SUDDEN PREDICTION

SUDDEN PREDICTION

A Story by Tasi83

















Dr. Kálmán Koppány was absolutely convinced that by the time he reaches the age of fifty, he will not only have a beautiful wife and at least two children, but he will also be able to realize his long-cherished dream and be self-employed.
A few days ago, he felt intense, almost numbing pain, first only in the area of his chest, then more and more gradually, until finally his entire right upper arm became completely numb. In addition, his heart began to beat violently, and he was sweating like a scumbag.
It was just literature class, and he was supposed to be preparing his own eighteen-year-old students for graduation, when the chalk suddenly made a screeching sound, and then the squealing army of students raised their heads at the same time, when teacher Kálmán suddenly fell down with a small sharp turn on the unsightly green linoleum floor.
"Guys, is this serious?" Stop smoking! - shouted someone from the back rows, as volunteer opinion-formers used to shout from the back rows without exception.
"Someone call the f*****g ambulance!" - a wild girl, dressed in all black leather and with telepiercings, knelt down next to him. he snatched the smartphone out of the hand of one of the blonde supermodel-looking girls, which he really shouldn't have brought into the class, or if he did, it should have been muted.
"Hello!" I'm calling from Kölcsey high school! I need an ambulance right away because my teacher has had a heart attack! - said the hunter, but the girl, who had recovered, told the ambulance dispatcher, who tried to calm her down on the speakerphone, and then told her in a measured, matter-of-fact tone that she would send a car immediately, but because of the traffic it would still take more than half an hour, if you know, then start the artificial respiration and vital heart massage.
"To hell with it!" Why can't you understand that a person is dying! F**k you! �" the wild girl would have preferred to smash the fat good device to the ground, then probably switched it on and threw it back to the blond cyclone, who could not imagine his life without the use of social media.
The wild piercing girl started the heart massage. He began to gently rub with his two palms, then compress the chest every five minutes to restart the pumping heart. Then he tried to feel the pulse on the teacher's plump wrist. Nowhere, nothing.
"Someone could tell the office or the director, children!" - he gave the instruction, and another girl immediately started to drag her up to the top floor, where the faculty rooms were.
One or two fellow teachers already ran into the classroom and tried to help, while most of the students were asked to stand back so that the teacher could get some oxygen.
"You'll be fine, kids!" - they tried to calm each student with more or less success, then one of the younger colleagues took off his jacket and put it under the forty-five-year-old teacher's head so that the blood could continue to flow.
The paramedics were still a good thirty minutes late, let's say through no fault of their own, because there was a lot of traffic, and two paramedics took over the CPR from the girl with the piercing, and one of the paramedics put an oxyxene mask over the teacher's face, and then when it seemed that they somewhat stabilized his condition and drove away from the gymnasium building sobbing.
At the hospital, he was immediately pushed into the operating room, and all he remembered was alien-like figures in grass-green clothes leaning towards him, before a doctor asked him to count to ten. By the time he reached nine, he was already pulling the horsehide like in his sweetest dream. Even so, the operation took six hours, and the operating room assistants only dared to wake him up late at night.
The head doctor ordered a strict cholesterol-free diet and no carbohydrates, while he had to strictly avoid sweets, even though his girlfriend was divinely able to make honey sorbet, a great favorite of her childhood.
"Well, dear teacher!" This is indeed a coronary artery blockage, but if you follow the instructions you can live to be a hundred years old! the chief doctor told him confidently.
The hospital was later visited by his high school graduation students, who were apparently very affected by the unexpected turn of events that happened to their beloved and favorite teacher in such a surprising way, and especially the girl with the wild piercing was very upset, and she even managed to shed a large tear in one of her palms, as if she was very worried about losing a talented person.
"We really liked scaring you, dear teacher!" Don't let it happen again! he warned with good intentions. They threw the money among themselves and also bought a nice gift package so that the teacher could cheer up a little bit.
However, they were only willing to release him from the hospital after long persuasion and declare him cured. A heart attack is not something to joke about anyway. It was mainly told to him by people who had never met him in their life before, or who avoided him by a large margin.
At home, Kálmán immediately noticed that there was definitely a lot things are not right in the world, and persistent near-death visionary, feverish experiences began to hit him in the head, when should he make a will? how much can the lawyer's fee cost? Or what will happen to his literary manuscripts if he is not there?! Where did the course of things and connections deteriorate and choke?! he mused to himself.
Smaller or larger cracks appeared in his relationship as well. His girlfriend could often be just as obstinate a moody person as he was on a bad weekday, and when they dared to talk to her, she would really lock herself in her study, from where she only ventured out with demonstrative resistance in the early evening, when her dinner had already cooled down a long time ago, and had to be reheated in the microwave.
"Honey!" I understand that you are stubborn and often feel that you are better off alone, but I love you and accept you as you are! - was the answer of the pretty girlfriend, even when one fine day one of the company's sub-directors started to fly around her, wearing an attractive gold watch worth a lot on his hand and driving around in a luxury SUV as if they were giving out free gas. However, the girlfriend very consistently rejected all attempts to approach her, because she was in love with the cynical, disillusioned, and in the meantime somewhat bitter teacher, who really wanted to finally make up her mind and change her good and bad things a little. It was lucky that his girlfriend had quite a few reliable very old girlfriends, among whom there were again plenty of psychologists and coaching professionals as well as entrepreneurs, so she quickly made an appointment with one of her girlfriends, who was a news editor at the local TV channel at the time, and now he ran a small coaching office at a surprisingly profitable rate, wondering how he could get his beloved, eccentric partner in a little better shape again and finally get the persistent thought of passing away from his mind.
- Well, my dear friend, unfortunately, this will not be easy at all, since your partner has suffered a serious heart attack, and at this point, the person's whole attitude towards himself and the things of the world practically changes! - said the girlfriend.
"Yes!" I am also very well aware of this, all I would like to ask of you is that we try the impossible! Will it be okay?!
"But I'm only doing this to you because you're my best and oldest friend!"
- Luckily!
With that, the teacher's girlfriend immediately fixed a fixed time with an office address in the city center, where the teacher went - not at all willingly - and even with a homely grumpiness, but only because his girlfriend asked him to do so in such a charming, girlish way.
"Honey!" Honey! I know this won't be pleasant, but for my own sake! If you do it for me, you can ask me anything! If necessary, I will learn the names of all the Nobel Prize-winning poets and writers whom literature has only heard of.
"Well, I don't mind..." the man waved his severely balding head, then his girlfriend took him by car to the given address, where he introduced her girlfriend's partner.
Later, Kálmán, as if he had just seen a psychologist, recounted in detail the everyday, almost trivial things that had really settled on his mind since his hospitalization and would not let him rest, and then he came to the conclusion that it would be good if he could leave his manuscripts with someone who, in the event of his death, could make sure that they end up in the right place and not in the trash.
"Excuse me, but can't we do something?" I'm only asking because you're my best friend's partner, and we've known each other for, so to speak, a thousand years, and dating makes further exchange of ideas so very strict and formal! - asked the pretty lady very kindly, and the teacher went in with a bit of grit, but even so, it often happened that while the lady was treating him, he was more suspicious and, so to speak, kept aloof. Even so, more than fifty minutes were needed for a kind of intimate and friendly conversation to develop between the two cultured and intelligent people. It didn't take the young lady long to realize that her oldest friend fell in love with this strange teacher precisely for his broad intelligence and refined, romantic gentlemanliness.
By the time the conversation was over, Kálmán felt a little better, and he could believe that he had gained a sincere friend and confidant companion. However, it was not possible to agree on certain main points, such as the care and management of legacies and the start of a viable, therefore profit-oriented business.
"Thank you very much for getting to know me!" �" the pretty lady shook hands with him confidentially, somewhat intimately, and he had to take care not to get caught flirting.
"Thank you for listening to me..." replied the strange teacher, and then sank back a little into the same sad sullenness as he had come here.
Back home, his curious and very excited girlfriend was waiting for him in front of the front door:
"Well, sis." heart?! How did it go? Was Ági kind and helpful to you? - he inquired, wringing his fine, long hands in his minor nervousness.
"Well… I'd rather say it's mixed!" I think this is going to be a repeated bag cat game, which doesn't look good in my opinion! he remarked thoughtfully.
"Oh dear!" No way! I've known my best friend for a thousand years! Reliable! Just don't cheat on me, or I'll end up in trouble! - the pretty lady firmly stood on her heels.
"Well... I don't even know..." the teacher hesitated for a moment.
"The most important thing is that you need to rest now, after all, you just came out of the hospital and…"
"Thank you, that's very nice, but I'm afraid that my life will pass without having done anything important to me on this wretched earth!" - he began to complain, and his wife knew very well that these statements would soon be followed by persistent self-pity, hopelessness and susceptibility to depression, so she decided to distract her partner and perhaps manage to cheer up her inner restless self a little better. his soul.
"Just imagine, my love!" I had a fantastic idea! A friend of mine has a small holiday home in Madeira and invited us over, so I thought I'd take two weeks off and have a little romance with you! Of course, only if it suits you! - he looked at her mischievously seductively, which was an invitation to the teacher that his partner expected him to take care of his health and finally try to relax a little.
"Maybe… yes… maybe you're right…" he chewed the words out loud. �" maybe it's better if I take a few days off from work, because I feel like I have a lot to think about! - he agreed to the matter in his flowery language.
"You see, you fool!" You'll see my life, we'll feel fantastic, and you'll see again that everything has its own meaning, but you should never be impatient! - said the woman.
They had carefully packed their large black, modern rolling suitcase that week, and the teacher had definitely not lied to himself even then, and had brought plenty of pens and notepads with him, after his laptop - he was afraid it would be stolen at the airport or technical damage would occur mainly due to the salty, Mediterranean ocean air.
- Look? What did I buy myself?! �" she showed an attractive, barely covering bathing suit, which already looked exotic on her, as the teacher imagined in her mind's eye.
Since they had to be out at the airport two full hours before departure, they went arm in arm to the bookstore and bought a book or two that caught their attention. The wife even asked the stewardess for plastic earplugs so that she wouldn't be disturbed by the unpleasant popping in her ears.
They held hands as the plane unexpectedly accelerated down the runway at supersonic speeds. They looked at each other, as if they were looking for something important about the other acquaintance, and when the plane rose above the fluffy cotton candy-like clouds, they kissed each other tenderly, longingly, trusting that nothing serious could happen to them while they were together!

© 2024 Tasi83


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on March 4, 2024
Last Updated on March 4, 2024
Tags: Contemporary, epic, short prose, prose, short story, literature

Author

Tasi83
Tasi83

Budapest, Budapest, Hungary



About
I was born on November 30, 1983 in Budapest! I studied Hungarian history at ELTE-TFK, BTK; history teacher. I'm editing ebooks! So far, I have published my volumes on Publió and Publishdrive as.. more..

Writing
CONSULTING CONSULTING

A Poem by Tasi83