Sorry Wrong Number Newspaper

Sorry Wrong Number Newspaper

A Story by E
"

This was a school project where I created a newspaper article following the events of the radio drama "Sorry Wrong Number"

"
Woman Murdered For Insurance Money

On November 21st, an invalid woman by the name of Leona Stevenson was found dead in her apartment. It was originally speculated that she was killed during a robbery of the apartment, but it has been found that this was not the case. It turned out that an assassin had been hired by her husband Henry Stevenson to kill her so he could collect his insurance money. In order to get the whole story, a recently arrested gang leader named Morano, was interrogated, it was found that him, along with a chemist working for Leona’s father’s company named Philip and her husband Henry had been trafficking raw drugs from her father’s company in an attempt to earn a great deal of money and possibly have an early retirement. They had planned for Philip to steal the drugs from the mixing room where he worked, Henry to sell them and cover them up (as he was the vice president of Leona’s father’s company at the time) and for Morano to assist them both, as he had been in the business for years they had been doing this successfully for about 6 months, and then it began to go wrong for them.

Henry believed that he no longer needed Morano to assist him with his plan, so he dropped him from the project so he and Philip could earn more money. However, Morano had noticed a large increase in the amount of money in Henry’s bank account, and realised that he had been tricked. Morano then cornered Henry one night, and demanded that he give him what would have been his share of the money, totalling up to $50 000, in no less than ten days, or he was to be killed. Philip knew that Henry could not make that kind of money, he asked him if Leona had life insurance, and Henry said yes. The two of them devised an intricate plan to murder Leona and use the insurance money to save Henry’s life. They were to make it look like a robbery, and the crime would executed at 11:15, when the train went over the bridge and the policeman went into the bar, so if Leona screamed, nobody would hear her.


During the night, Leona had received multiple calls from a variety of people. We have interviewed everyone that she talked to that night and have managed to piece together a complete account of what happened. It all started at 11:00 that night, when she was trying to call her husband, as he was running late from work. She had attempted to call his work many times, and when she had the operator call she overheard two men discussing a murder, which later turned out to be hers. She then calls the police to tell them what she overheard, who don’t listen to what she says. Leona calls Henry’s secretary to find out where Henry was. His secretary said that he had left at 6:00, which surprised Leona, as he was still not home. She did however learn that Henry had met with an old girlfriend of his named Sally Hunt. When Leona called Sally to try and find out more about her husband’s location, Sally hung up and said she had to call her back. When she called later, she said that the district attorney had been investigating Henry, which scared Leona as she saw no reason for him to be investigated. Sally also talked about a house that was burned down recently, and how she believed that it and the men who were arrested were somehow involved with Henry. The next call she got was from Philip, who explained everything he and Henry had planned. When Henry called he explained everything to her as well, and she told him that she could have just given him the money. As Henry urged her to get out of bed and run, she was so afraid she could not move, and she was killed that night.



What had originally appeared to be a simple case of being killed during a robbery led to the uncovering of a much greater crime. Henry Stevenson and Philip’s scheme has been made public, and they are to be tried the 6th of December. Henry Stevenson had put himself in danger, and had hoped to kill is innocent wife to save his own skin.

© 2013 E


Author's Note

E
Same rules as always apply. If you haven't heard the radio drama, I'd love to know if you're able to understand what happened. Also the terms used are period correct, I wouldn't use "invalid woman" today.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

445 Views
Added on July 30, 2013
Last Updated on July 30, 2013
Tags: Radio, project, article, fiction, response

Author

E
E

Canada



Writing
Office Window Office Window

A Story by E


Easier To Run Easier To Run

A Story by E


What I Long To See What I Long To See

A Poem by E