ROMANTIC-COLLAGE

ROMANTIC-COLLAGE

A Story by Tasi83








The man stepped out into the overcrowded quarter of the city with abandoned factory buildings. The creaking rails of the railway station seemed so homely that he almost felt the permanent, now almost inevitable feeling of silence and loneliness.
He could still hear the devilish, twisted laugh of Jack Nicholson's Joker, and what Michael Keaton said to that rascally little thief on the roof: "I'm not going to kill you because you're going to do me a favor!" You tell all your friends about me!
"When exactly can the choice of our life be decided?! Is everything to the point, with precision and dead-on accuracy already written in the stars, or in the book of fate?''
He decided to cut across the sidewalk, all the way to the underpass, where there was an irritating, eye-drying neon lighting, which was only disturbed by a few wandering and now unable to sleep butterflies and smaller insects, which behaved as if they were constantly competing and trying to outbid each other. .
The round-the-clock tobacco shop - as it advertised itself - was still open. Behind a deflated, soot-covered iron grate sat an equally unfriendly, bespectacled, tartar-faced underworld figure. He seemed to regard almost everyone with suspicion and take him under a hat.
"What do you like, mate?" - he raised his piercing gaze in such a way that even the remaining courage of the tall man was a bit strained, after all, since childhood he really hated the darkness and what it symbolized in the persistent language of dread and fear.
He moves on, determined to not give even the faintest chance that anyone will get involved, or that anything will divert him from his true purpose. You. a lady on a date invited him to that evening. He promised a romantic dinner and a hearty conversation, but no sex. He strictly committed himself to this. anyway, he wasn't in the habit of circumventing his own set, well-established rules of the game.
"I wonder what Bruce Wayne would do in this situation?", he kept thinking. And although he had in mind to buy flowers and dessert - after all, you can't arrange just one yourself -, in the end he decided to please the lady of his heart with a diary of two deadlines scribbled with his poems. This will also take quite a bit of time to explain.
At one point, he noticed two drunken homeless people, who - it seemed - might have gotten into a minor argument with each other, because they were arguing with each other with obscene and obscene words, and even fighting. One of them noticed the man and called out to him in a loud voice:
"Hékas!" Little old man! Give me a thousand!
The man felt in the depths of his soul, as if he was once again seized by his blood-curdling, childhood restlessness, when he was not even able to defend himself against his evil, trash-talking classmates, and therefore had to confess his guilt in lock-up from Monday to Friday. He took out his harmonica from his coat pocket. I wish he could play music, at least for one or two film scores. Now you could even easily play Charles Bronson's famous accordion song. He waited a few seconds, only until his heartbeat clicked in his ears, rattled, and then he began to play the accordion with a divine, sharp, hissing sound, so that the two drunken homeless guys were quite scared, because they disappeared from the area as if they had never been there. .
"Well, I got away with it!" - he drew the somewhat bittersweet conclusion about himself, then with careful movements he slipped the small instrument, which now saved his life, back into his coat pocket, and continued walking like a stealthy shadow. The eye-catching, exotic-faced lady who - at least clearly - told me how attractive and inexplicably likeable she was the very first time, lives in an apartment in a condominium somewhere around here.
"What does it mean if someone is likable or not?!", he asked himself another question. "How, and of course, how can one decide at all whether someone's external, physical attributes make someone likable and attractive, or if a person carelessly lets his desires, instincts, and eyes fool him quite simply?!" - At the same time, he correctly guessed that, just like the concept of beauty, the concept of likability would not hurt to be completely clarified once and for all. Although there were not many examples of this in his little life.
He once heard an interesting story from someone about the fact that there are two kinds of women in the world. The first was already considered a real beauty queen in her childhood, while the other suffered from a kind of "little duckling syndrome", which caused her to have a lot of trouble with the members of her close circle. And while a beauty queen accepts approving and complimentary compliments based on her external physical features with almost deathly boredom, the majority of beautiful women who have changed advantageously from the ugly duckling as a result of their lucky adolescence, sooner or later blush, or almost immediately begin to vent and protest, according to which: he does not find her attractive at all and beautiful itself.
The particular apartment where the lady lived on a dark street seemed at least as gloomy and unfriendly as in most ominous action movies.
"So! Three bells, one knock! He will go! Clean line!" - he tried to preserve the pieces of his shattered self-confidence, after all, it was not a negligible circumstance as much as the adventurous journey that had led him to this point.
,,So then! Knocking, then opening the door, one or two light, relaxed, but sincere compliments, then maybe a kiss, but only strictly on the face and not on the mouth, because it might turn into open hostility, and then you'll definitely spoil the good mood of the date .“
He rang three bells at once. After all, who has time to fiddle with numbers in such a heightened situation?
"I'm going!" came the magically melodious voice from inside the door.
"Now the monkey will jump!" - thought the man.
After barely five minutes, the incredibly elegant and pretty woman opened the door, who really looked like a prom queen in her evening dress. The man was a little angry with himself for wanting to pair his knitted sweater with jeans at all costs. There was something boyishly idiotic about it.
"Well, hi!" - with a beaming smile, she greeted the well-deserved man with a kiss on the cheek. - You look good!
"Surely, it was only meant to be polite," he mused, but he liked the kind of special, yet crystal clear tenderness that emanated from the woman's voice.
"And you are fantastically radiant!" - he tried to compliment a little awkwardly, although he felt that maybe he should hold back.
The lady now looked at him like a curious, mischievous, mischievous little girl waiting for a gift and looking forward to receiving something.
"Forgive me for not bringing flowers!" I should have known, but just a moment... - he pretended to rummage violently in his smaller briefcase, which he usually carried under his arm, because it made him feel safe, he almost immediately took out his two appointment diaries and handed them over to the surprised woman as if they were priceless treasures. apparently, 99% of the time he was probably expecting jewelry or something more valuable.
- HE! Well! I don't even know what to say, like this at first? This caught me by surprise, but thank you for thinking of me! �" being a decent, modern, stylish woman, it was appropriate to thank the gift in any case, and not uselessly grind one's tongue on it at the expense of others. Intrigued, he opened the two diaries and carefully looked at the poems written in them.
"All that!" You really meant it when you said you were writing! Congratulations! By the way, have you shown your writing to anyone yet? �" came the next, inquisitive and at least as fluent question.
The man shook his head no, a sad, delusional mood was visible in his eyes.
"I might be able to help, but how careless I am!" he remembered. "Just come in, take it easy!" - he kindly invited us inside the door.
The apartment is lavishly painted. You could feel the stylish, maybe a bit worldly elegance combined with a hint of modern style. "This special woman is more than likely capable of everything! the man thought. I wonder what he will think if I invite him to visit my apartment?" - the lady politely showed the individual rooms and the personal items that probably occupied a special emotional place in her heart, with a little good-natured pride.
"Oh, I forgot!" I also have a present for you! - he changed to a suspicious, mysterious tone, then he stormed out of the room for a few minutes, and after barely five minutes he came back with a mediocre gift package, which contained branded and therefore not at all crappy stationery. Mainly ballpoint pens and diaries.
- Accept with love! You know, since we don't get to know each other as much as it would be good, I thought you could definitely benefit from these and see a miracle! Indeed! �" he carefully handed the package to the man, and as their two hands unexpectedly touched, both of them were shocked by magnetic shocks. Maybe their bodies aren't lying, and the invisible emotional chemical bond between the two of them actually already works?! This is very strange anyway.
"Wow!" Did you feel it too? We are charged with electricity like two batteries! - the woman enthused, and already turned off the lighting so that the tiny, popping sparks could be seen as clearly as possible in the dark.
"Wow!" Look there! They really bounce like sparkling glass balls! �" the woman enjoyed this immensely, while the man found such a free-spirited manifestation of physical contact to be a strange and exciting development at the same time. And although he had always shown himself to be quite aloof in the area of physical contact and contact, now a pleasant tingling went through his heart: ,,Yes! It is possible that he will be the Real One! But of course, let's not rush anything!"
"Do you like sparklers?" he asked unexpectedly when he temporarily turned on the light in the room.
- Well not really , but... - he scolded himself again - at least in his mind, because she had already started to drag him into her extremely spacious, American-style kitchen, where there was a magnificent panorama of the Buda mountains.
"You get a sparkler!" - he already pressed one into his hand and took one out for himself, then he lit first one, then the other, amidst excited screams. Amazed at the reality, he watched as more than a million embers of fire shards flew in the air, flooding the pitch-black night with light. "It's like I'm at a music concert, isn't it?" �" his special smile really lit up the whole room. When the two sparklers no longer sparkled, the woman took a seat at the medium-sized piano with an easy jump and looked at the man questioningly:
�" Do you like light or classical music?
�" Lately, I have been listening to Schubert's Trout many times on YouTube. - he admitted, while the lady's long, delicate fingers were already plowing through the chessboard-like keyboard, and she played the given piece of classical music in a perfect virtuoso manner, without sheet music, based only on hearing. The man couldn't help but admire her. He was perhaps even a little envious that he could barely play the acoustic guitar more than the classical strumpet.
- So? How do you like it? �" while half of his eyes were watching the man. It is as if there is some invisible, bubbly symbiosis between the two of them, which will become stronger, firmer and more harmonious if the fragile trust remains.
"You are fantastically talented!" Although I think everyone comes with this text! he admitted.
"Well… you're not far from the truth, but thank you very much!" can you play
- Well, when I was eighteen years old, I got an acoustic guitar for my birthday, but reading sheet music and changing chords somehow never worked, and I think they took away my interest in it! he admitted shyly.
"Come sit next to me!" he asked. Hesitantly, a little fearfully, the man took a seat on the padded chair. He could already feel the woman's vibrant, radiant presence, her secret positive energies.
"Let's play something together, shall we?" I'll start, you have to press this key when I speak! OK?!
The man nodded distrustfully, as he still could not know what the lady's intentions were. The woman started strumming another piece of classical music, pressing the keys back and forth with such lightning speed that even an amateur would have been unable to follow, then suddenly she suddenly said to the man: "Now you come!"
The man pressed the appropriate key a little clumsily, and the woman could see that someone who had already acquired an enthusiastic student could hardly be happier and more satisfied.
- This is it! You are very talented! he whispered.
They played the instrument like this for more than forty minutes, while they felt that they could read each other's eyes and talk without words. When they were done, they both went into the comfortable and seemingly huge living room. She had already settled on her favorite sofa, taking care not to wrinkle her evening dress, while he sat in an armchair.
"Just listen!" If you don't mind, I'll be honest..." the lady began, and in every word you could feel how embarrassed she was. He took a deep breath. - They say that the first meeting is the decisive moment in the life of couples, but I would like to think that we already understood each other very well on the dating site and revealed our innermost feelings. We've suffered a lot and picked up emotional wounds, but I really want this special thing to work between the two of us, or at least try, if that's okay with you, of course! - he kept silent and stared at the man a little impatiently, wondering what he would say to everything?
"That sounds really good... I'd like to believe it will be..." he remarked, and there was something in his voice that characterizes poets and actors. The emphasis or the melody? The lady couldn't say it later either, but she felt in her whole angelic being that this eccentric man could be the real one, but until then, both of them still have to work a little more on their strained relationship.

© 2024 Tasi83


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on January 4, 2024
Last Updated on January 4, 2024
Tags: Contemporary, epic, short prose, prose, short story, literature

Author

Tasi83
Tasi83

Budapest, Budapest, Hungary



About
I was born on November 30, 1983 in Budapest! I studied Hungarian history at ELTE-TFK, BTK; history teacher. I'm editing ebooks! So far, I have published my volumes on Publió and Publishdrive as.. more..

Writing
CONSULTING CONSULTING

A Poem by Tasi83