untitled

untitled

A Poem by Taunt-gently

One day I want to be the grandmother that only ever wears socks while fully dressed, at Christmas I’ll put coins in them and dance on the hearth and make the grand children laugh, after I've one too many eggnogs and a belly full of love.

Make sure the kids remember and never forget you don’t really need blinking lights, but if they must, the clear ones are prettiest when you decide you’d like some, or lanterns, lanterns should never go out like fashion does..

 

plain brown paper bag lanterns, so simple, such a warm glow, and bare feet well, everyone has their own take on bare feet, I think of sprites and shabby frocks, tangled hair' greying locks.  

© 2010 Taunt-gently


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This gave me the *warm and fuzzies*. My Meme played the piano and sang after
"one too many eggnogs and a belly full of love".

Nice job!

~True

Posted 13 Years Ago


reaally great imagery hear, its like you looked into the future through an optimist's lens, and I can't say I think badly of what you said. I love the line about clear lights, thats just brilliant to me. Three's such a beauty in the things we address casually, and I think that line embodied that sentiment perfectly.

Posted 14 Years Ago


ooh, I like this piece, mostly because of the easy, simple feeling it gave me while I was reading it. It was kind of heartwarming, even made me want to grow old for a second there. And I like the way you structured this piece. Keep it up! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


lol YES!!!! i want to be this sort of old lady too *grin*

i love the structure of this.. adds to the rambling feel, and pulls you along

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

391 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 14, 2010
Last Updated on April 14, 2010

Author

Taunt-gently
Taunt-gently

It's waiting for a name



About
Not copyright here either... so on and so forth ----------------- some people are so beautiful to see wild yet so painful to leave free. ----------------- BEYOND KERGUELEN by Henry Ke.. more..

Writing
. .

A Poem by Taunt-gently


. .

A Poem by Taunt-gently


. .

A Poem by Taunt-gently