A SUPRISE MEETING

A SUPRISE MEETING

A Story by Tasi83











Plastered concrete slab in front of the Karinthy Theater is both irritating and horrifying. It is only possible because there is a housing estate across the street , which is already a lot left over from socialism , where criminal - looking people shout and shout to their heart 's content , and apparently , or their fun lies in the fact that they add food to their dishes , with a special consideration of course for the people who visit the palace.

off the nineteen-thirty tram, all one has to do is how and how to occupy oneself until the start of the sale , which - perhaps one is full an hour before It promises to be a rather difficult , possibly disappointing , and ridiculous task.

The good-looking man in his thirties was neither skinny nor fat. Rather, it was shaped like a teddy bear and looked a little big , with a sad child 's head , on which even a wide - brimmed cap stood so awkwardly. He held his gray, time - worn briefcase tightly under his arm , as if he wanted to cherish or protect his priceless treasures from everyone , and not allow anyone else to do so. and to see it.

A few young , adolescent - looking actresses came out of the theater 's main entrance. Apparently , they wanted to hang out and relax. Some of them took a few puffs of their not - so - cheap cigarettes , while others discussed whether what else should they do on stage to make the given production seem even better and more enjoyable?

Can't notice him, but at around a quarter to two , a lady with a gazelle complexion and a dreamy beauty jumped off the tram laughing. Looking around , he crossed the busy road, then greeted all his colleagues with a kiss on the cheek. It was not possible to know for sure whether he had noticed the strange man in his thirties, but what is certain is that he was terribly excited and seemed frustrated by the upcoming performance , where he played a minor naive role he managed to get it, and since he spent his professional internship at this theater, he would have liked to believe that he was able to give the audience the maximum. At first it seemed that he was both very kind and unattached to his closest friends and acquaintances , but of course it could also be that this is all just an illusion , and fun at the same time, because in the world of show business , nothing is what it seems.

a quarter to three, the individual people began to move gradually to the show that started at three in the afternoon. The wise saying has not lost its validity even now , since most of them are still dressed in fine and elegant things , and from if you had asked a person or two why he came to the theater to see a play , he would surely answer that he was more curious to see how someone was dressed or what they were wearing?

The 30-year-old man felt a little uncomfortable and frustrated among most of the people, who didn't even care about him and were only concerned with themselves. He stomped around listlessly for a while, and then when most of the people retreated into the buzzingly pleasant, warm environment of the theater, he decided to go inside instead. Maybe he did n't even want to see the performance , since he always recognized the fact that in exchange for the extremely expensive ticket, he either wouldn't be able to see the stage properly, or he wouldn't be able to hear anything from the actors. from With friendless mistrust , he approached a cheerfully squatting , bald - headed man at the ticket office , who stared in front of him boredly , and suddenly went down the aisle. made sure of it.

- I wish you a good day! - he greeted distrustfully and half-heartedly, as he was not used to people.

clerk was still staring straight ahead.

- I'm sorry, but could I talk to one of the actors? - the man asked a little more bravely.

- Did you get your ticket? - the bald man raised his head from the sports section.

- Well... not yet... but...

- Then my advice, buddy, is to get your horse out first and then you can talk! - she touched the man with a small style, a condescending , phlegmatic speech , but it was so unpleasant that he even hurt him.

- Forgive me, dear sir, but maybe... I'm boring?! - he asked me more and hostilely , if he could hang the rabbit from the bush.

- Then pay attention, pub! If you come to the show , buy a ticket , if not, get out of here , but quickly! Did you understand?! - now even in front of a bald man , it was pretty obvious that he had had enough of everything and everyone.

- Er... well... I understood... - the man reached for his wallet as if he wanted to pay, while the bald cashier gave him a ticket with one accord. - Please... could I speak to one of the actresses? - another unsuccessful trial followed , to see if the unfriendly bald man would become a little more humane , more gentle , but - apparently - there was no chance for that.

- Well then, buddy! Now you can go in and put down your wish until the sale starts! - he added cheerfully , then sank back into his newspaper.

" I 'm not going to get help from that old guy , that 's for sure! " he concluded bitterly , then entered the front door in disbelief. on his double - winged door. He purposely did not use an ornate square frame , which most people do , but instead tried to navigate through secret wells, where the public is not allowed in. He thought he tries a vomit test himself, to see if he'll be lucky and meet the chosen actor.

- What the hell do you want?! - a burly security guard in black approached him a little violently and impatiently.

Er... excuse me... I'm looking for the theater... - defensively, he held up the purchased ticket , wanting to prove that he had come to see the show to eat

- It's not here! Why isn't a good person using the stairs?! - said the security guard in front of him , and when he saw that the others were in reality , he shook his head in unison. lt: - Now he turns around, and does he see that young man there? You have to go up to the ap á holys! Did you understand?!

- Yes! Thank you for your help! - he was already aiming for the stairs with his back , to see if he could successfully shake off this unpleasant feeling a guard who is already gone after his work.

The man had made up his mind now. Even so, there were at least fifteen or twenty minutes until the start of the actual performance , which meant that most of the actors were now putting on their make-up badly , so they were trying to get up to be born for a given role.

,,No problem! Even then, I'll give it a try!" he decided, and since he didn't know the hidden, spiral staircase - like secret paths of the theater , where the actors used to go for a better price , he was surprised himself. he felt how much he cares about this world. He is a bit bitter He thought with irony , what would have happened if - that year - he had been admitted to the SZFE and received a diploma as a dramatist or director? Old beautiful memories! Although he always knew that he would like to realize his dreams and ideas abroad , almost everything failed in terms of implementation and his relationships.

silent , stealthy steps, he entered one of the pitch-black spiral staircase corridors , where only a dim light of a barely forty-watt bulb served as a dim light. He barely saw anything anyway. He clung higher and higher , stumbling in the dark , until at last , at the top of the tower , there were narrow , illumined tubes of piercing light, brick floor ú corridor ó t. There were doors on both sides with name plates.

Won't spell the name of a beginner or a university student! " he mused , then he heard laughing voices from one of the doors , and he immediately recognized the actor in question.

He knocked three times somewhat hesitantly and clumsily, when the good-natured , giggling old man laughed and stopped, and a young girl opened the door suddenly and unexpectedly. He clutched a chaser in his hand. _ So you can imagine that he could have been a hairdresser or stylist.

- Here... Who are you looking for? - he surprised me.

timidly , and when he saw the young brunette sitting in the Cleopatra hairstyle , typing on her smartphone , he let out a trusting smile. - Welcome , dear artist! Maybe he does n't even remember me! - he thanked her.

- But I remember you very much! You write those fantastic poems right?! he asked, interested.

- Well... yes... - he stepped inside.

- Well, how can I help you, dear sir? I'm sorry I don't know your name?

- Uh... Cold Balázs!

- Welcome Balázs! - he extended his hand. The actor had such silky, well-kept, delicate hands , but he also had an expensive mouth. Who knows? Maybe they are taught this separately. - What could I help you with? - he asked curiously. _ _

- I am aware that he will soon become his father , and everything is going fantastically, and he must be extremely busy, but it would be nice to talk a little about a lot of things... - he was so frustrated and upset , that the incoherent words really came out of his mouth like lightning. The young actress widened her expressive eyes , as if she were really interested in the ordeals and problems of a strange , interesting person.

can perceive, I don't have a single free minute at the moment, but we will discuss a time later on Facebook, if that suits you! - Balázs gave her such a breath - taking , penetrating glance that the men 's hearts leapt with realness. Seduction and the practice of flirting may be in every woman 's blood. Possible.

bowed down with polite gentlemanliness and was about to say goodbye , a little embarrassed, when he stopped the actor :

- Wait a minute, dear Balázs! - he pulled out his dressing table 's drawer - sized photo and wrote his private contact information and his name. He handed over the small , colored photo as if he were cherishing a priceless , real treasure between his swan fingers. - Here we go! Please receive it with love , and I hope you will like the next one soon!

- Thank you very much! - he folded himself again , then quietly sneaked out of the fire pit. He would have liked to watch the show , but his dusty , phlegm - like behavior somehow took away any further interest.

A few days after the theater performance , he received an email from the young actor in which he invited Balázs , one of the inner - city vé z ó ba. In his nervousness , Balázs didn't even know whether to accept the invitation or whether to go alone. In the end , his mother convinced him that if he didn't do it, he might regret for the rest of his life that he missed another offered opportunity.

- Just go, darling! Who knows? You may become friends soon! - he remarked with a fake smile while he was busy with dinner.

Balázs chose a simple sweater and jeans street combination. He relaxed his figure and wanted to look carefree with all the means. After all , he saw no point in drawing unnecessary attention to himself. Fortunately , he soon found his way to the mine on the corner of Oktogon. He had the most trouble with the Oktogon at the numbered winding intersection , and he often got so lost that he had to walk all the way back to Astoria from the Áprá Bridge. to, which is certainly not a small distance!

Again, he approached the sleek entrance of the cafe in stealth mode, with his back slightly hunched. "That's why a French custard costs almost a thousand forints, because they spend the money on such useless things that attract tourists!" he muttered to himself. He deliberately did not sit down, because he thought it would be more polite to receive his famous guest standing.

He had to wait for half an hour before the young lady arrived with a slight delay.

- Welcome, dear Balázs! I'm so glad you were able to come! - he extended his hand with a kind charm.

- I'm happy too! - it was so cold and his palms were sweating that he was afraid he would crush the ash duck. He only gently touched her, which made her blush pleasantly.

- Let's sit somewhere comfortable! - he pointed in the direction of a free table, and he was surprised when Balázs pulled out the chairs in front of him with gentle politeness.

- Thank you! You are a real knight, dear Balázs! - took a seat. - I hope you liked what he gave us? - he asked curiously.

Balázs swallowed a huge dumpling and felt that something was already squeezing his throat. The young lady also noticed this, because she stretched out her tender hand and confidentially took hold of the man's sweaty paws :

- Tell me something dear Balázs! You haven't seen the current play, have you? - his question cut him in the chest.

He shook his head no.

- But... why didn't you look at it, after all, I think you just paid for the ticket? - his voice sounded a little stricter, harder.

- Please forgive me if I've caused any trouble, but... I was temporarily blocked by a bald man at the ticket office, who was acting like a jerk! - he said the unequivocal truth.

- Alas, Balázs! Don't tell me, please, that it was Zsolt who took his fancy so much? Such things should never happen to him!

- Yes! I also agree with this, but unfortunately this kind of incident also happened in the Pest theater!

- Oh, don't tell Balázs, because I'm about to get angry with someone! - it was dream- like in this moment , as his nose was pulled up by his nose , while his big , breath - taking eyes scattered sparks. - Then I think we need to remedy this urgently , don't you?!

- Alas , dear artist! Disconcert! You 'd better forget about the whole inconvenience! - he waved.

- Well, dear Balázs! You are an injury to him, which must be corrected! We should never sweep our problems under the rug , or do you think you ran away from your problems anyway?!

It could be seen that the man was really sinking into himself sadly and was digesting and chewing on the lady's sentences for long minutes.

he hinted.

thought that - of course , only if you want - we will discuss a time and we will be happy to see you at an open tryout! There, the listeners are free to do whatever they want! How about that? - she was so charming and mischievous at this moment that Balázs felt that he had completely fallen in love with her again.

- OK!

- Then we discussed this, and please, Balázs, if in the near future you decide to take the step of just leaving a quality seller , feel free to contact me and we 'll figure something out in no time! - my wife motioned to a waiter to bring some creamy cake with a little milk , and then they didn't notice that they ended up talking to each other for the rest of the day he day! In his entire life , Baláza could not feel so confident and full of self - confidence!

 






© 2023 Tasi83


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on September 26, 2023
Last Updated on September 26, 2023
Tags: Contemporary, epic, short prose, prose, short story, literature

Author

Tasi83
Tasi83

Budapest, Budapest, Hungary



About
I was born on November 30, 1983 in Budapest! I studied Hungarian history at ELTE-TFK, BTK; history teacher. I'm editing ebooks! So far, I have published my volumes on Publió and Publishdrive as.. more..

Writing
CONSULTING CONSULTING

A Poem by Tasi83