HOLIDAY WISH

HOLIDAY WISH

A Story by Tasi83











A strikingly pretty young lady entered the elegant patisserie, where you could clearly see that she was tasting the riches of a barely eight-slice party cake. A saleswoman, who was also young, immediately caught the eye of the filigree lady and asked, curiously, almost a little intrusively, what she was ordering:
"May I help you ma'am?"
"Yes!" Welcome! I'm in a bit of trouble because I want to buy a birthday cake for a special occasion and I can't know what the taste of the person I'm buying the cake for is! In any case, he really likes chocolate! - he remarked as a possible reference point, so that the salesgirl could get some idea.
- I understand! Well... let's see! - he pointed around, in the deep-frozen glass showcases, beautiful cake poems were sleeping their ice-cold, hibernating dreams. To be on the safe side, the saleswoman also held a colorful catalog in her hand:
"This catalog might help you!" he gave it.
- Thank you very much! - he took the pastry case and, even standing still, flipped through the pages to see if he could find a suitable cake.
"May I ask how old the celebrant is?" asked the young girl a little curiously.
"It will be around forty!" - he declared, feeling proud that this relationship of his is finally developing the way he planned it. In the last ten years, he has had enough rejections and his heart has been broken many times. The dog does not want to collect mental wounds again. Finally, barely ten minutes later, he breathed a sigh of relief and found the so-called A "dream cake" that he intended as a gift for his chosen one.
"I think this is what I want!" I think it's perfect, don't you think?! - he looked up at her with interest.
"Yes!" A gorgeous choice! he noted. "When would you like it?" Do you order home delivery? he asked back.
"Well..." he pondered for a while. He didn't seem to think about the exact time. "It would be nice if it could be delivered by next week!" he admitted.
"Then for next week!" - digitally recorded the requested order in the appropriate Excel table on the laptop in an official format. �" I would like to ask for a phone number, or if you have one, an email address will also do!
"Command!" - he handed over the small, hard, off-white cardboard card, which contained all the necessary official information.
"Thank you!" We are glad that you bought from us! We will contact you as soon as the cake is ready! - he tried to grind out the usual rice text at this time.
"Would you like me to order something else, madam?" - asked.
"No thanks, that's all!"
"I'm asking for twelve thousand six hundred forints!"
The pretty lady already gave the cash, because in the meantime she realized that, due to the lack of a terminal, it would be a bit difficult for her to pay with a credit card, which she had always been more used to.
"Then we would!" - he handed over the invoice to the other. With that, the pretty woman walked out of the store with light, gazelle steps, literally jubilant. When you got home after work and parked your car in the heated garage on the ground floor, after all, towards the end of November, you have to think about the hot, windy, sweltering weather, and if someone takes care of their car or other valuables, then - as they say - sooner or later he appreciates the trust placed in him.
"Hello dear!" Tell me how was your day? he asked as he opened the front door. Her partner literally ran in front of her to help her off her long winter coat, the knitted scarf, and the attractive little hat in which she looked so girlish. They have been a couple for four years now and have no regrets. Not even if their parents were constantly telling them when there would finally be a world-famous wedding ceremony and so on. Both of them were as happy and satisfied with this relationship as those who are forced to carry spiritual wounds with them throughout their lives, and are able to appreciate and appreciate those exceptional and fragile human relationships, which perhaps life has in store only for them.
"I have a super surprise for you!" he shouted from the bathroom as soon as he managed to change into something comfortable. "I want you to be very surprised..." he said mysteriously.
- HE! I like this! So a surprise... - of course, he knew that his birthday was approaching, but somehow he always dreaded and even dreaded special occasions, because then, in most cases, either a close family member had died or, in general, his father, who was always splitting hairs and criticizing line to constantly make endless comments about such trivial things that, in truth, should not have been mentioned, but it was his father because he always didn't like something.
"My day went so well!" �" he immediately jumped on the comfortable sofa in the living room and pulled up his cold, slender legs to warm them. The man immediately noticed and ran into the bedroom, where he came back with a nice warm blanket and, like a small child, heartily and thoroughly n wrapped up his beloved, which the beautiful woman appreciated.
- Thank you sweetheart! This fits really well! - he thanked her and blushed at the thought that he had managed to catch such a fantastic and exceptional person. Before that, he somehow tended to judge everyone based on their external qualities. Mainly, lawyers, bankers, doctors, and businessmen wanted to ask him out, and he tended to walk into the maze of relationships that showed material existence, but were actually emotionally false and void. Then, later, one of her high school friends showed her the strange man, and for the very first time, her body immediately began to tingle and she was overcome by such rare feelings, which are usually only typical if you have known the person in question for at least a couple of years. But this mysterious boy-faced man was different now. As he began to listen with interest and attention to his sad, troubled childhood, how almost without exception he had inferiority complexes and other complexes due to the sudden onset of obesity in his teenage home, how everyone humiliated him, and whom his friends saw as either running over him, or worse: being bullied. trampled without. Then how he became a misanthrope who avoids people, and maybe even a bit of a recluse, which is really not surprising, and other serious mental traumas, which would have come to light sooner or later.
They were already past the twentieth date, when it was the pretty woman in sexy underwear who really wanted to spend a romantic evening with him, and then when he asked her to undress and the permanent, severe surgical scar from her childhood car accident was revealed on her right the man almost choked himself in shame that he had to show himself so naked and vulnerable. He gently locked her in her arms and comforted her like a scared to death crying child who was completely orphaned and lost without his own mother. Yet somehow she was very grateful for this strange night because she instantly tuned in to his hidden needs. He realized that spiritual security and shelter mean more than other things that can be expressed in money.
He loved the evenings when he worked late, and it was well past ten in the evening before he drove home, but his partner always waited for him. Even if he was in pajamas and a bathrobe. She felt that she had completely and irrevocably fallen in love with him when her extended circle of friends invited her and the man to a kind of semi-official gathering. She immediately took him to her girl friends and introduced him to everyone, and while the event was going on, she noticed with one eye that the man was playing with a couple of children whose parents couldn't put them anywhere, so they brought him with them, and while the adults were very pleasantly occupied with themselves, until the man found himself among the children. He played, imitated sounds, and even acted as a clown freely to his heart's content. Of course, the lady's friends couldn't help remarking that the man was not suitable at all, and that he had a poor job, just a simple librarian's assistant, but the pretty woman tied the knot and listened to her heart, which seemed to be whispering the truth to her soul. .
Later, of course, he introduced his chosen one to his parents, who couldn't help but curiously and worriedly inquire about the young man's career and financial situation. The woman lasted barely half an hour, then dragged the man away, saying: they have to go home to feed the man's little jewel turtle, which the parents took note of, calming down.
The man's birthday arrived soon. The pretty lady wanted everything to be perfect and everything to go smoothly. That is why he successfully delivered the cake poem early on, and tried to drive so carefully, even in rush hour traffic, at barely fifty-five kilometers per hour, so as not to accidentally break anything. Then she called the man a few times at work, mainly during her lunch break, just so she could hear his poetic, melodious voice, which always gave her pleasant feelings:
"See you soon dear!" - they said goodbye without exception. She intentionally left her workplace early, and even so, she came with one or two small favors to some good-natured female colleagues, who blamed her for leaving in a hurry. He went to the parking garage, checked the cake poem carefully wrapped in the off-white cardboard box, immediately hit the gas and sped home.
She expected him not to be home because he had one or two more urgent things to attend to. He wasn't far wrong. His partner stared at the falling snow from the large bedroom window.
"Oh, are you home already, my love?" - she was surprised and tried to pretend that the man wouldn't notice the valuable shipment.
"There is a sadness hidden very deeply in the snowfall..." he mused aloud.
"And I think it's beautiful and fantastic at the same time." Please come into the office for a few minutes into a can. he asked while he tried to prepare everything precisely.
The landline rang unexpectedly. It was the man's inquisitive mother, and she asked the lady to let her greet her grown-up son on his one-year anniversary.
"Wait a moment!" It's coming! My dear, your mother is on the line... - she shouted towards the study, before the man ran out with childish excitement and took the phone from the lady.
"Hello..." he said a little uncertainly.
"Hello my sweet son!" Your mother is here! A very Happy Birthday to you!
- Thank you very much! How and how are you? Don't you need something? he asked a little worried, wondering if his mother was deliberately hiding something from him.
"Don't worry baby!" All is well! - answered the woman. "Is everything okay with your girlfriend?" he asked curiously.
"Of course!" I think she is a very special lady!
"That's great!" Celebrate well!
They both hung up at the same time. It was also part of their nature.
When everything was ready, the lady dressed in a beautiful, pretty dress brought in the cake miracle decorated with sparkling fireworks and marzipan figures, and then carefully placed it in the middle of the dining table.
"Happy Birthday to you..." she began to sing in English, in a tinkling voice, and was more charming than ever.
"Oh... I really shouldn't have..." the man apologized, although deep down he might have always been waiting for special occasions.
- Happy Birthday my dear! Blow out the candle and make a wish! she kissed the man on the cheek.
The man blew out the candle announcing the number forty and waited until the last spark of the little firework went off.
"I always hesitate when it's time to cut the cake!" - he carefully took hold of the knife and tried to cut a slice as carefully as he could.
"I think you're a bloody pro at this too!" - the lady watched in amazement as she managed to take pictures of the love of her life with her smartphone. "I'd like some whipped cream too!"
"Really… I don't even know if we bought whipped cream?" - he was stunned for a moment.
The pretty lady already picked up the small face-gray bottle with the inscription "whipped cream" and heartily spooned her own tasty slice of cake. She purposely poked her fork in such a way that a few expressive dollops of whipped cream landed on her exotic face.
"Honey!" Would you help me! I'm afraid I accidentally killed myself! he giggled. The man was there immediately, and with a paper towel napkin, he already started gently caressing the face of his girlfriend, who from this single touch really felt like she was in heaven. "Well, my life?" How do you feel beyond the fourth X? he asked as they finished the cake and drank their drink, which was strictly puppy champagne.
"I'm a little afraid of what the future holds for us!" It feels so weird! he admitted like a good student.
"Don't be afraid of anything, my love!" You can always count on me and I will protect you from all harm! - the lady expressively squeezed her chubby hand over the table.
The gift opening could follow later. The man received three new diaries, as he always liked to write down his poems by hand first, and two expensive Parker type pens, which will last him for a long time. But the real surprise came when the lady covered her eyes with her long, fine, ashen hands, and when she saw him again, her gaze caught on a black and white ultrasound image... She didn't want to believe that it was all true, and her eyes were literally just dripping. fist-sized tears of joy.

© 2024 Tasi83


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on January 17, 2024
Last Updated on January 17, 2024
Tags: Contemporary, epic, short prose, prose, short story, literature

Author

Tasi83
Tasi83

Budapest, Budapest, Hungary



About
I was born on November 30, 1983 in Budapest! I studied Hungarian history at ELTE-TFK, BTK; history teacher. I'm editing ebooks! So far, I have published my volumes on Publió and Publishdrive as.. more..

Writing
CONSULTING CONSULTING

A Poem by Tasi83