Manifest This

Manifest This

A Poem by T.a Walling
"

I wrote a manifesto. You should as well.

"

Manifest This 

by Terriann Walling


  1. Enable ways in which pure dignity gives way to human competence.
  2. Discuss to bring about enlightened ideals and then do something about it.
  3. Violence is never ideal it implies no reflection.
  4. Choose to rid ego of its permanent residence that sits in academia.
  5. Write.
  6. Compromise thought when it is followed by growth.
  7. Write.
  8. Write.
  9. Explore biases.
  10. Take no sides but your own.
  11. Love at first sight exists and sits forever with the Fairies.
  12. Believe in Fairies.
  13. Work with pride and situate yourself into a position of power.
  14. Revolutions bring change but subtleties guarantee sustainability.
  15. Dream of the future and it will become the stepping stone to a new reality for a generation you will never be a part of.
  16. Marvel in that thought.
  17. Ignite passion in public.
  18. Write.
  19. Writewithoutspaces.
  20. Write! Write!
  21. Do not fear sexuality.
  22. Don’t fake it.
  23. Darwin wrote about the ideal but unite in the fact that nothing is the ideal.
  24. Children are beautiful but not mandatory.
  25. Stop feeling guilty.
  26. Push past fear of public speaking, fear happens, silencing was a weapon.
  27. Ignorance is not accepted it should be rectified.
  28. Enjoy growing older, realize that others see you the way you see yourself.
  29. You are NOT your body, it holds ALL captive.
  30. Point of view is meant to be expanded, this is not fickleness.
  31. Anger others in moderation; once a person is defensive they will not alter.
  32. Sports are meditation for a weary mind.
  33. The more you accept media the more out of reach the representations get.
  34. Humble pie tastes good with the satisfaction of intellectual growth.
  35. Repress no one.
  36. Dwell in the land of imagination for moment’s daily, for this is where fuel is found.
  37. Eat when you are hungry, stop when you are full.
  38. Demand what you deserve but remember that most fixations are like sky over wings so choose what is essential.
  39. Unite with individuals that stand on the same platform.
  40. Do not push away those that do not.
  41. Balance immortality between the moments now and what will be.
  42. Understand that freedom is a word made up by the ones that could take it away.
  43. Vote.
  44. Run for office.
  45. Don’t gossip or name drop this does do no one any favours.
  46. Having one good joke and one good card trick does wonders in life.
  47. Open all doors and twist all handles.
  48. Travel.
  49. Never forget how this all came about and carry that into the future because in 500 years this time will be known as the technological revolution and this journey will be a mere chapter in a book.
  50. Foster new habits, it is never too late to change your nature.
  51. Take care of those that are in most need of it, whether mentally or physically.
  52. Never judge the homeless or poor for they are the repressed and alienated in society.
  53. Race and gender take a second place next to poverty.
  54. Take responsibility for the environment.
  55. Never accept mediocracy.
  56. Thinking until it hurts requires more energy then one week worth of housework and the benefits are much more satisfying.
  57. Keep a pencil beside your bed the best ideas are not based on historic recollection.
  58. Never assume anyone is part of your movement.
  59. You are not evil or dirty.
  60. Unite do not divide.
  61. The critical way in which change occurs comes from emancipation from ones own mind.
  62. Remember the history of marriage and allow yourself a new meaning.
  63. Donotacceptwithoutcloseexamination.
  64. Relate don’t segregate.
  65. Rid the world of the conformity of structures that are put in place only to restrict creativity.
  66. A room is fine but an entire house is supreme.
  67. Do not be afraid to be a hero.
  68. Think in poetry.
  69. Complain, reflect and do what needs to be done. The days of knights in shining armour are over.

 

© 2012 T.a Walling


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very good manifest. I like the goals and the purpose of the manifest. We need to write down goals and rules for our life. Real life can make us forget the path we want to be on. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


I am sure this was a difficult write. I know it is an interesting piece.


Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 4, 2012
Last Updated on July 4, 2012

Author

T.a Walling
T.a Walling

Canada



About
I am working on my Masters of English, and will be done in September. My project is trauma theory projection in William Faulkners The Sound and the Fury. I adore Emily Dickinson (hence the dashes), bu.. more..

Writing
Elegy Elegy

A Poem by T.a Walling