These demons of mine

These demons of mine

A Poem by Diamond Dunbar

I don't know when they came along but I know I'm never alone.
No one can see how one has me by a leash.
Another is on my back trying to drop me to my knees.
The others just stand around to taunt & tease, man if you only knew I never have peace.
They make sure they never leave I even see them in my sleep.
My mind is corrupted, my soul is wrecked, my heart is broken and my temple is suplexed.
Sometimes they get me so choked up, I can't even speak.
I can't even think, get so lost in my mind I forget to eat.
They used to come only at night and wake me from my sleep now they come all the time because they know I desire peace.
See that's the thing about them they never fail to remind me of the fruits of my dysfunction.
Leaving me mentally clustered, coming to conjunction that maybe its just meant to be, maybe these demons are meant for me.
Nah f**k that these demons are mine, for me to see that even those with a good heart can carry a ruckus no one can see.

© 2017 Diamond Dunbar


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on September 28, 2016
Last Updated on March 13, 2017

Author

Diamond Dunbar
Diamond Dunbar

Detroit, MI



About
I have chosen to walk in my truth. My trials and errors are lessons for the blessings that awaits for me. more..

Writing