Defunding the Police

Defunding the Police

A Story by Alex S. Foley
"

This is not a real story, but if we continue to support those that want to lessen the money and power of the police this may soon be a reality.

"

Betty hit the button to answer the call as she pulled up the caller id and location.

 

“Allegheny 911. How may I assist you?”

 

“Someone has broken into my house.” a voice whispered. “I can still hear them downstairs.”

 

“You are Gregory Lee of 1237 Maple Drive?”

 

“Yes send the police quickly.”

 

Betty punched in another command and frowned. “Are you the same Gregory Lee that signed a petition to defund the police on August 3rd?”

 

“What does that matter?”

 

“It doesn’t let me check.” Betty hit the mute button and took a sip of her coffee. “Car 48 I have you going on lunch?”

 

“That is right Betty.”

 

“Get yourself a second slice of pie it seems to be a quit night.”

 

“Thanks Betty”

 

She hit the switch back to the phone call. “I’m sorry but with the current limited number of officers we have we won’t be able to dispatch a car to you for two hours.”

 

“Are you f*****g kidding me?”

 

“Please sir your language. I am doing the best I can, but with the budget cut a lot of officers were let go so we don’t have as many officers. They are all on other calls currently.”

 

“My wife and daughter are here.”

 

“May I advise you to leave the house, go to a neighbors or you could call one of those group that fought for the defunding of the police and see if they can help you.”

 

“This is no f*****g game. Send someone right now.”

 

“As I explained to you we have limited officers. We are doing the best we can.”

 

“Oh God I hear them coming up the stairs.”

 

“I would suggest barricading yourself in a room and hope they don’t break in before the police arrive. Have a nice night.”

 

Betty hit the disconnect button and leaned back smiling.

© 2022 Alex S. Foley


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on August 6, 2022
Last Updated on August 6, 2022
Tags: police, 911-call

Author

Alex S. Foley
Alex S. Foley

About
It doesn't matter who I am just what I write. more..

Writing