Frailty

Frailty

A Poem by Thalassa
"

just... thoughts really. Let me know?

"

The people we know casually, or even those with some limited degree of intimacy, see only the decisions we make for ourselves and those actions which proceed from them. They know us based upon our actions - actions for most of the world define us. But those for whom we pull back the curtain surrounding ourselves are suddenly given to see the full picture of vacillation and consideration we go through Before arriving at the decisions which define us for the rest of the world. It is perhaps a good thing then that we humans are creatures that prefer the familiar.

For it would be easy, upon arriving at this place of sudden, deeper, information to be shocked by the true picture of those we have decided to love. By the Frailty that precedes our deepest wisdom. 

Perhaps then, that is an integral part of the many faceted heart of Love, this two part choosing. Once to stand beside someone because of who they Are to the rest of the world, for who their decisions have made them. And then secondly, seeing suddenly and being unafraid of the struggle which has lead them there and of whatever place it may lead them next.

© 2016 Thalassa


Author's Note

Thalassa
grammer, never really been my thing. I know indifference is the last resort of the lazy but it really just ties me up in knots trying and then nothing ever makes it anywhere. So I do apologize, and if it matters I put it under 'poetry' ;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on January 29, 2016
Last Updated on January 29, 2016
Tags: thoughts, random, rambles, short

Author