All I can do is pray.

All I can do is pray.

A Poem by TheLostMind
"

Please rate and comment.. :)

"
I always believed that in life, we suffer because of our actions.. I was always under the impression that in the end, we will have to face the consequences of our actions.. "Our" actions. But today, I heard something that tugged on my heartstrings. My understanding that only "we" decide our fate is completely wrong..
Life is a wicked b***h who likes to play with the innocent..Testing them.. Teasing them.. Playing with them until they break down..


 
                                  






******** All I can do is pray *******

Her past tries to hunt her down..
Her future is a dark alley..
Her present poisons her innocent mind..
And tries to lead her astray..

Lost she is in this cruel world..
Suffering, night and day.. 
Distrust pervades her wounded heart.
So, all I can do is pray..


Yet, she fights..
Her spirit, refuses to break..
And You stand there, wondering..
How much can she take?.

The Truth stings my heart.. and I cry in dismay..
Whose mistakes were they?..And who stands in fray?
I wish I could help her.. comfort her in some way...
Yet, from here, all I can do is pray..

Too long has she suffered.. too long has her heart bled..
Stumbling, falling... she fights when most of us would have fled...
So, here I stand, seeking justice in her stead.
Leave her alone!.. Play with me instead!!..

© 2015 TheLostMind


Author's Note

TheLostMind





My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Before I say anything, what should I call you? :)

This is a fine masterpiece. From the opening message, to the picture depicted, to the actual words. The opening message really rendered me speechless and left me wondering.

I really hope this is a certain someone saying this about me. Haha! That is how much I loved it. You managed to strike my sensitive spot, and got me to ride one emotional roller coaster. There is such a pain behind these words that one cannot explain. I am one for depressing poems such as this one. And might I add, I give you credit for the rhyming scheme... oh, how I love them.

"Leave her alone!.. Play with me instead!.." Final blow right there; favorite line as well.

Thank you for sharing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

You can call me TheLostMind(TLM or whatever you like :P). There's nothing in a name :P. Thank you Af.. read more
Afraa

9 Years Ago

You're very welcome. It is one the truest pieces I have read in a while.
TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

Thank you (again) :)



Reviews

Wow…

We all wish we could (and would) do more for those souls who keeping standing through the raging storm.

Posted 9 Years Ago


TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

yep.. I am doing all those things. . :)
MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

Me too. :)
TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

Great :)...
that's what s wrong with America today they kicked prayer out of every thing
a great write

Posted 9 Years Ago


TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

Thanks wordman :)
 wordman

9 Years Ago

your welcome
Such a beautiful, compassionate and moving poem that moved my heart so deeply ... thank you sharing this amazing piece ... :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

I will be flitting about your poems later today Ma'am.. Thanks again :)
Tiana

9 Years Ago

Sweet :) My name is Tiana and it's a pleasure to meet you :)
TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

It's a pleasure to meet you Tiana :)
Oh my friend, this is so touching.. The compassion and concern drips from every line with such powerful emotion.. not only is this written well, it has such a depth that tugs on the heartstrings of the readers.. I felt every word.. never heard this song.. fitting.. I liked it.. well done!
((hugs)) you are a true friend..

Posted 9 Years Ago


TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

Well. I actually care about what( at least) one other person thinks..
AprilRN1210

9 Years Ago

I can understand and actually relate, but ultimately we write for ourselves.. just reminding you of .. read more
TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

I don't get it.. :(
You can't hear it, but I'm applauding you.

Posted 9 Years Ago


TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

Thank you :)
What a hearfelt write! I tend to delve heavily in the world on ideas and sometimes I get cold inwardly and I guess outwardly too so when I encounter this type of writing I feel the warmth the desire to embrace. True there is a palpable amount of impotence felt. As the subject seems in the distance and as the narrator confesses all he can do is pray. Not worth to go into the value of prayer but rather to imbue oneself in the valid desire to comfort someone who needs it, to aliviate in any shape or form the difficulties felt by a friend by a close one by another human being.

On a more technical note is interesting how you tried to convey the length of the phrase by letting them resound without a full stop. As if they would then resound even more convincingly.

Lets hope this words may reach her.

Thank you.


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

Thanks for this fantastic review Rene. I really appreciate it. You have put a smile on my face. I .. read more

4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1598 Views
36 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on January 28, 2015
Last Updated on January 28, 2015
Tags: poem

Author

TheLostMind
TheLostMind

About
I love reading poems. I will be reviewing your poems / stories as and when I get some time. I like honest reviews, so expect my reviews to be honest. If I have reviewed your poem, I have done it becau.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mirrored Moon Mirrored Moon

A Poem by ANTO


Distance Distance

A Poem by A. Amos