LUNG EXAMINATION

LUNG EXAMINATION

A Story by Tasi83






 




- Department Attention please! - crackled the head of the class 's almost wise , serious , tenor voice, as if an opera singer was singing. - There will be a lung test , which means that one year everyone will sit in a plane , take a deep breath , and hold it in until, let 's say , they can go home! If anyone riots or disturbs the others with their behavior, the Director will take care of it He will talk to the Lord in the body meeting room! Was I hopeful?! - he glanced significantly at the gang leader , who had occupied the back rows of the rented bus.

- Uncle Béla? Can you go home afterwards? - asks a refined little girl who likes to grind pepper non-stop under other people's noses.

- Eszterke! What wasn't clear?! They will take a picture of your lungs , and you can go home right away! Will you?! - the class teacher 's patience is also starting to run out , for example , if there is more than one answer , he has to repeat it unnecessarily. - Attention then! We get on the bus and I don't want to hear a single piss.

The little chubby boy now feels as if a whole world has collapsed inside him ; sudden violent heart palpitations , abdominal cramping It captures a warm and long - lasting feeling

. He will suddenly feel sick and must get out into the fresh air at any cost. But the back of the bus is already full of them. Then at least someone could roll down those damn panoramic windows.

- Uncle Béla! I think Róbi feels bad! - notes another little girl, with whom I also joked with the adults.

- My cat! I know that better than you! Stay where you are! - asks the class teacher for a while , then looking a little concerned and knowingly he goes to meetings , where Róbi sits lost and suspicious , and you can see on his chubby face that he feels terribly ill.

- What's up, my Róbika? Are you very sick? - he raises his chubby wrist, feels or a pulse, and glances at his wristwatch, because Róbi's once calm, balanced pulse has multiplied.

- Your pulse is slightly faster! Take it easy! Everything will be fine! - he turns his back towards the gang leaders, staring at them menacingly , as if going into battle : - I don't need to say that this applies to you too! - the nut - black eye bug flashes sharply.

Some mischievous kid can't take it anymore, and as soon as the head of the class turns away , he sticks his tongue out in front of the crowd , before the majority of the people knock him down, because he 's an idiot. they all start to cry.

- Are you starting again?! - his voice booms as he turns back! - I don't want to hear a single word from now on! - he goes back to the seat next to the driver and takes a seat.

In the class , there is a low rumbling , smaller murmurs , and the main subjects are speculating about what the doctors will do. There are one or two boys who solve crossword puzzles , while others tease each other with stories, and there are also those who play Hungarian cards, albeit with more or less success.

The office is located near Moricz Zsigmond körtér. On a weekday, however , it is impossible and suicidal to find a normal , space -consuming parking space there

. However, the bus driver is not confused ; he pulls into the alley with that middle- aged monster and maneuvers as precisely as if he had only ever done this in real life.

- We're here, kids! Everyone will go down one by one! - announces the class head with a command word , and checks each child individually. Naturally , even now Róbi is the last one. As if fate , or destiny , or some kind of special psychological emergency , I live deep down , forcing him to turn a blind eye to it. he is in a bad place. He hesitates for a while after burning and stomps.

- My baby! May God bless you! We are all waiting for you! Get off the bus! - he instructs the smitten fat child, who is already on the verge of crying like a tightrope walker.

- My baby! Sorry for raising my voice, but everyone is looking at us and it's a bit... it's embarrassing... - the head of the department tries to rely on logic and reason and carries a poisonous voice he takes it back from á in a good way , in order to strengthen the child 's confidence and that nothing will go wrong. In the end , after a long , somewhat pleading plea from Róbi , he is willing to just stand , while the class members yell out in good form that what the hell can someone be so mother and wife katon huh?

- Attention class! Now let's go to the order room! Everyone will be called by name! If you don't behave properly, you can check yourself tomorrow! Then? I hope he can understand everything and world?! _ - the man of retirement age looks like a wolf - eyed man , as if he respects you and expects almost everyone to be at his level he l.

The office is white and spotless. It is as if the sterile environment was created primarily for people , patients , from whom the doctors do not yet know how to find out. ancient Greek or not, so the place creates a cheap view of austere bleakness. Róbi's scared , vulnerable heart almost jumps out of place in his terrified fears. It 's as if he 's already swollen to the brim and desperately wants to break out of his ribcage prison.

- Then the ladies go to the right and the boys to the left! - the class teacher says in unison , then he takes a seat in one of the more or less clean white plastic chairs.

nurse wearing a medical uniform appears , clutching a large file folder in her hands, and with a bit of strictness begins to grind the names of the students according to the list.

- Dániel Abbaházi!

universally and permanently overcome by a feeling of fear, the gang leaders laugh among themselves, saying that they are the only ones in this pitiful group. in the branch, who do not fear anyone or anything from him.

Dani starts in the direction of the blood a little hesitantly , but no matter how hard he tries to pull himself out in a straight line, even the simple task somehow always becomes difficult. In between , he swallows his terror in almost audible gulps , wondering what will happen to him in the solitude of the terrifying examination room. How are you supposed to fit into a human - sized , automatic machine that takes pictures of your internal organs? It could be gamma or radio active radiation , as in most science fiction movies I know. He doesn't even want to think about it. He expresses doubt , coupled with speechless silence. Finally , he enters the examination room , leaving everyone behind , and disappears behind a closed level white door.

Not even fifteen minutes pass, and he almost runs out of the room, taking a huge, big, independent breath, that he has finally succeeded in a man-trying task, and it wasn't one bit stressful or painful.

- So? How did it go? - asks the head of class excitedly with a routine question of course.

- I don't think you need to be afraid, Uncle Béla! - he says with a shrug. - Can I go home now?

- Naturally! - now he turns to the excited majority. - Those who graduate can of course leave immediately!

After that , everything seems so real and simple. The nurse calls in the class members individually , after which Róbi is left alone in the office with the class teacher.

Róbi's permanent, total depression and hopeless despair are increasing. He cursed a whole world by himself long ago , including himself. He feels it again. First , the friendless heartburn that became permanent , combined with this , and then the infernal stomach cramps. " If only he could get over all this and finally get out of this cursed cycle! " he thinks to himself and tries to grit his teeth , manfully , not to burst into tears.

The head of department looked encouragingly. He is somehow even proud of this strange eccentric boy who is extremely polite to almost everyone. He doesn't fight, he doesn't use bad words, he studies like an eminent person, he's hardworking, and yet - who knows why - he's constantly bullied and terrorized by his low - class classmates!

- My baby! Just believe it! Everything will be fine! Pull yourself out and go! - Uncle Béla gives wise advice, while Róbi single - handedly heads in the direction of the Aremis ' examination room. When you leave the almost humming office behind you , an unfriendly , blinking yellow light flashes. _ He soon realizes that he has to get rid of his upper clothes , because they are going to make recordings of his upper body. He quickly throws off his gray and black pullover and polo shirt , then folds it carefully , as his mother taught him, because it would n't be nice if it was all rolled up by the time he came back. An extremely thick , loopy cleavage is almost suffocatingly disgusting. By the way , how did he get so fat over the years? He doesn't know. He hesitantly enters the examination room, and when the nurse on duty asks him to enter the large and unknown, scary-looking, upside-down rectangular machine, he enters carefully, as if he is preparing to fight lions in an arena.

- Great! And now hold your breath! He's big air! - the assistant asks to prepare the recordings.

Róbi inhales the air , and it 's as if he 's suddenly suffocating , because he 's not used to it. Hold on for five more minutes , if this cursed , wretched world is gone from you. Then suddenly you hear the assistant 's pleasant voice :

- We are ready to! You can get dressed!

He exits the plane as if he is a slightly different person. Don't know what could have changed in it? Is it his physical - physical endowments , or his eternally vulnerable , boyish soul? He bows politely , thanks , then goes back to his carefully folded clothes , and modestly begins to get dressed. " It won't be a problem!" - she tries to comfort and encourage herself so that her tears don't fall again like some little girl 's.

He leaves the examination room and takes a hideously huge breath as a splendid proof of his freedom , independent equality. The class teacher looks at him with a curious , questioning look , then says thank you from the class teacher as well , and goes so quickly around the corner to the bus stop as if he had been shot directly from a shotgun

. "I did it, damn it!" - he says to himself. - And that 's all that counts! "

© 2023 Tasi83


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
Added on September 28, 2023
Last Updated on September 28, 2023
Tags: Contemporary, epic, short prose, prose, short story, literature

Author

Tasi83
Tasi83

Budapest, Budapest, Hungary



About
I was born on November 30, 1983 in Budapest! I studied Hungarian history at ELTE-TFK, BTK; history teacher. I'm editing ebooks! So far, I have published my volumes on Publió and Publishdrive as.. more..

Writing
CONSULTING CONSULTING

A Poem by Tasi83