Tug of War

Tug of War

A Story by Tay
"

Short story, David and Roger have been captured.

"
They had us captured. David and I, we were going nowhere and they were showing no mercy to us. According to them we had broken the law of civilisation here. To us, it was only rock n' roll. A soldier came around to the darkly lit cell we had been thrown in. The floor was damp and sticky, there was only a single bed which the mattress had been battered into pieces. Against the wall stood a sink, the porcelain white colour was no longer there, it was now a deep shade of brown. There was no windows, the only source of light was the torch a soldier would flicker in our direction every now and then. David and I had to hold our breathes since a strong stench of urine, repeatedly drifted into our noses. We weren't the only ones in here. A family of four were huddled tightly against the wall, the father was tightly clutching the arms of his wife, who we had watched suffer abuse from the soldiers. Taunting and beating her over her clothing choice. The couple had two young sons, they didn't seem to know what was going on and had small grins plastered on their face.
The soldier shone the bright light directly in my eye, I didn't attempt to turn away, I stared blankly at him.
'I swear to God, Roger I'm going to f*****g murder the whole lot of 'em' David growled into my ear.
I shook my head, there were hundreds of them and only two of us.
'What do you want?' I sharply asked.
'It's time.' Was all left his mouth. Before David and I could try and figure out what he was on about, we were being loaded onto a truck, filled with women covered head to toe in black clothing and men, with frightening bloodshot eyes. They all stared at us in unison. We were all cramped up together, David and I had refuse to let the soldiers take our instruments. I held my bass against my chest as he held his guitar. The sun shone brightly that day, like any other day here. It beamed down on us, it's threatening rays, burning every revealing part of our bodies. David was getting agitated and continuously grind his teeth together. The vehicle soon started moving and we were slowly leaving the bounds of the camp. The flag was still in full view, it was their sense of freedom, something they claimed to fight for, yet relentlessly took from us.

© 2013 Tay


Author's Note

Tay
I understand it is really short, it was a spur of the moment idea and I'm not yet sure if I will continue it as a genuine story. Thanks for reading!
P.S I hope someone realises the characters origins.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on May 26, 2013
Last Updated on May 26, 2013
Tags: Adventure, War, Freedom, Music, People, Suppressed

Author

Tay
Tay

Ireland



About
I have two interests, writing and music. I'm not excellent at both but continue to strive for improvement. I'm also terrible at filling out 'About me' sections. What I can tell you is that I'm sociall.. more..