but I soon realized that Tibi not only did not want children , but he changes his easily seduced friend like his underwear. 
- I 'm sorry for him too... I lose myself. At this moment, it would be so good to hug him , to give him support , which includes protection , guardianship , and nurturing. feeling , and " it won't be a problem! " - his universal formula.
- Oh, thank you so much... - he begins to sniff, and somehow it even suits him that he was moved. - You know... it 's been a long time since I've had anyone so nice to me... - I can feel the old girlish feeling in her voice. This fantastically beautiful , modern woman is at this moment so fragile , vulnerable and lost sight of that one cannot help comforting her , and surely teach him to stand by him and support him in everything.
- I... I too am sorry that... - I try to express my support again. He gracefully gets up from the chair where he was sitting , then he takes my chubby face in his two palms and gives me another emotional kiss , wiping away his tears.
- You dear man! Do you know that I love you so much... - as he says this, he feels a pleasant, intimate tingling sensation.
I find out that my former classmate got married right after high school, and even though he was in complete opposition to his parents , he believed that he could have a happy and balanced married relationship. But he failed miserably and lost his life because Tibi cheated on him.
-...In the end, I was the one who packed up everything and moved back to my friend 's house. Later , the damn a*s had the audacity to beautify me with flower sugar and pranil , but I said to myself, if I was n't good enough for him , then don't be happy with anyone else! The garbage can is s****y! - he is so captured by the special mixture of anger, temper, revenge that it is almost a pleasure to look at him, he made himself so upset.
It reminds me of high school, when for the sake of mischief he is and a few of his girlfriends stole the arrogant headmaster 's wild new , bright red , three - door Suzi for a ride , and they had no right to go on a big around the side street near the school! It became such an earth - shattering path that they could see themselves.
- Did I say something funny? - asks his daughter, apparently a little embarrassed that I dared to smile under my non - existent mustache. - Who is he, little teddy bear? - starts to tickle my soft , chubby belly , which I've always hated , because I've been tickled in my life , and it seems that he has no intention of stopping until I tell the story with his car. 
- Oh, don't even say it! Kriszta was a real badass among girls. He was one of the intellectual authors , while Annácska did everything as she heard and , of course , blindly obeyed. Okay! I know what's on your mind, don't deny it! Actually, all I had to do was to steal his office lock keys from me! No big deal! Of course , what we got afterwards is true, what is true is that my visit was so pleasant. - he admits, and the whole thing has the feeling of testifying in court, but instead of a judge, he is testifying to a very old friend.
- Later on , during his graduation , that garbage can , I think , he purposely set me up to take the trouble instead of others! I just don't understand that at the graduation banquet he had the nerve to make fun of me! It's all so absurd and nonsense!
- Yes, there might be something in this! - I think for a moment.
- And what is the big battle situation with you? He had a serious friend with whom... you know? - he says suspiciously, smiling mischievously.  Well... unfortunately, luck escaped me.
- Oh poor spy! Then I'll tell you my life, that girl really didn't deserve such a fantastically exceptional and versatile person! - it is so good to listen to his words, as if you are bathing in balmy water, which pampers your body and your instincts. Of course , this would by no means be the goal of fanning my own cynical vanity. But even so , one rarely hears such teasing speech. - But you did n't have anyone else for that? - he asks rather surprised , because he does n't even admit to himself that finding someone in today 's world is an almost perfectly hopeless business , who is not excited by material things or salary.
I shake my head no and even play a little on my own sadness.
- Oh dear! There you go! It's good that we got together! - he grabs my pawed hand and starts caressing it. - Do you know anything about the others?
- Not really... - I make a grimace, and from this he already knows that I could have said at his level that almost nothing has been successful in my life so far.
- Oh, don't be silly! But you just went on at least ten dates!
I shake my head, hesitate.
- So how many dates have you been on so far? Don't tell me not to eat because I'll make you angry! - he furrows his eyebrows in annoyance , which is even more disturbing and sexier.
- I was on three dates in total! - I answer measuredly, which is a lie, because it 's good that I 've had one date in my life so far, and it did n't end so rosy.
- You know, the thing is, I really want to believe you, but I think you're lying now! - communicates the fact finding.
- Come on! What do you think of him?! - it's my turn to properly ask for this baseless statement.
- Pay attention! I got to know you well, believe me! I know when you're telling the truth and when you're not! So! Only on his level! How many serious dates have you had?! - I feel that now I am cornered by the question , and I am unable to answer it truthfully.
- Max one, which was a complete disaster!
- Hooray! - he claps his hands in the air. - We are on topic! _ Then? IM listening to you! - she already crosses her surprisingly long , slim , model legs , which makes one 's heart rate rise involuntarily.
- Well... let's put it this way, I had someone I didn't get along with because he was only interested in how much I earned! And you also know that the teacher 's salary is humiliating after a while... pitifully low. He was the one who broke up! 
- Honey, this is terrible! It must have taken a toll! - he squeezes my hand again with sympathy.
- That's not an expression! My maternal grandmother came to my apartment and slapped me hard, because I had thoughts of suicide!
- Oh, don't scare me! Is this some stupid joke?! - he looks at me horrified, in disbelief, as if he had misheard or misunderstood something.
- Well, the truth is that... - I look at him hesitantly, like a scared , pissed-off little kid whose mind might snap at any minute.
- My dear... my poor... - he is very worried at the same time, beautiful tears gather in his big eyes , like a wizard 's a*s , and then he puts on an expression like someone who would like to slap him right away , but only thinks about it later and yourself á t. - Don't you ever dare to do something like that to me again! Did you understand?! - he orders me, and somehow it's good to believe that he's telling the truth.
- Listen here, my little bear! How about if you have some left over for a while? I will help you with everything! I still have to get some of my things over from my friend , but you can handle it! - It's such a liberating, comforting feeling to hear that. At last , we can talk about a lot of things in an honest way , so that I need psychological help again. He sees and feels that a large stone is falling from his heart.
- Honey! Believe me, I'm here to help you, and if you're sad about something, or you're just in a bad mood, it can be resolved, you can talk about it! The point is to forget this small-scale panic attack once and for all , because it is of no use to anyone! Oh dear! - hits an angle in his head. - What about your mother?  She sent him back to my grandmother's house with a garden some time ago , because he felt it was not fair that he lived so far away and could not help her!
- THE! I understand! We will also visit him from time to time! I ca n't wait to meet your grandma! - she cheers and cheers at the same time, like a little girl with a potty. - I hope you don't have anything important to do today! Or yes?!
I feverishly try to search through the sane cogs of my brain, and I realize that I basically have nothing special to do , and I shake my head no.
- Well, that's great! Then we will live together for a while! This will be a very exciting and interesting experience for me! - At this moment , my former classmate is really behaving like a beginner who wants to get into the role as much as possible. into life , and for this reason , he lives and breathes with him in a good way. _ - So! Then get dressed quickly , and we 'll figure out the rest later! _ - issue the instruction , and without a word , he starts arranging the furniture first in the living room , then in the former children's room , probably for six years due to more difficult booking. And in the meantime , I storm into the bathroom with real excitement and adolescent enthusiasm to shave and make my old physique a little more acceptable until my new friend comes over there He is standing in front of the bathroom door , laughing mischievously in a good- natured way.


© 2023 Tasi83


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on September 24, 2023
Last Updated on September 24, 2023
Tags: Contemporary, epic, short prose, prose, short story, literature

Author

Tasi83
Tasi83

Budapest, Budapest, Hungary



About
I was born on November 30, 1983 in Budapest! I studied Hungarian history at ELTE-TFK, BTK; history teacher. I'm editing ebooks! So far, I have published my volumes on Publió and Publishdrive as.. more..

Writing
CONSULTING CONSULTING

A Poem by Tasi83