Humanity

Humanity

A Poem by TheArchAngel

In a thousands of striding years humanity has ran, there has been no finish line.
There has been no applauding crowd awaiting their hasty arrival, and there has been no sight of the finish line.
Of the end.
Humanity has had the ignorance and the passion to be blind of the end and to fight across every natural milestone the ancient universe foresees.
But what reason does humanity give to oppose forces greater than their own?
Every creature before them and every creature after them will all bow down, to the influences of the universe.
For creatures that humanity sees as inferior know their place in the hierarchy of existence, how is it that “simple minded” creatures know their place and that humanity “complex minded” creatures refuse to acknowledge their place and be compliant with their fate?
It’s the mere fact that humanity has the ability to think with logical and rational purpose.
That is the only reason humanity gives to the universe for its insatiable ignorance.
Is that reason good enough?
Does that reason hold truth to it?
Perhaps in our ignorance we refuse to see other species as possible equals, perhaps we bound others to be lower than us.
We chain them down to fit our “righteous” ideals, as if humanity hasn’t done that yet to its own kind.
Regardless of our ignorance, and our passion to overcome the extinction of our species.
One cannot avoid the simple truths of existence. 
Death will own us all
and 
Justice will prevail.




© 2014 TheArchAngel


Author's Note

TheArchAngel
Whats your view on humanity?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

We are the cockroaches that never die.I have come across many people who think the way your writing not you per-pose.
I believe us to be the ultimate optimistic breed on earth. The positive people of this earth strive not to kill and preserve what is the underdog dying in the sun.They come up with new ways to cure and promote those less fortunate around them. They believe the planet is a whole and not a bunch of separate parts.
Slowly all will succumb to this notion through self preservation alone and recognize the true glory of positive plus positive pays positively in time. We are the best cockroaches of this world and we will survive and thrive in time regardless of the task.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 5, 2014
Last Updated on March 5, 2014

Author

TheArchAngel
TheArchAngel

pinellas park, FL



About
i was a man who became a poet. Poetry saved my life and i owe my life to her. I love poetry. i enjoy reading it as well. so dont be shy id love to read anything you have, ----- A few years ago i .. more..

Writing