At The Movies

At The Movies

A Poem by TeenRomance2
"

I was at the movies tonight, watching Sorcerer's Apprentice, and taking in a little more.

"
At the movies, I pay my ticket and step inside.
I look around.
There’s much more to see here than a movie.

There’s a family over there, with way too many kids
And I find it funny, the dad tries to carry all the drinks!
And there’s a couple that holds hands.
They’ll be looking at the movie, not paying attention to the story line.
There’s a fat man with cash very handy
eyeing every single type of chocolate candy…

The acne-ridden kid at the register peeks at his coworker,
and I wonder if he imagines what it’s like to kiss her.

An old man gives pop corn to his grandkid.
Another kid has heelies and with them he skids.

At the movies, I buy my drink and step inside.
I look around.
When the lights go out, I sneakily turn around.

So many faces.
So many stories.

YG

© 2010 TeenRomance2


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Lovely, I love the way your mind works. Like me you clearly love to observe the world, do you ever drive down a road at night and catch glimpses of families through lighted windows and make up a story about that family in your head? Or pass someone on the street and wonder who they are, where they are going and why? I wish I knew all the answers! Haha. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ima
~awesome~
i just loved the observations you have so beautifully made .. they are true and actually touching
good job!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


"At the movies, I buy my drink and step inside.
I look around.
When the lights go out, I sneakily turn around.

So many faces.
So many stories."

{i really like this-(i called my kid on her cell and she at the movies-
sorry-being a nostalgic dad)--anyway this great true write--I Love It}

"And there’s a couple that holds hands.
They’ll be looking at the movie, not paying attention to the story line."

...another cute line..

...magnificent...

james:-)

Posted 13 Years Ago


wonderful vignettes drawn from the abstract life. your portrayal of people and their role in your poem ie well placed . So many faces, So many stories - So much more to imagine . very good writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awww I just loved it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow i love how u observed the ppl! It's fun watching ppl becuz they give u idas for stories! i like the rhyming as well! great job with this! i loved it! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


what a delightful read~ I catch myself doing this all the time~ people watching~ like you said~ so many stories~
this poem is like a wonderfully composed slideshow of humans pinned to the same moment~ observed and observing~ very well written to engage the reader~

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well, this certaintly makes me want to pay much more attention at the movies. :D
Great poem, I love the little comedic feel, and great observation skills. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great write - the observations are realistic and this could have been any movie theater in the world. The imagery is fantastic and this was fun to read. I really enjoyed seeing all the interesting people at the movie theater. Excellent work, thank you for sharing :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is so true! A person never really thinks there is much more to see and view at the movies beside the movie itself. Very clever!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is really cool. Great observation and capturing all that in a poem. You're right, there is a lot more to see if a person cares to stop and take a real look around.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

600 Views
30 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on July 19, 2010
Last Updated on July 19, 2010
Tags: movies

Author

TeenRomance2
TeenRomance2

Sugarland, TX



About
I'm trying a couple of things that are new to me: ROMANCE, and FLASH FICTION =^-^= {Basically, short stories around 1,000 words} And I love to give reviews on poetry, so don't be shy to send me re.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Its Okay Its Okay

A Poem by Moflo