You Lack Honesty

You Lack Honesty

A Story by Tazz S.H.
"

A girl who's lover abandoned her.

"
This one's for you; you know who you are!

The longer you're gone, the more it hurts.
Hurts to think, breathe, imagine---you.
It wouldn't have hurt if...if you were honest with me.
If you could just tell me, talk to me, about what was on your mind.
Were you afraid? Were you? Why would you be? Did you think I was going to hurt you? Judge you? Do you think I would do that? Is that why you made the both of us, an item? To cause this grief? I wanted to be there for you. Find the root of the problem and kill it.
But now, I can't do anything. I'm left powerless. And you...I don't know you anymore. You're this...this shroud over my mind, a drowsy fog that dulls the pain, prolongs it...something!
And I wonder...did you think running was the answer? I never wanted to hear your excuses everytime we met, about your absences, I really didn't. I simply wanted you. Because you wanted me. Because you appreciated me. Because you admired me. Because you loved me.
And now...I just can't think anymore. I don't know what we are, you and I. What hurt the most was the length of time that passed before I fully realized the truth. What you didn't have the guts to say. Do.
Maybe it wouldn't have hurt, for either of us, if you were honest. That's all I ever wanted. The realness of it. The sincerity, the power of it. But now you're gone. Without a sound, without a word.
Gone.

© 2013 Tazz S.H.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
Added on November 1, 2012
Last Updated on May 19, 2013

Author

Tazz S.H.
Tazz S.H.

NYC, NY



About
I live in NYC and I love writing. :) more..

Writing