Whispers In The Dark

Whispers In The Dark

A Story by TheGirlThatNeverWas
"

A boy finds no meaning in life

"

The night sky that is dark, never ending, the starts sprinkling the sky, the moon giving some light to see. Zexion sat on the edge of his windowsill in Castle Oblivion, looking out into the grassy field that was all around the castle. He often wondered about his existence, how he ended up like this, the pressure of trying to be whole again, if its even possible or being a double crosser. Zexion sat there for a while pondering these thoughts, could they die by something other than by the Keyblade or someone else disposing of them? Zexion looked down from his high position, if he jumped, would he die? Could he die from those such things? Were they more powerful than that? Why was he even feeling this way? He wasn't supposed to have feelings, but often when he would ponder these sort of things he would feel tightness in his chest where his heart should be.

Others teased his about being alone all the time. But did he choose this? No, as the others walked alone enjoying each others company he sits there just watching, was he just too shy or was he not smart enough to understand something obvious? Zexion stood up and paced around his room, his was the only room on the top floor, no one else was up here, boy did that make him feel special. Zexion then grabbed the first thing he saw and threw it across the room, against the wall then it landed with a thump. Zexion grabbed something else, a lamp, pulled it out and threw that against the wall, he picked up some books he saw and threw them, his bed covers he ripped off the bed and threw them. In the middle of throwing something else, Zexion noticed something warm and wet run down his face, he put what he was about to throw down and wiped away the wetness around his eyes.

What was this? Zexion looked at his hand and saw wetness smeared across his glove. Tears? Not possible, he can't cry, he has no emotions. Zexion looked around and saw the mess he made during his rage. Of course, he couldn't have rage, he had not feelings,not emotion, if he did he didn't like it. All he felt was sadness, hurt and worthless, there was no joy or happiness,but they were Nobodies, they weren't even supposed to exist. Once he again he looked out his window, if he could feel could he feel or die from such things as falling, normal people would if they fell from this great of height. Zexion walked over to his window and peered out once again measuring the height.

There was only one way to find out such answers to this, one: if he did die then that would prove that they could in fact die from such things. Two: He wouldn't be in existence, like how it supposed to be in the first place. No one would notice he was gone, even if they did they would forget about his eventually. Zexion stood on his windowsill and looked down, it had started to rain a short while ago making the windowsill slick. Its like sky was crying for him, even though he could cry if he wanted too. Zexion took a deep breath, it scared him a little bit when he realized what he was about to do. Zexion took another deep breath and said his possible last words.

" Thank you " It was a thank you, for giving him that little bit of emotion, even though it was hurt. If he had regrets he need to get over it, he needed to know this answer. The wind whipped furiously around him, Zexion closed his eyes then stepped off the edge and plummeted into the surrounding darkness waiting for the possible end.

© 2009 TheGirlThatNeverWas


Author's Note

TheGirlThatNeverWas
Ok well I'm sorry for any misspellings, I have a fan fiction site I wrote this on. Zexion is from a game called Kingdom Hearts II or you could look at him as just a random character. Zexion's character here is a powerful being, have special powers no many others have, he was also born without a heart.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really enjoyed reading this, though I'm not sure if the place or this people are from a previous story you've written or just made up for this specific story. Still, that fact didn't distract me from the story, which is good :-)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 26, 2009

Author

TheGirlThatNeverWas
TheGirlThatNeverWas

Parkersburg, WV



About
Name: Hannah McCune Age: 18 School education: Still in High School Type of writing: Angst, drama, life situations. Hey,my name is Hanna. I'm 17, I'm also a christian, Baptist/Nazarene. Well my wr.. more..

Writing