An Ocean Of Love

An Ocean Of Love

A Poem by TheLostMind
"

Well?..

"
Deafening silence.. Fills her mind..
Dreams and illusions... Shadow reality..

Beautiful bird.. Wounded heart...
Yearning.. To fly again...

An ocean of love... Found and lost..
Thirsty.. For just one drop..

Wings clipped.. Legs chained..
And a home that lies.. Oceans apart...

Fighting against Time.. Against life..
While they tease and test.. Her heart..

Chilling winds...  Destructive storms..
She braves them all.. With a smile...


Mad hope... Blinds my eyes...
As I try in vain.. With my soul and heart...

My delusional mind.. Walks the path..
Still denying.. That it's lost...

Confused, it wanders.. Embracing insanity..
As I walk a fine line... Between reality and sanity...

© 2015 TheLostMind


Author's Note

TheLostMind
Please review and comment.. Thank You :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is beautiful. The only thing I would suggest is change "it's" in line 16, to "it is". This just makes the poem flow a little nicer for me :) This is such a sad poem but so wonderfully written that I can't help but like it. If this is about you, I'm sorry that you have to feel this way. It gets easier! :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

Thank you River :)I am glad you liked it.. I appreciate your kind words and concern.. Thanks again :.. read more
kaila

9 Years Ago

"it's" line 16 seemed to flow fine to me. Neat poem. Enjoyable read. Thank you.
TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

Thank you :)



Reviews

Ah, relatable words, they mean so much to me seeing them from others. Beautifully phrased, and wonderfully straightforward, just my style. Seeing others pain hurts, but at the same time, they make me feel less alone, thank you for sharing your works with us.

Posted 7 Years Ago


TheLostMind

7 Years Ago

Thank you for this wonderful review :)
An ocean of love that has been calmed as well as filled with waves so high that they at times seem to engulf one as they have the power to remind us to question what is sane, what is insane, what is real, what is an illusion. I like the format you have used, I like better the thoughts you present; thirsty, wings clipped, chilling winds, yet she braves them all. The other can't, though the effort is put forth. Love is like that. It is sad when one seems to triumph, and the other sinks in despair.

Posted 8 Years Ago


just looking at the layout and the colours, one can clearly see that you've put a lot of work into this amazing poem.
beautiful. nothing more to say.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Please don't think I am doing something called RR.But as a new friend,it really intrigued me to open and exploit the talent in your fridge haha.Now,coming to this I would say,it appears to be some sort of urge which is not leading to a right path.Everything is in a perplexed state,muddled up.This is what makes us modern readers,to relate.Hard-hitting and fantastic job:)

Posted 8 Years Ago


TheLostMind

8 Years Ago

I know I have been running in the wrong direction. .
"My delusional mind.. Walks the path..read more
Wow this poem is just so beautiful. The descriptions are so clear. I love the use of the full stops. I think you are a very talented writer.

Posted 8 Years Ago


TheLostMind

8 Years Ago

Thank you :). . You flatter me a lot :)
"Deafening silence.. Fills her mind..
Dreams and illusions... Shadow reality.."

Love this write. Beautifully written- a sophisticataed, yet complex and tangled piece. It's dark, definitely pulls at the soul.

Posted 8 Years Ago


TheLostMind

8 Years Ago

Thank you :). I am glad to hear that my write tugged at your soul :)
jdr / Jennifer

8 Years Ago

You are an amazing writer- your poem definitely provoked emotion, an emotion that I could relate to... read more
TheLostMind

8 Years Ago

I thought you meant "it pulls at the heart ". Frankly, they mean the same. . I am flattered by your .. read more
Well, you ask? I'll tell you well,

Well.... this poem is absolutely amazing. The first thing that got me hooked was the soothing font colors, very good choice, I must say! But don't even get me started on how much the content mesmerized me. The poem itself has many things going for it; the emotions and the vocab are just two things I can think of. I'm also impressed by how well you did using mostly fragmented thoughts. THAT is truly something hard to really pull off! I have to admit, I usually approach love poems skeptically, because a lot of them are just the same clichéd thing over and over again, but its ones like this that still give me hope for the love poem genre. This is breathtaking. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

TheLostMind

8 Years Ago

Thank you Dan, for this amazing review. I loved your detailed explanation of what you liked in my p.. read more
Love changes its tune sometimes...
I like this, it's contrast and imagery are very good.

Posted 8 Years Ago


TheLostMind

8 Years Ago

Thank you Julia . I am glad you liked this one :)
The ache that this piece leaves in the heart....you are really good with words . Keep writing and Thnxs for sharing....

Posted 8 Years Ago


TheLostMind

8 Years Ago

Thank You. Your kind words are much appreciated :)
Flutterby aish

8 Years Ago

:D Welcome!
The use of the different colored fonts is very effective. Palpable heartache and emotional strife throughout your poem. When the one you love is gone, the world is not a pretty place to be. Well written. Lydi**

Posted 9 Years Ago


TheLostMind

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2061 Views
48 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on March 15, 2015
Last Updated on March 15, 2015
Tags: Love, Lost, sad

Author

TheLostMind
TheLostMind

About
I love reading poems. I will be reviewing your poems / stories as and when I get some time. I like honest reviews, so expect my reviews to be honest. If I have reviewed your poem, I have done it becau.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Love Smoke Love Smoke

A Poem by Paul Bell