Along Came a Spider

Along Came a Spider

A Story by Taskuhecate
"

Something I had lying around...

"

Elijah had pointed out the spider arbitrarily.  Silas had noticed it long before the younger man had and his eyes were focused, not on the spider itself, but the small moth struggling in the corner of the web.  It was an insignificant creature in the scheme of things but he could feel the beginnings of worry knotting in his stomach.  Cold prickled at the back of his neck - he did his best to ignore it.

The spider had set up the web high on the overhang of the veranda.  No rescue.  A soft breeze shook the web and the spider moved, careful - quick and efficient.  Silas’s eyes were fixed now.  Besides him, Elijah had lost interest.  It took all of Silas’s will not to flinch when the attack finally came.  A flurry of movement, of wings and legs and fangs, bound by silken thread.  When it was over and he finally looked away, he was surprised to find his hands shaking.  He hurriedly stuffed them into his pockets and trailed behind Elijah.

© 2012 Taskuhecate


Author's Note

Taskuhecate
Another old piece lying around, with the same characters as before. Let me know if anything needs improvement.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You described the actions and emotions flawlessly, I only wish you would have described the color of the spider and the moth to make a more finite image. Maybe make the colors contrast to symbolize good and evil? I don't know, it's only a random thought. Again, written very well.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 9, 2012
Last Updated on February 9, 2012

Author

Taskuhecate
Taskuhecate

Writing
Wings Wings

A Story by Taskuhecate


God God

A Story by Taskuhecate