Lost

Lost

A Story by Broken Child
"

short story of a lost girl

"

Once upon a time, there was a girl. Her hair flowed in the wind like ocean waves against the shore, her eyes sparkled like diamonds which glittered the sky. Her skin was soft to touch, her smile as calm as the moon above the sea. The girl knew many people: friends, family, lovers. If you asked them what they thought of her, they would say pretty, nice, caring �" perhaps even, Perfect.


But, sadly, in this world, perfection does not exist...


Her hair tangled like lost currents, a rip in the ocean crashing on sharp rocks. Her eyes seemed deep and helpless, asking the question she already knew the answer to. Her skin was broken, torn. Ripped like the the bracelet she threw to the floor. Her smile, what used to be so calm, was now a fake. Her family, friends, lovers; She had none. Those who she had, she pushed away. Never meaning to; These things just happen to people like this. Lost people. Others would look at her and never look beneath the surface. They were fooled by her fake perfection.


But, sadly, in this world, perfect people get lost.


Because they're not perfect at all.


They're broken.

Torn.

Sad.

Lost.


Lost, not by the fork in the road. Not by the map that got ripped away from your fingertips. Not by those who gave wrong directions. Lost inside. Lost in the heart. The heart that so desperately wants to reach out and find its path, but it has none to reach out to. So the heart grows tired of trying. The heart gives up. The heart, stops.


The lost girl never found her way. The lost girl never found her path. The lost girl lies with a smile on her face, beneath a polished rock on the dusty earth.

© 2013 Broken Child


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This really conveys the sadness of the subject well with its' visceral imagery. Nicely done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
1 Review
Added on April 1, 2013
Last Updated on April 1, 2013
Tags: lost, broken, torn, sad, depressed, girl

Author

Broken Child
Broken Child

New Zealand



About
Recovering... more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Broken Child


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Broken Child