Adventurers, people, superheroes

Adventurers, people, superheroes

A Story by Tasi83








  He tried so hard to carefully tiptoe into his grandmother's small room, almost the size of a mouse hole, that he could almost feel the excitement, increased stress and adrenaline pulsing in his blood. At this moment, he felt like he was carrying out a fantastic, top-secret mission, a downright historic act, in order to free himself in the name of childish desire and joy.
Grandma's room was an extremely tiny place. Almost - without exception - one was always amazed at how the mother was able to bring the huge, human-height, seven-seater sofa into such a rabbit's-sized room with the furniture transporters? It was almost unimaginable and at the same time considered a feat.
Just be quiet! Just carefully! - he tried to encourage himself, because if he failed, he couldn't really know yet what kind of cover story, little eavesdropping lie he would have to invent in order for the adults, and especially his parents, to believe that he actually didn't want anything bad, he just wanted a superhero outfit to make for yourself from mom's leftover, unnecessary old clothes.
He softly opened the slightly creaking, also huge, ancient, dark brown wardrobe, in which one found real hidden treasures. Sometimes he found a snow hook, a big top hat, and other times a real hard hat and a walking stick, but now the most important thing seemed to him to be the old, dirty, dark brown blackout curtain, which was no longer used after Grandma finally had new blinds made a few months ago. Now he is trying to fish them out from the bottom of the cupboard. And he was really bursting with jubilant joy when he came across these materials.
Yes, but how and how can a superhero outfit be made? I wonder how Batman, or Iron Man, or any other favorite hero sewed and transformed his own outfit so that it could truly be worthy of a real hero who is a protector and a helper in one person?! he pondered strongly to himself.
In the end - after he at least had a better idea - for the time being, he sneaked out unnoticed into the big kitchen outside, where they usually cooked and baked for the family, and which proved to be a kind of meeting place in his life so far. Maybe if he managed to get his grandmother to secretly sew him a dress.
He sneaked into the kitchen, where his father was talking a lot in his prime, keeping almost everyone at bay. Of course, the only downside to this was that his father's word always had to be true, otherwise the era of eternal anger would follow.
"And you?" Where did you walk? Why don't you finally come eat?! he asked curiously.
The little boy ignored his father's question and went to his grandmother without saying a word, who was now stirring the mouth-watering potato dough on the flame of the old-fashioned gas stove with caring love, and turned to his little grandson with interest:
"What do you want my little boy?"
"Can you keep a secret mom?" asked the little boy longingly.
"What kind of stupid questions do you have, my dear son?" - the mother shook her head, but she became more and more curious as to what her grandson might really want.
"Come to the room!" he asked, then immediately started towards the inner rooms.
The mother looked after her for a while, then she looked at her adult daughter, who nodded a couple of times, which meant that she was sure, which was definitely better if she checked what her granddaughter might want from her.
When he entered the cool rooms and saw his grandson stumbling in front of the wardrobe in his room, he suddenly became very curious:
"What do you want my little boy?" he asked again. Then she saw her grandson clutching the dirty blackout curtains and certain things in his little chubby hands. "What do you want with these dirty things my golden child?"
"I want to be a superhero!" Would you make a dress? - he asked so sincerely, as if he had asked for the most expensive Christmas or birthday wish, and now only his grandmother had the additional key to the decision.
- Well... I don't think so... - since she couldn't know exactly what her granddaughter might be thinking, she embroidered and peeled for a while, and then after just five minutes she had a cool idea. "Wait a minute!" We're going to ask your mother what to do! - she caught herself with that and started running on her tiny legs to the outside kitchen, where her adult daughter was eating the Italian-style tomato soup.
"What is mom?" What happened? asked his son-in-law first.
"My sweet girl!" The young man wants to ask something and I thought you could ask him!
"Of course!" I'm going now! - said the young mother. She got up from the table to the slight annoyance of her husband, who was already very hungry, and now he was apparently a bit pissed off at having to interrupt an important family meal.
The young mother also entered the room, where she saw her little son running around, visibly excited.
"Well, what?" what's wrong Adam? he asked kindly bending down.
"She would like me to make her a superhero outfit!" - answered the grandmother.
- HE! Well... I guess you don't mind, but let's have a delicious lunch together before it gets cold. - he caressed his little son's pants, then they went back to the kitchen together holding hands to finish the meal.
When, after half an hour, they all had a hearty lunch and the father went downstairs to rest in one of the cool rooms inside, the mother, the grandmother and the little boy discussed how they could make a superhero outfit for the little boy with the help of the dirty blackout curtain and some worn-out clothes . Fortunately, the grandmother had an extensive circle of acquaintances in the whole neighborhood and her name was very well known, so it is not surprising that she already called the lovely grandmother-aged aunt who lived just a few street corners away, who was very good with a sewing machine and knew how to do almost anything.
- Hello Julika! It would be a small task, if you don't mind! - said the grandmother into the receiver.
"Hello Marika!" Of course! I'm happy to help with anything!
"My grandson wants a superhero costume or something!" he answered uncertainly.
- No problem! We will solve it! Should I go to you or you come to me? came another question.
"Well, if it can be solved, we would go to you!" I guess you want to size it up?
"Yes!" It is absolutely necessary! Come, it's still good today!
"Thank you Julika dear!" Then we'll be there soon! �" with that he hung up and turned to his grandson:
"Well then, my dear!" Now we get dressed and go over to a nice old lady who will help sew your costume. �" with that, he grabbed the first advertising bag he could get his hands on, stuffed the dirty blackout curtains and some used clothes into it, to see if his girlfriend could still use it, then, holding the little boy by the hand, they started for the same family house on the other street corner, even the mother accompanied them.
They soon reached the well-kept garden house only three streets away, where a big wolf guarded the gate and already barked loudly to indicate that visitors had come. A few minutes later, the old woman shuffled out to the porch with her slippers to get a closer look at the visitors, but when she finally saw that it was one of her best friends, she immediately felt better.
- hello! Come on in! - he invited them, then sent the dog back so as not to frighten the little boy, who was afraid of most animals.
They entered the living room, which was perhaps the most spacious and most comfortable part of the house. Everywhere there were only cut pieces of the clothes with eyes, in the best quality. It was seen that the old woman - more than likely - can do cutting and sewing very well and her work is in demand, because she works very nicely and meticulously.
"Then he would be the young man who wants to be a superhero?" - the old lady carefully measured Ádámka, then immediately took a measuring tape in her hand and began to measure carefully. When he had that, he started asking the little boy what kind of costume he had in mind. Should it cover your entire face? should he have a mantle, as is customary for a ruler, and the like. The little boy only answered that there should be a cape in it that blows in the wind, and that there should be a mask on his head so that he would not be recognized, and that there should be something scary about him, after all, criminals are also afraid of Batman.
"What a smart grandson you have, my dear friend!" - the old aunt threw to the grandmother, as soon as she started the modern sewing machine, and within minutes the blackout curtains were transformed into a robe-like, rustling cloak.
"That's right!" I already have the cloak! Now the other parts of the costume will take more work, but don't worry, everything will turn out great and you'll be a fantastic superhero! - the old woman tries to calm their spirits.
"Thank you very much, Julika!" How much do we owe? asked the grandmother.
"We'll get to that soon!" Anyway, I'd be happy to do it, even for free! For a child, the most important things are fairy tales and his imagination! Not true?! he asked the little boy, who nodded his head as a sign of approval.
They came from the old lady, who needed at least three weeks to properly and almost meticulously make the superhero costume for the little boy, and after the little boy had not yet chosen any logo or symbol, she sewed some red lightning bolts on the chest of the costume and the cape he sewed it to the costume. For the mask, she still needed the head size of the little boy, which was measured by the grandmother and then told in detail over the phone.
When they went back to the old seamstress' garden house after almost a month, and she showed the finished, complete costume, the little boy could only stare and marvel at how detailed it was, and how fantastic it all was. He can finally be a superhero who can help people and protect humanity and maybe even gain some confidence and courage then when you put on the super costume.
"The costume would be ready!" said the seamstress. "I'm about to pull out the partition wall and help you get dressed." �" He went back with it and looked for the accordion-like partition walls, which he then pulled out, so that a closed space could already be created, where no one could spy.
"Adamka?" What to say?
- Thank you very much!
"Well then!" You can go and get dressed!
The little boy went back behind the Spanish wall with the nice old aunt, who helped him put the complete costume on his chubby body, including the mask with the hood and the cape, and when they were all ready, they did one last touch in the mirror.
"That's a fantastic costume!" What a superhero you became in minutes! - he congratulated the little boy, who was touched at the moment, but very proud.
"Have you chosen a hero name for yourself yet?" he asked after a while.
- Not yet! he announced. He always forgot this one.
- No problem! Sooner or later it will happen! Now the most important thing is to move around a lot in the costume so that the fabric can take up the lines of your body. - he pulled the partition wall and the grandmother was quite shocked by the sight.
- Wow! You did a great job dear Julika! he congratulated his old girlfriend.
- Not at all! I was happy to do it! I think it turned out fantastic! - he acknowledged his work with satisfaction.
"Then dear Julika!" How much do I pay? - asked the grandmother urgently, who had never been in debt to anyone in her life.
"Oh come on!" The most important thing is that Ádámka is now very happy and satisfied, and that's worth every penny to me!
The grandmother and her grandson thanked her for the help, but before leaving, the grandmother carefully placed a small sum of money on the table in the hall, after all, things cost money.
When they got home, the little boy still had the superhero mark on him, and he looked as happy and apparently content as he had never seen before in his life. Even his hair-splitting father remarked that he exceeded all expectations.
Later, when Ádám was already in his teenage years, he often took out the dress he cherished as a feared treasure and refused to part with it for any money. Maybe your child will wear it proudly, like he once did.






© 2024 Tasi83


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on March 26, 2024
Last Updated on March 26, 2024
Tags: Contemporary, epic, short prose, prose, short story, literature

Author

Tasi83
Tasi83

Budapest, Budapest, Hungary



About
I was born on November 30, 1983 in Budapest! I studied Hungarian history at ELTE-TFK, BTK; history teacher. I'm editing ebooks! So far, I have published my volumes on Publió and Publishdrive as.. more..

Writing
SURE SURE

A Poem by Tasi83


SEESAW-DANCE SEESAW-DANCE

A Poem by Tasi83