Mommy's Little Disaster

Mommy's Little Disaster

A Poem by Victoria Harlequin
"

I was actually influenced to write this, I'd like to thank all of the mothers out there who let their daughters grow up to soon! Give yourselves a pat on the back! :D [Sarcasm to the extremeee]

"

 

Mommy’s Little Disaster
 
Mommy’s little girl was only seven
She had the world, her little heaven
Her room was filled with toys
And other unnecessary childish things
Sesame Street was always on the TV set
And she was spoiled as ever
On her eighth birthday
Mommy’s little girl wanted Barbie
So Mommy got it for her
Even though it was a plastic piece of crap
Years passed and the little girl grew
She seen her chest and said, “Hmm…that’s new”
Still so young at the age of eleven
The little girl began to watch boys
Delight filled her eyes when they watched back
Mommy’s little girl wanted one of her own
So Mommy granted her wish
Although she was scared for her little girl
Time flies when you’re having fun!
Says the little girl on the run
She knew that her body was bangin’
Now, when she turned fifteen
Little girl had the boys in the bag
Was a well known volleyball player
But it was almost her sweet sixteen
Mommy’s little girl wanted that nice car
So, yes you guessed it, Mommy got it
No matter what bad thoughts roamed in her head
It was four years ago now
When little girl questioned ‘how?’
It was an accident; she didn’t mean to fail school
Or get into trouble from drunk driving
She was lost in confusion and anger
Ah, high school was a blast though
Who cares that she didn’t go to college?
Mommy’s little girl wanted to let go of life
Well, ‘if that’s what she wants’ Mommy thought
 
 
Mommy’s little girl didn’t die, but she gave up what her life could’ve been
Maybe parents should do what’s better for their children and not what they want…
 

 

 

© 2009 Victoria Harlequin


Author's Note

Victoria Harlequin
Ignore the grammar issues! Give me your opinion

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

thats sooo true... i like it... if my dad hadnt forbid me from doin things who knew where i would be

Posted 14 Years Ago


i really like this! good job! keep writing!

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is great! I love how real it is. Some parents are too concerned with making sure their children have everything they want that they don't notice the things children need. They would rather be their child's best friend than be the disciplinarian. Nice work!

-Howl

Posted 15 Years Ago


"Maybe parents should do what's better for their children and not what they want�"
I strongly agree, too many parents are concerned about being accepted in the "cool" eyes of their children they don't want to not give them everything they ask for. Great job, I like this a lot.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is a great poem! So true, very well written, I liked it a lot!
The words that were crossed out, colored and otherwise made to stick out added really well to the plot! Kudos, kudos!
The end was a little abrupt. What I'd like to know is what could have been...could you shed some light on that maybe? It ended a bit soon, this material is so good you could really continue on with it.
Applause for you, applause!

Scott

Posted 15 Years Ago


Yes, this is sad and happens far too often in today's world. It doesn't need to be this way. I think this is a good remind to all parents out there, not just the mothers. Great subject for a poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Read Pratibha's "Life Beckons" for another verse of this song.
What I want to know is not poetry related, it's computer-related! How do you multiple characters in a single space (the strikevers)? I have one French friend and sevral Hispanic, and I've long wanted to include the 'accents graves" and the 'tildes' that are a part of their written language. Does it require a special software, or is it juast a keyboard technique of which I am presently unaware?
I'm sorry, I know this would have been better in a PM, rather han the Comments page...

Posted 15 Years Ago


WOW!I've seen that happen so many times it's sickening.
Very well written
and it's a beautiful idea with the color and all.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like your writing a whole lot; and, this is the very first one of yours that I've just gone and read. I find it really very easy, indeed, to be able to relate to and identify with.

Myself, I must confess, that I was brought up totally spoiled; you see, I was an only child; therefore, I had no siblings to go struggle with and fight against; instead, I was just handed absolutely everything I ever needed in life on a plate. To outsiders, this all looks really great for me; like I got life really easy!

But, to me, deep down it well and truly 'hurts'...as I just don't know how to survive on my own living in the 'real' world; because I don't know how to fight or stick up for myself; whenever I find myself being faced with any sort of conflict, then, I usually tend to run the other way as far and as fast as possible; after all, I never grew up having to fight for absolutely anything?!

In the 'real' world...that is, outside of my very giving family...I've frequently found that people aren't always so extremely generous or kind; in fact, they can be totally downright mean and merciless-like if I was feeling really thirsty and wanted nothing more than a drink of water-then, I'd have to go 'pay' for it; they would not give it to you for free/nor out of any mere pity!

Otherwise, if you either lived or died; then, they really couldn't care less; most likely, if you did die; then, they wouldn't bother enough to even blink an eye; but, instead, the whole world would just keep on turning just as it did before!

I still find it really hard to take in that I'm not always everybody's absolute center of attention; and, that in the 'real' world, you not only make friends/but, also, loads of enemies, as well.

I guess, I'm like a kid that never ever grew up; and, furthermore, don't want to! Quite honestly, to tell you the truth, I don't think I ever will grow up; because when you've lived your whole entire life being totally spoiled rotten; then, it's just next to impossible to come down from off that extremely high pedestal; who the hell wants to go take 2nd place; instead, I always want and do fully expect to come nothing else, but, 1st! Call me selfish, maybe; but, that's just the way it, quite honestly, is.

The thing that scares me most is that Death is a reality for old folks; and, so, I frequently wonder what if my parents were not there to support me anymore; then, how would I ever manage to survive?! And, frankly, I can't see any clear answer to that; my belief is if they die; then, I die; simple as that. I'd most probably end up committing suicide though simply just not knowing how to survive on my own???!!! So, yes, I guess, it really is very bad getting overly spoiled.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Ahaha, the spoiled child. I believe my brother has been diagosed with this.
Good poem, with a nice moral tied into it. Parents sometimes miss the fact that they are the parent, not their child's best friend. It's important to say 'no' and not always give the child what he or she wants. No use in rambling about that, so I'll get off my 'soap box'.
A delightful poem, and nicely written.
Cheers.

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

625 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 11, 2009
Last Updated on June 12, 2009

Author

Victoria Harlequin
Victoria Harlequin

Come away with me to never never land so I can run when you try to rape me, MI



About
Nazario S. [IMH] Ser fuerte para su papa y su verdadero familia Well let's see, I enjoy writing (poetry, blah blah) for one. I've been writing for quite some time, and if you were t.. more..

Writing