LOVESHIP 1974

LOVESHIP 1974

A Story by Terry Collett
"

A MAN AND WOMAN IN OSLO BASE CAMP IN 1974

"



Dalya helped me put up the tent it was outside Oslo and there was a wind blowing making the tent putting up difficult and the ground was damp and we slipped and skidded with the effort the Polish women(a mother and daughter) were attempting their own the mother who spoke little English was cursing(I imagined) in Polish her daughter who spoke good English was doing most of the work the Yank girl dressed in her black leather was with the Yorkshire lass and they had almost done others were in various degrees of success Ill be glad when this is done Dalya said pushing her hair out of her eyes dampness on her forehead go get a beer and have a smoke she added as she bent over to hit in one of the steel stakes I captured the nakedness of her waist as her black tee shirt rose it was smooth and although I had seen it before it was usually dark or dim in the tent prior to love making or afterwards as we lay beside each other gazing at the top of the inside of the tent I pulled the tent upright and she tied it firm and knotted it the last corner and we stood up and gazed at our work the wind blowing about us our feet on the damp grass we unzipped the tent and took our bags and sleeping bags inside and sort things out on either side she zipped up the tent and we lay there on our laid out sleeping bags a few minutes of rest before we ventured out for beer and burger and smoke do you know what the Polish girl told me  yesterday? Dalya said no I said looking at the top of the tent hearing voices outside and the wind blowing against the canvas her mother was a girl when the Germans came into their part of Poland the Russians were in her grandmothers part of Poland they never met again and she said her mother remembers some of the people calling out Hej Zyd Zdy or Jude Jude and the Jews being pushed along and some being shot and her mother said she couldnt sleep afterwards without nightmares didnt you have relatives who died in Auschwitz? I said yes uncles she said never met them but my mother told me of them she and her parents escaped to England before the War do people know you are Jewish? I asked some but they say nothing I had a boyfriend who dropped me once he found out but he was a rare example she said she stopped and said what about that beer and burger? ok I said see what the camp bar is like and  maybe get a bus to Oslo and see if they have any night life sure she said then back here for a good bit of sex and o I hope this wind dies down so we unzipped and walked across to the camp bar and ordered two beers and burgers and stood there by the bar looking around music bellowing out of loudspeakers high up on the long poles attached with wires Zed Zeppelin she said love them guys the music was loud and there were people talking and laughing and yelling over to each other and bodies and heads and a couple nearby were kissing his hands on her a*s after we had our beer and burger and a smoke we got a bus to Oslo and walked around the city looking at the sites and drinking in bars and eating at some cheap cafe then we found a disco and danced for for a while then got the bus back to the camp and unzipped our tent and collapsed on our sleeping bags what a night she said what booze up we lay there talking for a while resting after our tour of the city and dancing and walking then after a while she said how about it? about what?  I said sex good honest down to earth sex she said I rolled towards her the wind was blowing hard outside and voices of people going by to their own tents or going off to the bar or bogs or showers we kissed and held each other and touched then undressed bit by bit throwing clothing to the four corners of the tent until we were naked as Adam and Eve on the first day glad its you here now and not that Yank b***h Dalya said I couldnt stand sharing a tent with her anymore but now shes with the Aussie and serve him right hope he gets the pox off her Im glad its you too the Aussie guy was always boozing even in the tent he always had a can in his hand supping I said she placed the palm of her hand over my mouth and said no more words action only and she took my pecker and I wrapped my hands around her waist and drew her near and kissed her lips and the wind blew harder and the voices of people seemed nearer and louder and music from the loudspeakers came across and it was Deep Purple she said drawing me in and settling me down and I said nothing but sensed and felt and touched and heard and kissed and moved and she was kissing my chest and my arm and I felt her a*s smooth and warm and the wind blew and blew and the canvas moved the top of the tent rocked as did Deep Purple and I felt her moving and rocking and the lights from the camp were lighting up the tent canvas and I saw her eyes like stars shine then close then open and I sailed away for a year and day and her lips touched mine and held me on board the ship of love as we sailed and sunk and sailed the Seven Seas of love and life like unfettered husband and unknown wife.

© 2015 Terry Collett


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on November 10, 2015
Last Updated on November 10, 2015
Tags: MAN, WOMAN, BASE CAMP, OSLO, 1974

Author

Terry Collett
Terry Collett

United Kingdom



About
Terry Collett has been writing since 1971 and published on and off since 1972. He has written poems, plays, and short stories. He is married with eight children and eight grandchildren. on January 27t.. more..

Writing