Rocky Mountain Lows

Rocky Mountain Lows

A Poem by Tate Viviano
"

Living in Denver. The city that hates the poor.

"

The rich people here are like the mountains that rise in the distance over our city. They are hard like the stone  and cold as the snow. They hold themselves as if they where the peak of pike. But I feel like the mines in Ludlow.

This is the mile high city but The jobs are few and far from taking us anywhere above sea level. The rich are devouring up what refuge the poor have left. They cry for more parking lots and parks to walk their purebred dogs that are just as genetically deficient as they are emotionally. The food stores sell cruelty free, grass-fed beef that costs twenty bucks a pound. So it looks like I’ll be grass fed too. The snow keeps falling and my hope starts to fade into the cold winters nights.

I woke up this morning and took a shot of the poison we call hindsight. I planted my seeds right as the first frost was coming. Now I’m not sure if the flowers will grow.

Rocky Mountain lows are bringing me down, I hope I can reach those Rocky Mountain highs I hear so much about.

© 2017 Tate Viviano


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on January 15, 2017
Last Updated on January 15, 2017
Tags: Poetry, Poverty, Denver

Author

Tate Viviano
Tate Viviano

CO



About
I am twenty three and have been really writing poetry and stories since I was eighteen. I enjoy the poetry of the Sufi's as well as the greats such as Maya Angelou. I am so excited to share my work an.. more..

Writing
Brother Brother

A Poem by Tate Viviano