Man, The Monter

Man, The Monter

A Poem by TheAnthonyMiller

We like to believe that we are the best

Like our species is above the rest

This is wrong for we are beasts at heart

Brutal and violent from the start

Humanity is the worst

Given free will, we are cursed

We are the monsters who invented war

We shed the most blood and gore

We have just evolved ways to kill one another

 Instead of clubs we use guns to kill our brother

From the day we were made we were imperfect

We were born with sin that will infect

There’s darkness inside us all

It is our downfall

We aren’t clawed, horned, or covered in fur

But man is a monster

© 2012 TheAnthonyMiller


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this piece. You express your point well. It is true that we are but animals. Although, you, like most people don't like war. The people who raise to power become corupted by the power they weild. Our forfathers recognized this human trait and built in measures to the constitution to prevent the power from staying in the hands of just a few people. It requires the imput of the masses to controll the balance. Remember they came from Europe, where roialty claimed to be decended from God. The kings and queens had absolute power. In turn they were absolutly corupt, gathering all wealth and products to themselves leaving the masses with nothing. The same thing is happening here and around the world because WE are too lazy to remain united. We persist in thinking the leaders will do the right thing and keep putting the same people in charge. DUH! Do they even count our votes any more? When people mass together to protest unfair laws they are branded cooks or criminals, then dispersed by the cops. The Declairation of independance requires us ,as citizens to do exactly that. Gather together and put away the coruption. Replace the people who work against the masses. vote every imcombant out and start paying attention to what the new guys do.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like the straight forwardness of your work. In terms in of the meaning, we can have a lifetime of argument about it. You have covered quite the evil in humanity.
Oh, and we're not the only species that goes to war, according to an interesting little fact I've read.

Posted 11 Years Ago


You don't think a whole lot of humanity do you?

Posted 11 Years Ago


TheAnthonyMiller

11 Years Ago

For the most part no. I think there are a whole lot of good people in the world but as a whole, no

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 24, 2012
Last Updated on November 24, 2012

Author

TheAnthonyMiller
TheAnthonyMiller

Fort Worth, TX



About
My name is Anthony Miller. I am 20 years old at the moment, and I enjoy a multitude of things. I enjoy working out, writing, playing music, playing games, hanging out with friend, camping, and many ot.. more..

Writing