Why I'm Up Here.

Why I'm Up Here.

A Story by Allie Pie
"

An old one of mine, hope you like it!

"

It's freezing up here. The wind is punching me in the face over and over again. I can't breathe very well either. I'm not sure if this is due to the fact that I'm 30 stories high or that the 28 pain killers I've taken are sticking to my throat and choking me. I stop and listen for a moment... What can I hear? I hear the howling of sirens, screaming; probably that of a prostitute. Cars crawling, the humming buzz of drunks chattering and cursing... these are the noises of my city, my fair and beautiful city... and people wonder why I'm up here. Every night I listen and hear my poisoned city cry "What have you done to me?!" and I reply "I'm so sorry". Most people have found a way to live with this ruined city; they don't listen. They don't hear.
I can almost remember (but only a vivid memory, like that of a dream) how my city used to be; a beautiful place, an innocent place. A place where kids of just 11 were able to walk the streets alone. But it was destroyed... and I helped destroy it. Now, on the roof of this building, I look down and mourn over the grave that is my city.
"We need a hero" I hear you say... Someone like me, perhaps? Maybe. But it just wouldn't work; the 28 painkillers I mentioned earlier are already taking their toll and within 2 or 3 hours I'll probably be dead... or at least unconscious. Maybe the next fool who comes up here with my intentions will stop and see more to my city, will dig deeper and strive to discover it's sweet centre... or maybe they too will see only it's disgusting and sour exterior. Yes, this city needs a vigilante, but it won't be me.
Now I hear you question "why? What have you done to deserve this fate?" The treacheries I have committed against my poor city are great and vile. The shame of them haunts me every day. "What treacheries?" I here you cry in anticipation.

Well, my anonymous friend, you will never know...

© 2014 Allie Pie


Author's Note

Allie Pie
Criticise criticise!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

For what this is, it's very good. Rather wispy, but generally a good message.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Allie Pie

10 Years Ago

Again, this is another short I wrote when I was around the age of 14 or 15 (like Th Hold-Up) but I'm.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
1 Review
Added on May 12, 2014
Last Updated on May 12, 2014
Tags: suicide pain vigilante hero city

Author

Allie Pie
Allie Pie

About
18, INFJ, Aries, and just a little bit weird... Amateur poet and writer... Very amateur... My inspitarions are John Keats, Robert Frost, Ian McEwan, J. D. Salinger, Vladimir Nabakov and many more... more..

Writing
The Hold Up The Hold Up

A Story by Allie Pie