Another Night

Another Night

A Story by Tech Reel
"

Just another night of Kyle trying to sleep in his own bed.. and failing.

"

I walk into my room after a hard day and there she is again. For the past few days Ally has invited herself into my bedroom and lay on my bed. I can only assume she’s hoping for a hug or cuddles, at least I hope that’s all she’s looking for. Either way, I refuse to give in to this creepy behavior.


“Ally, get out.” I say, pointing out the door.


She jumps a bit and opens her eyes, only now realizing I’ve entered the room. She looks to me and smiles her annoyingly bright smile. “Kyle, hey! Thought I’d make your bed all warm and toasty for ya. Come on in, the water’s fine!” She says as she pats the mattress.


My arm continues pointing out. “I’ll get in when you get out.” My voice gets more stern as my level of patience lowers. All I want is this simple room to just unwind at the end of the day, and even this I need to fight for.


“But you know what they say, ‘Sleep gets lonely, so why not get yourself a cuddle buddy?’” Her hand continues patting the bed.


“That’s the tagline for a stuffed animal, not life advice.” I say in as monotone a voice as I can muster.


She shrugs. “Eh, potato tomato.” My eye twitches a bit. Not only did she break the phrase by using both, but she used the ones that rhymed, making the comparison completely pointless. I swear, it’s like she’s trying to get under my skin sometimes.


I let out a sigh and just leave the room, closing the door behind me despite her plead to come back. Calvin is looking through a few papers, looking up when I come in and watching me lie down on the couch. “Ally again?” He asks, trying to hide a smirk. I nod and close my eyes, trying to sleep on the home office’s crappy cheap couch.

© 2018 Tech Reel


Author's Note

Tech Reel
Yeah, I'm definitely not an author, but I'm trying.. well, trying-ish. Writing is something I enjoy here and there, but I don't get much practice. Maybe being around here will change that :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on November 13, 2018
Last Updated on November 13, 2018
Tags: bed, cuddles, cuddle, comedy, story

Author