Alex, the robot

Alex, the robot

A Story by Kristaps F
"

This is a very short story abaout a robot who is about to end his life.

"

  This is the part where the story of Alex ends. You didn't get me wrong. It really ends. Are we missing something? Alex is on his way to dump. He is a robot, you see. His processor is really old and he is shutting down. Alex's life was not much of an adventure. Then why the hell are we reading about him? Well, Alex is a very lovable character. Just tell me if he touched your heart.

  The second thing he remembered was his parents. His mother, a great cook, was an artist. She drawed and painted pictures of other robots. His father was also an artist. He only made custom parts for other robots. His father was the best. He always played with him and they did sports together. He even programed Alex how to play baseball well. Long story short, they had to divorce and Alex had to move out to live on the streets.

  At the school, and this is the best part, I bet you read the whole story wondering what was the first thing he remembered, and , well, this was the first thing he remembered, he met his true love. At the age of fifteen he met Sindy. She moved into his class from the nearest town. Always overheating when she sat next to him, he never said he loves her. He caught himself wondering many times where she lived and what she did. He wrote her many songs. His hard drive was very old so this is the only one he remembered.


Your eyes told a million stories

Your dance was more than shifting gears

It always seemed you had no worries

You always ticked away my fears


  Yes, Alex was a musician. He still remembered the first time he picked up the guitar. If only Sindy saw him playing. He played days and nights. Being a musician, he could never earn much money, only for the daily fuel.

  He was at the gates of the dump he was going to. Did I say gates? I meant fence. He climbed over the fence and found himself a nice spot to lay. You could hear the system saying "Shutting down! Shutting down!". And there he laid,never to be touched again.

© 2017 Kristaps F


Author's Note

Kristaps F
feel free to criticise my english. it seems like there is something missing. Didn't have much of inspiration just felt like writing a story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on February 6, 2017
Last Updated on February 6, 2017
Tags: robot, fiction, love, musician, first love, story, short story

Author

Kristaps F
Kristaps F

Latvia



About
I am a young writer who has just started to write short stories and to publish them online. more..

Writing
This life This life

A Poem by Kristaps F


Waiting Waiting

A Poem by Kristaps F