A Life Times Tale

A Life Times Tale

A Story by Vincent Maltese
"

Chapter One unfinished

"

its hard to say where it started. hard to pick out one specific instance. see it wasn't just created by one thing. it slowly came together piece by piece. see. and every time something joined, it would get bigger, larger, more profound.

 

But i guess if i had to pick out the very begining i would say that it all started with a rose.

 

or rather a rose bush. see every morning mrs stadaly would put on her apron her  gloves and her gardening hat. and would walk  along the cement tablets that lead to her garden. And every morning she would clip one flower from her garden, wrap it on a moist towelet and put it in the same vas on her windowsil.

 

But the strange part about all this is when she put it in the vas the towelet slowly started to turn red. as if the flower were bleeding. and she never placed them in any water. and yet the flowers  never seemed  to wilt.

 

But what really caught my eye as a child was that every morning when she would add another flower to her arrangement she would take one out. and walk to her basement. no flowers ever went to the garbage and no poperie was ever in her house. but where were the flowers going?

© 2008 Vincent Maltese


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on February 20, 2008
Last Updated on February 22, 2008

Author

Vincent Maltese
Vincent Maltese

Camp Lejeune, NC



About
In the end it all amounts to family more..

Writing