Forgotten Souls

Forgotten Souls

A Story by TheLilBitz
"

A short story about a woman who has no other priority than to make someone else feel the same pain she did.

"

By: Alexa Ertwine & Chyna Haley

 

            It all started with the water… A beautiful blue glistening pool that now seems murky gray and black. The world held so much light but now it is just a black abyss. I had a beautiful family on the brink of beginning, had the perfect white wedding that turned to a dark funeral. Walking across a lake side on a cool September day I looked into the water… the water that took his damn life. I gazed into the water not to see my perfect Nathan, but saw his last breath rising to the surface. I called out his name hoping that if he heard my voice he would come back to me… but no such miracle happened.

            And here I am standing in these woods because I fear to return because if I do it may consume what is left of my life. I see these women, these beautiful women and their husbands. When I set my eyes upon them all I can do is think of hateful things. All I want to do is make them gasp for air just like my beloved Nathan. If I can’t have a perfect life why should they? Here they are now all alone to greet their men. But what if they never returned would anyone look for them would anyone care?

Would their men round up search parties and look for them or would they just sit around move along and find a new wife? I decided to test this; their lives would be in my hands not the hands of God… God can bite me! God cheated me out of my life I think I am entitled to take a few. So I strolled up to the women in my black evening attire contrasting her deep crimson morning ware. I took her elegant swan like neck into my hands, and in doing this she took a gasping breath that I could feel on my fingertips. Another woman �"allegedly a friend- darted up the dirt path, with a shocked looking expression plastered on her face. The women forcibly grabbed my body and threw me into a nearby bush.

My eyes priced into them like daggers into flesh. As she tried to escape I swept out her legs, as a man would, I swept her off her feet, like the old saying. Her screech rang throughout the forest, as if she were a kind of dieing animal. The other woman paused in sheer shock and terror, afraid to move a muscle. I took the momentum of the moment, springing to my feet and striking her in her colorless face. In an instant she lifted her dress and kicked me in my chin. Dancer, I thought bitterly, what a fool showing off her body like that!

As the two women darted off I thought, ‘they’re going the wrong way, there’s still time. I discovered them in a nearby hollow, the ground rose above them, the perfect place, there’s no easy escape. I advanced on them, laughing, almost manically. They babbled to each other, about silly almost unimportant things that could not save them from the situation. In a moment of insanity, I saw their carcasses, joyously, laying in the indented hollow. I know they heard my presence, I wanted them to, I wanted them to scream my name on Nathan’s behalf. I wanted them to scream out in fear, so loudly that their husbands could hear them. They’d run futilely to save them from the crazy monster that was me, their efforts would be fruitless.

Sometimes I think of a happier time, when I never dreamed of doing this but now it’s what I craved. I had become the black unmerciful water, and I’m beginning to enjoy it. They cried out to me, something I wanted to hear, it was music to me, like Beethoven’s symphonies.

“Why are you doing this!?” What did we do to you to deserve this pain?!” The Woman Cried.

My reply bit into them, like I was some rabid dog on the streets, “Have you ever felt the chilliness of the cold water? In life there is death, why try to avoid it? You cannot sit here and say your life is unfulfilled. There’s always pain in life, and it is unsure of who will receive it.”

The second woman covered her mouth, tears fell from cloudy eyes.

“You’re an animal” The first woman cried.

“Animal? No I’m not the animal. They’ll come later to eat up your remains” I smiled a sadistic grin.

After a few suppressed sobs the second girl vomited as if she drank curdled milk. In a reaction the first woman also vomited. This was beginning to irk me, the two should have been dead by now. I had to do something and now. Quickly I unsheathed a knife that was contained in a calf holster. The two gasped and backed away.

“Who’s first?” I smirked.

Glancing franticly to find a way out, they could find no escape. There was only one thing left to do disarm me. I approached them, flipping the knife in my fingers to taunt, this as going to be relieving, I charged, the knife pierced into soft silky flesh and I laughed as blood poured out of her body and into frail hands. She fell to the floor and even as she plunged to the floor she looked graceful, I hated her for that. As I stood in joy as I felt something heavy almost unreal on my back. A shrill voice pierced in my ear and hands dived for the blade. Oddly she had more strength than I would have imagined. The last thing I remember feeling was warmth in the pit of my stomach and I faintly saw the girl dash away. Death welcomed me with open arms, as if Nathan was welcoming me by his side.

 

But death wasn’t what I had hoped; I never met my sweet Nathan. Now, I haunt these woods, and tear apart beautiful couples who wander the night……

 

The End   

© 2013 TheLilBitz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very relevant and interesting take on the outlooks of life. You can either keep going forward and roll with the punches, or stay stuck with bitterness and try to make everyone as unhappy as you. Interesting story

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
1 Review
Added on January 12, 2013
Last Updated on January 12, 2013
Tags: forgotten, souls, love, lost, ghost, thriller

Author

TheLilBitz
TheLilBitz

About
the names alexa art is my passion im an artist and welp thats about it. o and im a lesbian more..

Writing