Black Girl Lost. Black Girl Magic

Black Girl Lost. Black Girl Magic

A Poem by Diamond Dunbar
"

For my beautiful women of color don't give up and don't give in!

"
Young Black Girl, tell me your biggest dreams? So I can diminish your mind for thinking foolishly.

Young Black Girl, tell me where your headed? Matter fact, forget it because the future won’t let it. I need you to tell me, better yet where your head is?

Young Black Girl, tell me what you wanna be? Matter fact forget it, the system already got you beat! I need you to tell me what you want to see.

Young Black Girl, are you accomplishing anything? I hope you know the world is always watching and criticizing things.

Young Black Girl are you succumbing to the streets? Running the block, body in heat, mind conflicted and your actions aren’t sweet.

Young Black Girl, as the saying goes “Slow feet, don’t eat.” So you abide in a nature that counteracts any good you have and watch they can call you a rat, ya see.

Young Black Girl, you know this ain’t how it has to be. Even though the world is telling you, what they want you to be. I’m telling you that you can be what you want to be!

© 2016 Diamond Dunbar


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree and I like the logic of the words.
"Young Black Girl, you know this ain’t how it has to be. Even though the world is telling you, what they want you to be. I’m telling you that you can be what you want to be!"
The above lines should be taught to all women. Be who you are, not a fake face for this world. Thank you dear Poet for sharing the amazing poetry. Need to be read by more people.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


Diamond Dunbar

7 Years Ago

Thank you love! You are such a sweet soul!
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

You are welcome dear Poet.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 2, 2016
Last Updated on December 2, 2016

Author

Diamond Dunbar
Diamond Dunbar

Detroit, MI



About
I have chosen to walk in my truth. My trials and errors are lessons for the blessings that awaits for me. more..

Writing