TUMBLEWEEDS

TUMBLEWEEDS

A Poem by NeiL ArandA
"

Brother Where Art Thou ?

"



Tumbleweeds


My thoughts travels back again in time

as I reach into the dim lit closet of my mind.

Your passionate pursuit stunned

my once rogue and rebellious spirit

which drove me on top of star apple tree.

You came to bring light and life

into my dark and empty soul.


But what Zacchaeus climbed to see

I did not seek nor saw that day.

So I hang on for dear life

to the swaying branches of my dead faith.

Concealed by the canopies of my self-righteous pride

as you repeatedly call out my name.


And I went on and paraded with the Chaldeans.

Spitefully mocking your new-found creed.

Trampling the seed you wanted to sow like swine

with my ignorance and utter indifference.

Chanting with the crowd my mantra - " A COMPLETE

WASTE OF MY TIME ! "


Then the wind of change came blowing in my direction

as I struggle to make sense of what you're professing.

I trailed behind like bloodhound sniffing your heavenly perfume.

But lost track of your scent in the place where you have gone -

a land flowing with milk and honey.


Subtly you have been enticed by its deceptive glitters.

Snared by its passing allure. Causing me to wonder

as tumbleweeds rolls down the dirt road of reality

of your dry and dusty life.

Leaving me not with an exclamation 

but a question of your genuine conversion.


As the faint fragrance of your once sweet cologne

slowly dissipates on the streets of no return.

Packs of stray dogs licks with you

the vomit you regurgitated beside the mud

with a smirk on their snarly face.


But here I am  once again walking through

the back roads of your birthplace.

Signs of overgrowth and neglect blocks

the once clear path leading to your prestigious monolith.

Still a small obtunded fig tree remain standing there .

Its twisted roots wedge by rocks to where it was sown.

And tall weeds obscure your once prominent home.


I knelt there bewildered

while my hand brush away the moss 

that covers the intricate letters engraved carefully

by Someone through that solid granite stone.


My heart aches with sorrow that I myself couldn't put in words.

While the clouds sympathize with me with an overcast sky.

Partially blocking the sun that passes through your sparse leaves.

I look up with sadness in my face

for I have not seen a single fruit hanging from your nimble bough.

 

Though the ground from where you lay

is soaked with so much rain ...


by NeiL ArandA  06/02/2015

© 2016 NeiL ArandA


Author's Note

NeiL ArandA
Zacchaeus - is a vertically and horizontally challenge man from Jericho who is the chief tax collector for the Roman government. He became rich by defrauding his own people. Repugnant to the masses, he saw his life without purpose and meaning until he heard about Jesus passing through Jericho and had a curiosity to see what He look like. To get through the towering crowd, he climbed a sycamore tree to get a good view of Him. Jesus saw him and called him by name though they've never met and he came down the tree a changed man. From greedy to generous Zacchaeus.

Tumbleweed believers is an oxymoron, meaning it’s self-contradictory. A tumbleweed is an unattractive, troublesome plant that rolls around. Having no root, it’s simply tossed about by the wind. A Genuine believer in Christ, on the other hand, is one who has a firm foundation and is deeply rooted in God.

Tumbleweed believers have not allowed their ROOTS to sink deep into the fertile soil of truth. They have childish behavior. They get easily offended and pack their dolls and marbles and run off to another church. If they didn’t get their way.

Tumbleweed believers begin to ROAM when confronted by a little pressure which uproots them. They were blown by the wind and are helpless to decide their own ROUTE. They are in and out and come and go. They spread their unwanted seeds at RANDOM when they began to associate more with the world.

I’m reminded of so many people I’ve met over the years who have disenfranchised themselves from the body of believers. Someone hurt them and they are bitter about an event that took place or happened in the past. The list goes on and on. Let’s not allow that bitter seed to take root. Shake off everything that happened in the past, settle in, and begin to grow again.

Let’s determine to allow our roots to grow deep in Christ and don’t let anything or anyone blow you off course. Align yourself with believers who are deeply rooted, continually growing, and ever producing fruit for the Kingdom...


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very interesting narrative, Neil. This is inspiring story of one's journey towards spiritual awakening/conversion. By the way, stanza 5 onwards reminded me of your Cedar of Lebanon. I believe that we still put high premium on integrity these days , which is why we often get disillusioned when the people we admire most conduct themselves in contrary to what they teach. But then, there's always a defense for such misgivings as stated in certain verse, we can follow what they say but not their example.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

NeiL ArandA

9 Years Ago

You saw the similarities Gab. That was a very good observation. There's a connection. This piece is.. read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
NeiL ArandA

9 Years Ago

P.S. I forgot to mention Gab. There's this one young classmates of mine who was so passionate and pe.. read more



Reviews

Very interesting narrative, Neil. This is inspiring story of one's journey towards spiritual awakening/conversion. By the way, stanza 5 onwards reminded me of your Cedar of Lebanon. I believe that we still put high premium on integrity these days , which is why we often get disillusioned when the people we admire most conduct themselves in contrary to what they teach. But then, there's always a defense for such misgivings as stated in certain verse, we can follow what they say but not their example.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

NeiL ArandA

9 Years Ago

You saw the similarities Gab. That was a very good observation. There's a connection. This piece is.. read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
NeiL ArandA

9 Years Ago

P.S. I forgot to mention Gab. There's this one young classmates of mine who was so passionate and pe.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2984 Views
1 Review
Added on June 2, 2015
Last Updated on September 10, 2016
Tags: Lukewarm, Backsliding, Apostasy

Author

NeiL ArandA
NeiL ArandA

Pearl of the Orient Seas



About
JESUS AND THE SPARROWS Consider The Sparrow Here Jesus was walking alone along the Mediterranean Sea near Tiberius in the northern part of Israel and He offers seeds to some sparrows searchi.. more..

Writing
ABSCOND ABSCOND

A Poem by NeiL ArandA