WHEN A DATE KICKS IN

WHEN A DATE KICKS IN

A Story by Tasi83













"Honey, are you okay?" - Annamari asks with her superstitious, doe-eyed eyes, a little worried, as she continues to flip through the menu like a professional gastronomy expert.
- Thank you for your question! - I answer, as if awakened from an unexpected dream by the gray, dirty reality.
"Please don't get me wrong!" I'm just so worried about you! - she notes with the most mysterious possible femininity, which can be called women's secret miracle weapon, with which they can almost immediately elicit a disarming effect and elicit feelings from men who, on the other hand, like to hide their selfish feelings. At least in most cases.
"Thank you so much for scaring me so much!" You have no idea how much this means to a person like me! - I tell him, while the sweat is constantly dripping from me. What is likely is that my entire shirt and tie also feel some sort of sloppy trampling, which - maybe - only I notice. Although it may be that we are the only couple in the incredibly furnished restaurant, which is similar to the throne room of the royal palace, and we are the only couple who are mostly stared at by the wealthier and wealthier people. I dare not say it, but I am quite confused, and of course the whole consciousness is totally tense. If it all depended on this, we could easily order a pizza with this much power. The express courier would have brought it out hip-hop in return for a small tip in advance, of course.
"Emil!" �" Annamari looked up from the expensive menu for the first time since she mentioned that I was behaving particularly strangely. In her gaze, there is a deep-rooted sadness and a wisdom combined with seriousness, which perhaps only mature women who have never allowed themselves to be trampled under any circumstances by life with a capital letter are capable of. Even though I thought things were going fantastic between the two of us, I had to watch it as an ominous omen and be on the lookout for what would happen next?!
"What do you think we should order?" �" I try to hide my exaggerated panic under the guise of light relaxation, which usually embittered my shipwrecked and declassified philosophy of life since I was a little boy.
I only later find out that Annamari is an obsessive fan of scallops and loves strange, almost bizarre and appropriately disgusting dishes made from seafood, but since she truly mesmerizes me and mesmerizes me at every moment with her fluttering eyelashes and feminine practices, I just leave it to her. to order whatever you want. Before long, an overly friendly, lanky waiter appears at our table and prepares to take our orders.
"I'd like to ask for a clam chowder with shrimp bites fried in garlic butter, and a little white wine, if possible!" - he smiles confidentially at the waiter, who writes down the desired dish using his shorthand hieroglyphs, and is about to leave urgently, when my friend warns him that we haven't finished yet:
"Excuse me, sir, you haven't ordered yet!" - he says firmly, as if he had already threatened the penitent-looking waiter with this.
"What do you want dear?" �" he stares at me curiously, as if he had already figured out my adventurous thoughts.
- Oh... deep-fried pork ribs with parsley fried potatoes... - it's impossible to come up with anything better, at least in this situation.
"Did you hear that?" - he now asks the waiter, who nods his head like an accomplice, then leaves a little offended.
"This is the current service!" A bit blood-curdling! Do not you think?
"Well...compared to what..." - I ask.
"Oh, you little candy bar!" I'd love to catch you now! Ha-mm! - he says in his own well-placed, childish joke.
Suddenly I notice myself in the mirror. How can I give the impression of a pathetic, pathetic, unfortunate guy, and probably most people are already asking themselves, who the hell is this big idiot child-faced lump, who has caught such a pretty and elegant goddess for himself?!
"Smile my dear!" It sucks! - he says as he tries to click an advantageous photo with his brand new smartphone, which is a thousand times more modern than mine.
"What I love about you is that you are who you are!" The world is not broken! - he answers, and then confidentially stroked my hairy, disgusting hands, and almost immediately I was electrocuted. Especially if, for some secret reason, the power went out right now and all the lights went out. The waiter hurriedly brought out the food, as he may have more important things to do than just deal with us. And we're starting to get drunk. After the first few minutes, I feel a strong urge in my stomach not to start throwing up right away, because that would be pretty cheesy, not to mention that Annamari tutti would probably leave me with a wooden picture. He eagerly dips his spoon into the exotic seafood soup and savors the special flavors in small, tasty sips. My whole insides turn upside down, but I still drink to act as if it doesn't matter anymore.
"Hmmm!" Yummy! I love scallops! - he clearly announces with a wide grin on his lips, and it is likely that he can see the permanent change in my chubby head, which is starting to play in greenish shades.
"Earth is calling Emil!" You take the broadcast! �" changed to a modified nasal voice, like a female astronaut. - Everything is alright?!
"It's only natural!" Please excuse me for a minute... - I have to get up from here immediately and find a restroom immediately, because the permanent and universal malaise will be avoided immediately. I make it to the men's room just in time and take myself into the toilet bowl with a door and stand directly above the spacious bowl, so that it is immediately at hand if I ever need it. I try to slow down my unhappily accelerated heart rate while I keep breathing deeply. After ten minutes, my condition improves only slightly.
I go to the washrooms and try to wash my face with cold water a couple of times, while I glare at the reflection of my wretched, unfortunate face: "How can you be such an idiot? Now you're probably thinking that you're not goofy enough, you're not macho enough to take on the scallops! You'll be left to yourself if he tells you that he's going to throw you after the date!", warns the inner voice of the soul. By the time I got back, a brain-kneaded testosterone titan had unexpectedly appeared at our table. It is not at all difficult to put together the connection that this a*s-headed macho could have been my girlfriend's first boyfriend. Maybe they even slept with each other, which later on in my presence they try to hide more and more awkwardly. I try to move between the tables with an extended, straight posture, as my mother always tried to warn me - although I would prefer to sprint home right now with my tail tucked in, so that they don't accidentally see the look of total astonishment on my face.
"Honey, are you okay?" I was already very worried! What do you look like?! �" he measures while a question is hidden in his eyes: should he introduce me to his old friend?
"It's nothing!" I really couldn't be better! - I can feel in my voice that probably only total losers can come up with a more pathetic text to save themselves.
"Oh, I forgot to introduce one of my dear old friends, Ákos!" - he points to the muscle spat, and he immediately catches the squealing terror that I will be part of a bone-crunching handshake within seconds. And I'm not wrong.
- Hi, bro! - he holds out his big fist as a sign of his trust, and when I shake his hand, he intentionally squeezes my cute, chubby little fingers so much that I almost burst into tears. - What's up?! I hear you're messing with my ex-girlfriend! And how is the sex?! - he asks, also using his disgusting, perverted fantasies.
"Akos!" Please don't be such a jerk! We already broke up if I'm not mistaken?! Annamari warns seriously, in an almost hostile tone.
"Stop yourself, little mother!" For now, I'm just making friends with your new boyfriend! Why would this be a crime?! �" with that, he pulls out the other chair in a relaxed, careless style and takes a seat at our table, symbolically manipulating it and already destroying the last crumbs of the intimate, romantic atmosphere that had been there.
"...And just tell me, buddy?" How did you meet?! - he asks, while his hyena eyes first spy on me, then examine Annamarie from head to toe.
"Ákos, you have nothing to do with that!" Spare me your stupid questions!
- What are you drinking? I see white wine! Dude, do you like wine?! - she turns to me, then grabs a glass with two iron fists and takes a massive sip of my friend's wine, which is still cellar-cold. "Blow!" I prefer whiskey with a little coke, how about you?!
"I like hot chocolate!" �" I groan, sufficiently afraid, timidly, and the disgusting warthog laughs away with a belch, as if he wants to throw up.
"I'll bite your boyfriend Annamari!" I say one day they could even admit the triple lineup! he says.
"Akos!" Now, politely, nicely, I'm asking you to get me out of here as a matter of urgency, because if you don't there will be consequences... - Annamari hisses with gritted teeth, and it's clear that she'd really like to slap this meek idiot right now.
"Wow!" My little mother! There's no need to get violent right away! What? are you not on your period? But see, children, that's why I can be a decent person, now I'll leave you to yourselves! Just take it easy! �" he stands up in such a way that the simple wooden chair really groans and trembles under his muscles, then he adjusts his physicality and, like an offended war party, walks away from our table with his head held high, while most of the regulars stare at us curiously and annoyingly.
"Honey!" Forgive me for this interlude! I am truly sorry you had to see this! he says.
"I... I'm very sorry if you're in pain, and..." my words stopped, because an unexpected kiss followed, and then I saw, almost very close, that tears were stuck in her superstitious doe eyes.
Annamarit just barely I've known him for over a month and I'm already totally in love with him. Like someone who was made and fooled by love, like a kind of emotional euphoria. She is a wonderfully responsible and mature-minded girl. Although, upon first impression, most people would not see how much mature awareness and karakan determination the youthful, almost girlish face of Audrey Tatou, Josaphiné Japy can hide. The other fact is that he is only twenty-nine years old, which compared to a forty-year-old - so what can I say? -, may give rise to serious reasons in the eyes of some.
Second, Annamari is a true artist. The first time I could hear a Bach fugue played on the cello, or a classical orchestral work, a special, magnetic tingle immediately pervaded me, especially since I was never particularly a fan of classical music, I prefer the hits of the 80s and 90s, unlike the 2000s with its neomodern wavy line. For the third time, Annamari applied to be a member of László Moholy Nagy's art workshop, and she proved to be an incredible talent. He bought a snow-white canvas and was able to create a composition of harmonious tones of colors in seconds, which then resulted in avant-garde paintings with a completely unique and deliberately special composition and theme. And although she's always a bit sloppy and grumpy when I brag to others about how proud I am that my girlfriend is a real versatile polymath, she was able to remain humble and modest even in this situation. Later, he told me that he dropped by for a painting class at the Sorbonne in Paris and brought his own canvases, thanks to his French friend Sophie who lived there, who was then a third-year humanities student. In class, the given teacher immediately analyzed my friend's painting in great detail and told me that she would take it a lot further if she chose painting. Of course, Annamari's little devil of suspicion awoke immediately, and she doubted her skills and abilities.
"The French professor was so kind and friendly!" he gushed when he came home. �" The whole class and Sophie also stood and applauded, and I felt so embarrassed that I couldn't clumsily hide my blush! �" he was a little angry with himself, but still very charming and symptomatic. I have already forgotten what I answered, but it is a fact and true that I mentioned that - at the time - I also liked to flirt with fine art in addition to acting, but lack of self-confidence is in many cases an extremely bad and ominous advisor. Then I told him that I've been writing for quite some time, and it would be so nice to work on book publishing or something similar, and then - who knows what happened - he gently snuggled up to me, since he was only one hundred and sixty-two centimeters tall, and kissed me long and hard. And in just this one expressive kiss, it was as if his entire colorful, adventurous life had been contained in it.
"I've never met such a strange eccentric as you, but you fit in!" - he announced with a mischievous smile on the corner of his mouth, when we broke out of the kiss.
I think Annamari might have been a bit hyperactive, because when we went to introduce her, she insisted on being my beloved, favorite grandmother so that she could help with cooking and baking, and she had a very friendly conversation with her grandmother, who couldn't help but praise that you. I took hold of the god's feet! Later, Annamari admitted, as if she were confessing to me, that she had a very serious relationship when she was still in high school, and her then-boyfriend only used her and had fun with her, then when he dumped her and broke her heart, he also slept with her best friend without saying anything. I would have preferred to reach out in my imagination to teach that wild beast to be a little more morose, who broke the heart of such an angelic, phenomenal girl like that. I deliberately didn't dare to talk about the fact that I was still a beginner and of course I'm damn lame in bed, but luckily Annamarie didn't mind at all. He understood and accepted that a seriously established relationship requires time and patience.
"It's okay honey!" I was not offended! I am sure you are a real man and always a gentleman! - he stated clearly, and I was very impressed by the kind of wisdom with which he was able to illuminate the essence of things almost immediately.
Today, for example - although I didn't feel like it since it was Saturday - I was even willing to go to the theater after the delicious dinner. After dinner, we immediately galloped over to the Víghszínház, where Kafka's Castle was re-enacted, although I didn't really like the apocalyptic-toned sets that resembled prison cages, but when the show started with a slight delay of ten minutes, I was already under its influence after the first half hour. avoided me, and in the meantime I began to think in my mind, what kind of life fate has in store for me?!
"They play amazingly, don't they?" One cannot believe that this is only part of an effective stage play! he answered as he squeezed my hand, which was sweating in the dark, encouragingly. Maybe she even smiled faintly in secret, though I couldn't see it.
I didn't speak for a long time, then there was a huge twenty-minute intermission, where the audience, usually dressed in posh, expensive things, stood up immediately to stretch out their limbs, which were already thought to be insane in an auditorium, and then we waited together for the last act.
Later, when I'm helping with the clothes in the wardrobe, and I'm also a little confused, Annamari suddenly pulls her into a cozy little nook-like corner, which is like a secret place or room, where apparently not a single orphaned soul stays, and immediately pours out her heart one by one:
"Emil!" You influence me and I have never felt someone's inner soul as much as yours! I would like to say that this relationship can go somewhere, even though we are only in the formation phase at the moment, I still feel that you are the one! You are so sincere and real in every gesture, every movement that you are not able to lie or deceive yourself for a single minute, and I think that this is a great, priceless treasure! I didn't rush things! It will happen! �" with that she came closer in her evening dress and lightly sat on my lap, then she rested her tiny head on my shoulders and rested for long minutes so that I could feel her throbbing, fluttering heartbeats.

© 2024 Tasi83


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on January 25, 2024
Last Updated on January 25, 2024
Tags: Contemporary, epic, short prose, prose, short story, literature

Author

Tasi83
Tasi83

Budapest, Budapest, Hungary



About
I was born on November 30, 1983 in Budapest! I studied Hungarian history at ELTE-TFK, BTK; history teacher. I'm editing ebooks! So far, I have published my volumes on Publió and Publishdrive as.. more..

Writing
CONSULTING CONSULTING

A Poem by Tasi83