Helpless or Hopeless?

Helpless or Hopeless?

A Poem by Diamond Dunbar
"

The dreadful process of losing love and gaining another.

"
He said ",why you always move away, if I try to sit close to you? I'm trying to be different but you treat me like every other dude. I mean I wanna feel special to you to. "

I'm scared of what you could do to me.

I'm scared that I'll fall for you, so helplessly.

You gotta understand the girl that's within to love the lady that you see.

See you only get a glimpse of me when stare but you get to feel my story when your near.

The energy that orbits me isn't meant for everyone to feel.

And it's obvious by the ones who I've burned with my fire for not being real.

See I know my love can seem surreal because you don't meet many girls who thrive on doing what she feels.

I wanna believe you won't hurt me but I believed that so many times from the others it hard not to give you the side eye.

It's hard to believe you won't be the same guy.

Although the universe will not allow things to happen that aren't meant to happen so I guess I must accept it.

If I fall for you and you don't catch me it's just another reminder that even though you are broken, you'll always still be a lover, so hopelessly.

© 2017 Diamond Dunbar


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Honest and powerful thoughts in the poetry.
"If I fall for you and you don't catch me it's just another reminder that even though you are broken, you'll always still be a lover, so hopelessly."
I liked the above lines. Love never give-up or give-in. Real love loved us in the good and the bad day. Thank you dear Poet for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 2, 2016
Last Updated on February 1, 2017

Author

Diamond Dunbar
Diamond Dunbar

Detroit, MI



About
I have chosen to walk in my truth. My trials and errors are lessons for the blessings that awaits for me. more..

Writing