Romantic Sin Eater

Romantic Sin Eater

A Story by TheGrizzly
"

A man finds himself forever alone, an eater of romantic hardships (sins) and all those around him keep his secret of immortality, as repayment to them finding their soulmates via failed relationships

"

Romantic Sin Eaters

 

Chapter 1

 

 

                Alone sat a man, heavy hearted and alone at the bar, sipping on red wine and watching in the mirror as people came and went. It was a position that he had spent much more time doing than any would ever believe. Markus Aurelius Nerva was his proper name, though most who ever have known him simply called him Mark. One tv was showing the latest race, another a boxing match, and yet another was currently on commercials. Even with having a hand in the many of the greatest inventions in recorded history, and know many of the faces of those who changed their age… Markus had his own tears shed for him, and many more had he shed himself. Being born before the recorded time of the great savior of men, he had seen the changes in what it was that man had come to know as the truth, and had often doubted the facts even when he lived through them himself. No, he is no silly myth like a vampire or other silly story. He was simply a man. A man trodding about a planet who grew small to him hundreds of years before. Now things that would be seen with amazement and awe were merely distractions for him. Sometimes he was lucky enough to have a good time with his distractions, but often they ended in heartache. If by sometimes one was to mean every time he found one to give his heart too, which unfortunately for him was all to often.

                When Markus was just a boy, he had his first run in with affairs of the heart, and the great joys they can bring. He was unprepared for the hardships they could bring forth as well. It was a girl his own age named Agape Pherenike. They both worked for the vintner in their home town. She was a year younger than he, and was still playful after a days work. Her hair would often hang down over one eye, contrary to popular styles of the time. He fell deeply for her, and thought that some day they might wed. It was during a cold snap that Agape fell to a coughing sickness. Markus spent all the time at her parents home that he could, and it was with a heavy heart he watched her fade to a specter of the vibrant woman child that she was before. She passed one day while he was in the fields. It was a hard hit for him. He went to temple and asked that she be allowed to serve the goddess’s and gods as she had happily done here on earth. He prayed that she would wait for him, that they be united in spirit and when he passed, he would join her. It would seem, in some tragic way… his prayer was heard. Little did he know that her parents blamed him, and having beaten him to temple had together prayed that he would be forever punished him for the death of their oldest female child.

 

© 2013 TheGrizzly


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A good intro to a chapter. If there's more, be slow in revealing more of this characters background. Let it out slowly...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

TheGrizzly

10 Years Ago

good suggestion. thanks

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
1 Review
Added on December 18, 2013
Last Updated on December 18, 2013
Tags: sin eater, immortal, greek, suffering

Author

TheGrizzly
TheGrizzly

Claycomo, MO



About
TheGrizzly dabbles in everything from poetry to four manuscripts, with many things in between. more..

Writing