Work To Live?

Work To Live?

A Story by TheBurritoGamer
"

How I view the so called saying of "You need to work to live".

"
Here's a concept that's always bothered me: You Need To Work To Live. 
No, you don't. You need to work so you can keep living so you can keep working.
It basically contradicts the whole "Work To Live" thing. 
Think about it. 
You work so much to live that you don't have time to actually live. 
You want to live? Don't work. But then again, if you don't work, you die due to lack of shelter and food and cannot live. Anymore. Obviously.
So we don't really live. We work. We live to work, not work to live. I'm not against work, by all means, I may be lazy but I work and I wish I had a job I loved because, yeah, when you love what you do, it doesn't even feel like work. But until then, we can't live, we work. We live to work. 

© 2014 TheBurritoGamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great points, I think about this all the time. Humans have complicated the world to the point that we can't just enjoy it. But, I can't really think of an alternative at this point in time. Maybe someday, when robots take over all the jobs or something.

Posted 10 Years Ago


TheBurritoGamer

10 Years Ago

Glad someone else understands! And thanks for the review! Although it does make me think about it mo.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
1 Review
Added on January 14, 2014
Last Updated on January 18, 2014
Tags: Work, To, Live, The, Burrito, Gamer, Zachary, Richards, Money, Life, Here's, A, Thought

Author

TheBurritoGamer
TheBurritoGamer

Calgary, Alberta, Canada



About
I'm Zachary 'The Burrito Gamer' Richards, a Gamer and YouTuber (in the making), Marvel Comics enthusiast, artist and comic book artist (kind of) for a comic book series about me and the writer of the .. more..

Writing