THE MOON AND THE SPARROW

THE MOON AND THE SPARROW

A Poem by NeiL ArandA
"

...

"

 

 

The Moon And The Sparrow

 

A lone sparrow sits by himself

atop the branch of Acacia tree.

Longing for a love that would never be,

a mate for him, he would never see.


Looking up into the sky,
to the heavens he casts,
his deep long sigh.
"To what shall I compare thee" ?

You are the moon,
and I’m but a distant solitary star.

 Gazing and marveling at the beauty

and brightness of your yellow light.

 

Amongst vast grandeur

of heavenly, you are adored.

Coveted for your alluring glow,

talent and exquisity.

 

To what shall I compare me ?
I am but a mere candle in the wind.

A faint flicker,
in the coldest and blackest sea

... 

 

by Neil ArandA  10/27/13

 

 

© 2015 NeiL ArandA


Author's Note

NeiL ArandA


Words and thoughts inspired by Belle's poems and writings.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Neil, you gave me honor more than I deserve, I do not even know exactly how to accept all your kind words. Believe me, the poet behind those poems is also an apprentice of the masters from the past and is still trying so hard to find her own voice. The thing I believe that makes her "different" ( as you have said) is the world she lives in and how she manage to look at the unfair side in a different perspective - and that what comes out in her every poem. Apart from that nothing more is especial, you and her are both stars "gazing and marveling at the beauty and brightness of every yellow light ".

And do you know that you impressed her with your 8 series of reviews in just one afternoon! All are in depth- look on each of her poem--you, too, have an impressive mind! Please know that...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
NeiL ArandA

8 Years Ago

Giving my sole credit and honor to the muse of this piece. Its amazing how a simple mediocre poet wr.. read more



Reviews

A amazing poem. Each set of lines could stand alone as poetry.
"To what shall I compare me ?
I am but a mere candle in the wind.
A faint flicker,
in the coldest and blackest sea."
The above lines stood out to me. You said so much in the statements. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


NeiL ArandA

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much Cayote Poetry for these tender and motivating words. I really owe you one for thes.. read more
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You are welcome. I enjoy your work.
To love someone from afar, where they are everything that lights the sky, and you feel like nothing more than a pair of watching eyes... With hope, the light will someday reach you , and you too will be seen as a moon... Anyway, the images you drew here created a lovely tale of unrequited love... But I think, it is better for love to be unrequited, than to never exist at all...

Posted 10 Years Ago


NeiL ArandA

10 Years Ago

Thanks HK for this sweet review and kind words You grasped the feelings and laments of the sparrow ... read more
This is perfectly lovely Neil, darkly reminiscing unrequited love. Music is perfect too. Sigh.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
An adorable write that is fitting for a great muse or inspirational voice and befitting as far as words and imagery. Sooo touching and lovely...Excellent...:).......................

Posted 10 Years Ago


NeiL ArandA

10 Years Ago

Thanks a bunch Sami. You are like a sunrise on this site. Faithful and consistent!
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

Wow. Thank you kindly...You are welcome...:)...................
I take it change in font is for Belle - that makes sense, but for some reason I find the red candle distracting. Other than that, it is a beautiful write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


NeiL ArandA

10 Years Ago

KLG thanks for your sweet curiosity. Ok ...you have a good point. I will have it change. I'll take i.. read more
conveys longing and loneliness. someone wanting to find love but thinks they aren't worthy of it. that's a beautiful picture, by the way. it's perfect for your poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago


NeiL ArandA

10 Years Ago

Thanks Moc , sorry for the late reply . I appreciate you so much . Please be sure of that ...
the moon is enigmatic and fascinating in every phase. Perhaps, the sparrow may not be able to reach the moon in her domain but the moon at least accompanied him in its loneliness through her light. in real life, however, i don't find sense in comparing two unlike entities/creatures. we have our own individual strength and weaknesses. Heartwarming tribute to a beautiful individual who had touch your life.

Posted 10 Years Ago


NeiL ArandA

10 Years Ago

Gab ..I missed this one . But my sincerest appreciation to all your insightful reviews. I think I ge.. read more
Yeah .. It does really work. I can feel the darkness of the write. First off, i'd love saying the pic. you pasted is very beautiful and well fitted with the words. Secondly, the theme, the concept's very you know kinda dark-type means .. very silent, smooth, peaceful, lone like that. Your stuffs're really very powerful and artistrically written. What I think is that you really should go with your this writing talent. Your cool.

Keep on!

Posted 10 Years Ago


NeiL ArandA

10 Years Ago

Thanks Prince Neo. Sorry for not replying in a timely manner to your review. Your review really rock.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
lei
what a beautiful tribute, Neil!

Posted 10 Years Ago


NeiL ArandA

10 Years Ago

Thanks Lei...appreciate your time reading this piece.
You know...I think that we can all relate to this in terms of metaphor. We are all waiting for that "thing" that will make us whole--for some of us it is love, for some, it is something else. Nevertheless, I believe that longing is part of human nature, and you have shown this quite well with this piece...the imagery brought home your concept.

Posted 10 Years Ago


NeiL ArandA

10 Years Ago

Ms Sarah, I thank you so much for your lovely thoughts on this piece.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

915 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on October 28, 2013
Last Updated on May 9, 2015
Tags: Conversation with the Moon, Talented Poet, Admiration

Author

NeiL ArandA
NeiL ArandA

Pearl of the Orient Seas



About
JESUS AND THE SPARROWS Consider The Sparrow Here Jesus was walking alone along the Mediterranean Sea near Tiberius in the northern part of Israel and He offers seeds to some sparrows searchi.. more..

Writing
ABSCOND ABSCOND

A Poem by NeiL ArandA



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..