Holiday, hot chocolate, love story

Holiday, hot chocolate, love story

A Story by Tasi83













The city smelled of Christmas.
It's usually always like this in December. He knows how much snow fell, and even though there was barely ten centimeters, he felt that his black leatherette boots were completely soaked, and only warm winter socks could offer him some effective protection.
Perhaps he was not reconciled to the mood of the holidays. Rather, with the irrefutable fact that the holiday of love, just like most worthwhile holidays, simply became empty, lost its meaning, and could hardly mean anything at all, unless gifts were bought under the Christmas tree, or turkey money or bonuses were given to the corporate, or company Christmas parties. Even the children regularly demanded from their parents, if necessary, in the manner of skillful manipulators, that if Santa or Santa did not bring them the latest X-box or Playstation games, they would henceforth be eternally angry with anyone who did not keep their happiness. sufficiently important and primary.
The man stepped carefully, because the suddenly fallen snow had become slushy, and the impatient motorists were only able to drive in the street winding from Rákóczi út.
"What could have changed so much?" - he tried to clear his head, while he pulled his winter cap into his sweaty, panting hair, pulled up his hood, and practically completely covered his face with his kilometer-long scarf, while deliberately taking small steps so that he wouldn't accidentally fall as much as he did when he was a child.
The battered, dirty marble-colored building of the College could not be missed. It's as if they were wedged between two other houses, as some kind of strange architectural, intermediate solution, so that they could somehow fill out the cityscape, which was already steadily losing its level anyway.
The janitor with glasses, looking like a plant engineer, with piercing serious eyes, was even surprised when the young man stomped into the hall and tried to shake off the unnecessary snow.
- Good morning! Happy Holidays! he chanted, like a good schoolboy.
- For you too! answered the doorman, who was still squinty-eyed.
As fast as he could, he had to make it to the third floor at lightning speed, where their very first class began. For the sake of variety, it's another language history seminar, where the man almost failed, although if we take into account that his teacher was not exactly a humane person and a model of good will, then we can't really be surprised at this.
He quickly tried to take off his winter coat so that his clothes wouldn't get even hotter, then he carefully began to carefully unpack the chocolates from his gray briefcase, one for everyone on the table, because after all it's Christmas, and if they anticipate the festive mood, it's more than likely that most people can also be immediately friendlier. Barely five minutes had passed when a kind, grandmotherly teacher entered the classroom and watched, almost amazed, curiously, what her student could do.
"Hello, dear Robert!" What are you limping on? he asked with interest. There wasn't a student who didn't like the teacher, because goodness, harmony and human tact emanated from her.
"I kiss your hand, teacher!" I just prepared with a little nothingness, if I may! Will you accept a candy bar? - he already handed the candy wrapped in decorative paper to the surprised teacher, which she took and kissed her surprised student on the cheek.
"Well, that's really... a very considerate and kind gesture..." he answered a little moved.
After barely fifteen minutes, the other students of the Hungarian major also started to move nicely in line, and everyone seemed quite surprised that they were greeted with parlor sugar. Several of them would have headed straight for the faculty room to find out who the mysterious benefactor was, who had given them the kind attention, but the keen-eyed teacher had already secretly whispered that Róbert's the only merit.
"But why...?!" they asked confused.
"It's nothing!" he waved. "After all, it's Christmas, isn't it?"
The majority agreed that perhaps they had over-misunderstood the behavior of this strange man, that you. they hardly wanted to make friends with him, at least in the early days.
"Kids, I'm sorry to interrupt the festive mood and all, but have any of you been trained in grammar?" Only because this topic will definitely make us all fart, if you only guess how good our mood is! - a lady began to say, and it was quite evident that she was serious and had no intention of taking the matter as a joke.
He wasn't so wrong, because as soon as he said his words, knocking, hasty steps were to be expected, which signaled the arrival of the unfriendly and suitably terrified teacher. Even the lovely grandmother-aged teacher must have been a little frightened, because she wished everyone happy holidays and went about her business.
The teacher wore round glasses, which really strained his cynical, piercing eyes, as if to say It would seem that only he alone has the right to command, and no one else, but at the same time he felt in the apparently frozen, icy mood that heads would most likely fall here. Of course, the teacher immediately noticed the innocent little piece of candy, and as if he had already formulated an ultimatum, and viciously put it in the trash can, as if such a childish gesture no longer had any significance.
- Good afternoon! Today we start with a closed paper! - he chanted to the congo hall, which had become silent in the meantime. �" Your grade for the next semester depends on this paper. I hope everyone is ready? - he asked the question, only to himself, as if he wanted to score good points.
He quickly went to the end of the benches and asked the students to distribute the official worksheets of the closed-room papers among themselves, and whoever received the given worksheet could start working, after the time was just under forty minutes, or even less.
�" I would ask the dear students not to rush, because their work for the whole semester is automatically insufficient. - he asked with piercing, suspicious brown eyes, and you could feel in his voice that if he wanted to, he could knock anyone down in seconds without hesitation.
The man who had just packed the sweets and arranged them with very, very great love was practically frozen to death, like a convict who knows very well that he will be executed. "What should you do now? Because it's the holy grail that he won't score more than sixty-one points again, and of course every sixty points is more than enough.
For the time being, he tried to focus and concentrate and allocate his remaining time, because as soon as the minutes reached thirty-nine, the cynical teacher began to walk between the rows of benches in a thoughtful manner and was already collecting the papers. Some of them actually already had a devilish grimace in the corner of their mouth, as if they had already enjoyed the fact that the person who wrote the thesis could already expect the hangman's rope, and of course, during the current exam period in January, it was quite certain that he would not pass!
"They can work for a total of fifteen more minutes!" �" his suspicious, piercing eyes suddenly stop above him; you can really feel the breath of this unbearable man on yourself. The teacher grimaces as he begins scribbling the answers to the questions on the official form, as if he just wants to flirt with them. Then, when he feels that he can't handle his own disgusting, palm-crawling manner, he immediately grabs the paper from the man's writer's fingers, so that the humiliated, battered unfortunate will not even by chance be able to give the answer to at least one price-fixing question.
"Everyone put down their writing instruments!" he orders seriously. To this, the group of fifteen people sitting in the room simultaneously put down their pens, which are lightly tapping on the table, which already contains the lingering wind of failure, because those who do not pass here are unfortunately forced to carry their failed exams with them until the graduation ceremony, or even further...
- So? How did you go honey! - calls out to his group mate, whom he hummed to his ears, but apart from poems, nothing else happened between them, even though the pretty lady seemed to like him very much.
"I don't think it will work!" - he states with bitter disappointment. "I'm just not that lucky!" he states sadly.
"Oh, come on!" Don't be so pesso! - the girlfriend smiles charmingly. "Do you know what you need now?" A large portion of hot chocolate! I also know a place where they make it divine. If you want, I'll be happy to take you!
The man is still trying to assess the possible risks. If he fails now, he can't go to syntagma or sentence theory, but that's nothing new, after how they treat him in terms of words.
"I'd love to hang out with you dear!" - he says in a low, whispering voice directly into the lady's ear, which she gently smooths her shoulder-length hair back so that she can hear the man's words better.
- This is great! I am so happy! �" she gives a light kiss to the man's freshly shaved face, and when their faces lightly touch, it's as if their hearts also start to beat like crazy, which can be quite difficult and difficult to keep secret.
The class ended quickly. Everyone is packing at an accelerated pace, after all, it would be nice to get home from college for the holidays. And while the lady's friends say goodbye to everyone, the lady also tries to wish everyone a happy holiday.
"Then take care of yourselves, girls, and only in moderation with the Jegermaisters!" - he notes with a chuckle, because he was once also successfully tasted the eighty-five percent walnut brandy, and in his cat-like state the next day, he was by no means so friendly and kind, but rather dead tired and grumpy.
The man is also packing. It was as if in that moment he had become enlightened and understood the complex connections of the world; we are not in control of our own lives, but rather an unknown force, which one we call t fate. He casually tucks his gray briefcase under his arm, then is a little surprised when he puts his arm around the pretty lady in her winter coat, snuggles up close to her, and they step out into the still snow-covered street.
"I think the salon sugaring was a very nice gesture..." the lady comments as a compliment. Actually, her plan is to try to distract him from his sad thoughts.
"You know, originally my mother was the intellectual author, I just followed her instructions..." her voice is so self-explanatory again, as if she had to wriggle through a web of excuses forever in order to stay on her feet and survive the trials of everyday life.
"Then God bless the mothers!" Tell him he has an awesome son! - she pees gently and kisses the man's nose and then his mouth. "Hmm!" You have delicious taste!
They turn the corner, where there is a small cafeteria like a buffet, and the lady immediately enters through the jingling door, followed by the man. The lady immediately dismisses one of the dreadlocked, hippie-looking nomadic guys and asks for two extra frothy hot chocolates, which the other guy already prepares. It's barely seven minutes. The hippie guy announces the amount to be paid a little bored, and when he has taken the paper money, he hands him the drink offered in two raised paper cups.
"Thank you!" - the lady answers, and is already returning to the man, who - for who knows what reason - has now successfully spotted the farthest, darkest, intimate nook of the small cafe and is crouching there, like some grown-up ghost or gloomy shadow.
"It's just that I finally found you!" Here you command! - he hands over the pleasantly warm drink, and when their fingers touch again, a pleasant tingle runs through their hearts. "Listen, we don't have to kill so far away, but if you want it that much, I'm not against it!" �" as if the lady had secretly understood that the man never likes to mingle, so as not to endanger his supposedly unstable, personal inner self. They sit down at the back tables, which are cool in the dark.
"Isn't it nice here?" - the lady asks, just to break the silence and make her feel a little better.
- Please do not be mad. the man apologizes. "I'm not good company today." But I'm so glad to be with you. - he declares, and this still represents some progress in their two-year acquaintance.
- Pay attention! Whether the tongue-breaking doga succeeds, or I'm not by your side, because you're important to me... - she replies, then extends her very thin, cold hand and lets the man's breath warm her pleasantly. They sit here for half an hour, and when they have comfortably drunk their hot chocolate, they leave together in the direction of Rákóczi út, trusting in the unspoken; they will stay together!

© 2024 Tasi83


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on February 18, 2024
Last Updated on February 18, 2024
Tags: Contemporary, epic, short prose, prose, short story, literature

Author

Tasi83
Tasi83

Budapest, Budapest, Hungary



About
I was born on November 30, 1983 in Budapest! I studied Hungarian history at ELTE-TFK, BTK; history teacher. I'm editing ebooks! So far, I have published my volumes on Publió and Publishdrive as.. more..

Writing
CONSULTING CONSULTING

A Poem by Tasi83