THE LESSON

THE LESSON

A Story by Tasi83














  
The classroom mostly resembled a buzzing anthill or a beehive, where each tiny bug had its own clever and tricky, or in our case, sneaky and evil task.
Melinda - although she has always hated the atmosphere of broken hours - because who the hell cares about a big pile, a pile of dead pals, who have always been involved in some mischief for centuries, now she was playing her favorite, sadistic and evil little game; he took his geometric compass and began to systematically poke the stout back of Máté, who was diligently watching and writing down almost everything with the diligence of an ant.
"Ouch!" That hurts like hell! Just stop!
"What's up little boy?" Is the candlestick broken? �" with the needle-pointed end of the ruler, he regularly poked the boy's back so hard that he hissed and almost cried.
The whole incident was hardly noticed by the young and still inexperienced beginner teacher, only by one or two students who saw and observed everything exactly. There were those who were left cold by the whole thing, while others protested with tacit stoic silence against the fact that the poor, always somewhat unlucky fifth- and eighth-grader Máté Bogár was treated in such a villainous way. Moreover, every day.
Being overweight, Máté could almost never be a balanced teenager, and the number of classmates he could call friends was extremely small. Of course, he tried to do everything from benevolent servitude to palatial cellar-like shenanigans, so that he could finally be accepted by the class community and treated like the others. However, there was very little chance for this - especially from the age of fifth - when in their class came those rowdy gang leaders whom even the devil would have preferred to cry and beg out of the gates of hell.
- So? Would you like another bite, you little puss?! - asked Melinda, whose anti-social, sociopathic, sadistic tendencies were taking over her common sense more and more, and she saw only one enemy to defeat, namely Máté, who is different from almost everyone else.
- Pretty please! Damn take me! Stop it, because otherwise... I'll tell the teacher... - Máté felt that his flesh was being fried in hot oil, it started to burn more and more, ache and hurt. He must have bled profusely from the multiple needle pricks, and if the one-man revenge campaign against him continues like this, it is more than likely that he will be referred straight to the doctor's office for the usual tetanus injection to prevent his wounds from getting infected.
"I'll have fun with you, you soft little prick, as long as it pleases me!" And if you dare to show me off to anyone, see me on the way home, maybe you'll catch something, and you'll be mad again! - threatened the girl, who always enjoyed torturing others. It's as if the evil was in his blood, which is often like the tentacles of a carnivorous plant, and you really can't get rid of it.
The young teacher continued to make connections related to the Second World War with the help of a huge map, on which, of course, all the most important conflicts were listed in chronological order. To create even more excitement and enthusiasm, he took out a video tape and asked one of his less exhibitionist students, blessed with an itch to stand out, to insert the tape into the VCR and turn on the TV next to it!
�" As you will see very well, the horrors of the war affected almost everyone and became additional sources of real spiritual catharsis! - he began endless explanations, which didn't interest the dog either.
"Teacher?" Can I ask you a question? Árpi Kömény, one of the low-style women's fraternity, spoke up, who was beyond her age, because she always hallucinated about sex-related fantasies.
"Here you go, Árpi!" What do you think, are we listening? - the teacher turned to him with a curious, interested look.
�" What does the teacher like to wear in the summer? - the child could hardly say the sentence without stopping to giggle.
"Well... Árpi!" This doesn't exactly belong in the organic curriculum... - he blushed perfectly, as if I had already caught him in the act - but let's put it this way, I like comfortable pieces. Any other questions related to the war? - now he addressed his question to the whole class. Silence was the answer.
- I understand! If there are no other questions, watch this documentary film about the war very carefully, because you will be writing an essay tomorrow!
The moment that the word "thesis" left the teacher's lips, the whole class was once again dominated by a sky-shaking squeal.
"Hey, hey!" Everyone behave properly! I don't want to hear a single piss from you!
"...But she's a teacher!" I can't prepare for tomorrow because I'm going to a party! - protested against the writing of the thesis by a girl with a well-painted body, who night life was everything to him, and he could not stand education or culture.
"Well, my Zsuzsika!" I'm so sorry! Then you'll be forced to postpone the party for a good few months until you graduate from eighth grade!
There was still whispering resistance in the class due to the upcoming dissertation. Everyone was busy with something else. Some of them were talking or giggling about something funny, while - mainly the girls - they were discussing the current fashion and the extravagant celebrities they wanted to look like, and for this, of course, they immediately used all the beauty and cosmetic tools.
Máté continued to muster all his mental strength to somehow eliminate the excruciating pain from his back, which the sharp, almost spear-like needle of the compass could only cause.
"My son Máté!" Where is your mind?! - asked the teacher openly, who after a while already considered any further disciplinary procedures to be unnecessary in order to preserve her authority, which was on shaky legs.
"Teacher, please... I'm feeling a little sick right now..." he replied in a mournful, dying voice. It was as if the pain had already really penetrated his vulnerable, easily broken soul, where it caused more and more catastrophic destruction; as if it were saying: "You can't trust anyone, because everyone is evil and everyone just wants to teach you a lesson!"
"He must have eaten the whole snack basket!" This hairball has so much guts! - answered a few rowdy elements, mainly in the back part of the room.
"Shut up when I tell you, otherwise everyone can go to their directors!" - threatened them the teacher, who was sometimes observant. He thought that if disciplining - in many cases - was not very effective, he should at least have some threatening, dangerous, coercive tool in his hands, which might make his unruly students become sheepish and come to their senses.
"My dear Mátéka, the class will end soon!" Until then, please hold on for a little while longer! �" with that he went back to the blackboard, and he also started to pass the time by staring at the movie about the given world war.
But Máté's glass has been full for a long time now! He no longer cared who saw him and who didn't; he duly tore himself out of his cramped and small, unsightly, pale green pinged desk and, accompanied by his school bag and his packed books, he already aimed for the Principal's office, located just a few meters from the classroom, where his desperate problem could certainly be remedied.
Máté stumbled a few steps to the office door. He knocked politely three times, then carefully opened the door, but only entered when someone called him.
"Yes?" Free! said a familiar, official voice.
"I'm sorry, teacher... but Melinda started poking my back with a circular saw... I think it's bleeding too..." she replied, ashamed and embarrassed, as if the fight was solely her fault.
The Director gave the impression of a young woman in her thirties with glasses, blond hair, a short haircut and a pleasant smile, who, being an approachable person, helped everyone with selfless cordiality and genuine kindness.
Now his eyes widened and he seemed blind from anger:
"Aunt Ildi didn't do anything?"
"He... was watching a World War movie and asked me to stay in my seat until the end of class."
"So it's Melinda again?" I'm going to tell the class teacher right now, and we'll figure something out together!
"Ouch!" exclaimed the suddenly terrified teenager. "Don't do that!" It would be a big mistake if they found out I was the one who spat on them!
"My son Máté!" I know you don't want to, because you're afraid they'll hurt you again, but you can't let this go on indefinitely! You understand? I will help you to improve your situation as soon as possible! �" with that, he picked up the landline and called Máté's class teacher. "If you don't think you have to go back to class, you can even wait here in the corridor."
"Yes!" Thank you very much... - he answered, and then he stumbled again, begging himself not to get blood poisoning or a serious infection, because then a whole series of even bigger problems might await him. He sat down on one of the benches in the corridor and took his school bag next to him.
The headmaster was a disgruntled witch who was about to retire, and she wore her raven-black, Cleopatra hair slicked back and parted on both sides, just like vampires or monsters. He walked briskly into the director's office. After more than thirty minutes, the door of the office opened and she stormed out with a text written in red crayon on a small notebook paper, which - as it turned out later - included practical and technical instructions for the history teacher.
On the same day, Máténak told his parents that the headmistress wanted to talk to them, but only individually. The hard-working, caring parents came together and - mainly at the suggestion of Máté's mother - jointly decided that it was in the interest of Máté's physical and mental health the vulnerable, very sensitive student is placed in private student status.
Later, Máté only went to school when he had to report his homework from time to time, or when he was given new study materials to solve, which he then had to complete at home. That's when he saw the gang leaders hanging out with Melinda's girlfriends, and he actually already spurred to the school toilet first, and then, when the villains had already left, he ran unabated to his home!

© 2024 Tasi83


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on March 12, 2024
Last Updated on March 12, 2024
Tags: Contemporary, epic, short prose, prose, short story, literature

Author

Tasi83
Tasi83

Budapest, Budapest, Hungary



About
I was born on November 30, 1983 in Budapest! I studied Hungarian history at ELTE-TFK, BTK; history teacher. I'm editing ebooks! So far, I have published my volumes on Publió and Publishdrive as.. more..

Writing
CONSULTING CONSULTING

A Poem by Tasi83