Origin of Death

Origin of Death

A Story by Michael Lampert
"

This is the origin story of one of many main characters, Death or Grimm.

"
"Lucifer, you promised me you would tell me today, how I came to be Death, and why I use a scythe, why can't I kill with any other weapons?" Death said walking in on Lucifer talking to his Demons about a battle.
"Did I?" Lucifer said with a grin "I don't recall."
"Don't bullshit me on this. We both know you have to tell me." Death said angrily.
"Fine, I'll show and tell, don't throw a fit." Lucifer said waving his hand through the air making some smoke, filling the room with it. "Here we go."
The smoke warped into images, and Death's old memories, before he was Death.
"Well it all started back when you a Soldier, Spec-Ops to be specific. You were on a mission"

The smoke warped into the war zone he was in, showing Death, as a man, named James. The helicopter he was in was landing and all the soldiers hopped out, the commander shouting out orders to get going. As soon as James had boots on the ground, they all began getting shot at from a nearby building.
"Forth floor, shooter." James yelled out to his fellow soldiers. James held up his hand to his friend, counted down from 5.
"5, 4, 3," James counted down in his head. "2, 1."
The second he lowered his hand, James and two other soldiers popped out of cover, and shot at the shooter on the forth floor, and took him down.
"Shooter down, keep moving to target." The commander said over coms.
Fifteen minutes pass, and the soldiers are inside a building shooting at more terrorists, they all start wrapping up, only a few enemies left, then out of nowhere, a bomb goes off, and everything goes white.
James starts waking up, in the rubble. He looks around, all his men are not breathing, and are covered in each others blood.
"John! Charley! Anyone good?" James yells out to his men.
A man starts standing up, holds his hand up.
"I'm ok I think." John says coughing "Oh my god, are they all dead?"
"I think so..." James says, wiping sweat off his brow.
"Well we should see if there's any of these terrorist b******s left, I'll take..." Before he could finish he was shot in the head, and dropped like a stone.
James saw this and grabbed his pistol and began shooting at the terrorist, but missed as well did the terrorist.
The terrorist started running away, so James got up and started chasing him.
James was so broken and battered, and was running on adrenaline, and revenge for all his men.

"Lucifer? Where is this going." Death asked.
"Where else, to your grave." Lucifer said laughing.

After a minute of running James caught up to the Terrorist and was about to fight him, but the terrorist went inside a barn. James ran in not thinking about his own safety.
"Where are you!" James yelled out in the barn "I'll kill you for this!"
Then James heard a crunch of glass, and spun around to see the terrorist running at him with a knife.
The terrorist thrust the knife at him, but James smacked it aside and landed a well placed punch to his chest. James grabbed the knife the stabbed the terrorist with it. The terrorist punched him back, then reached over grabbed a scythe, and swung it at James. James stood there motionless for a moment, then his head fell off, and then the terrorist fell over and died because of the knife in his chest.

"Lucifer...what the hell" Death said confused by his own demise.
"You died, how else would one become death? Hmm?" Lucifer said with a smirk. "You died on that day, and because of your own beliefs you went to Hell. We saw you there, saw your skill, your... potential."
"Who's 'we'?" Death asked.
"Me, and God" Lucifer said in a matter of fact tone. "I didn't give you the powers of the Grimm Reaper, God did. We did ask you of course, Jesus' idea of course, wanted a 'willing host for Death', and all that." Lucifer said in a demeaning tone.
"What about the Scythe?" Death asked.
"Because a host of Death, uses the weapon that killed them. And you can only kill humans with the scythe, you can use any other weapon you want for anything else."
"Host of Death? I thought I was Death?" Death asked confused.
"Oh dear boy, you are just a small rat compared to the real Angel of Death, but that Death saves it's power for my day of reckoning, tribulation." Lucifer looks off to the distance. "However, a Grimm Reaper is always needed."
"Thank you, Lucifer. You kept your word in telling me what happened." Death smiled, then a cloud of smoke rose around him, and he disappeared.

End

© 2016 Michael Lampert


Author's Note

Michael Lampert
This is a rough draft of what the origin for this character, I understand there's some Grammar/punctuation errors. However does this seem like a character you could enjoy? If you have questions, feel free to ask, I'll get to as many as I can.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on August 12, 2016
Last Updated on August 12, 2016
Tags: Death, Grimm Reaper, Angels, Soldiers, War, Blood

Author

Michael Lampert
Michael Lampert

AK



About
I'm a new writer from Alaska, working on a large story that's been in progress for years. I'll be posting short parts of the story on here. more..