As beauty gives way to blunder

As beauty gives way to blunder

A Poem by Tech

Places from my past, but the memories never seem to last.

How can something so beautiful eventually fall prey to something so ugly?

Commercialization and industry reap us of the breath-taking views.

What happens when you’re charged to see what was once free?

Whoring out the planet that at one point was under the ownership of we instead of me.

The beauty escapes a place like this as the city scape rapes the innocence that once was.

But something that was considered ugly can now be seen in a new light.

Cause as they say, “beauty comes with age.”

Whether it is in the age of the viewer or the age of the place is up for debate.

A city so cluttered with buildings and lights can only show its true beauty from afar.

While a beach surrounded in natural land can be pretty from every angle fathomable.

For it only takes a novice to capture a great scene from something handed to them.

But it takes a true expert to capture something remarkable from a tabooed setting.

An eye sore at first glance is home to so much more than we take time to give credit where it is due.

© 2015 Tech


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on July 24, 2015
Last Updated on July 24, 2015

Author

Tech
Tech

Ventura, CA



About
College Grad who is just experimenting with writing and seeing were it leads me. Some of the poems posted will be old and naive others will have more thought and care. more..

Writing
The Answer The Answer

A Poem by Tech