Assassins

Assassins

A Story by ThePuppet28
"

Not going to lie, it's based off of The Elder Scrolls series Dark Brotherhood. This is just the beginning of it, I wanted to see what people think of it before I go posting the entire thing.

"

I pressed closer to the cold cave wall as I held my breath. “Come on! She couldn’t have gotten too far!” one of the men shouts. I gasp as I see a light from one of their torches come into the cavern I’m hiding in. “Anything?” one of them shout. “Nothing, where could she have gotten to?” the man shouts to whoever yelled to him. “She must know this cave better then us, who knows how long she has been hiding here.” a female voice says. They’re too close for comfort. I grip my knife as I wait to hear if one of them comes closer. They’re right though, I have been hiding here for a while, ever since I was a child. These men and women expect me to pay back my fathers debt when I had nothing to do with it. Guess it doesn’t help that I killed one of them when I was a child…

            I hear foot steps as the light stays where it is. Oh no, they’re going to come in.

“Ey?” the man says, “Who are you?” What? Who are they talking to? Don’t they recognize their own men? I risk peaking my head around the corner as I hear another mans voice, his being slightly deeper than torchy say, “I should be asking you. Why are you hunting this woman?” I bite my lip as I take a look at them. Torchy is wearing fur armor, gloves and all, he must be from Bruma. The fur is white with a slight tint of red to it, the leather is brown with traces of dried blood on it, his red hair is long for a mercenary. The women, I recognize her…she’s the women who found me in Choral. Her brown hair is covered by a metal helmet. She is wearing a tanned leather skirt with metal cuffs and breast plates. They both have swords. The man whose voice I don’t recognize is wearing all black and is carrying a torch also. Is he part of them? He has a black hood up; I can’t see his face at all, other than his mouth, or any part of him really. His robe hides his figure, his black gloves hiding his hands. “What’s it to you?” torchy ask him. Could this hooded man be from the so called Dark Brotherhood? Do they even exist? No of course not, I have been praying to the so called Night Mother for years for her help to free me and she never sent anyone to help me or guided me to anywhere. Although…why else would he be wearing black at all?

 I hear the man chuckle as he smirks. I bite my lip. Maybe this is my chance to escape?

            I see the women shift her weight as the two men have a piss-stand off. Oh no…I move back to where I was hiding as someone grabs my wrist. I yelp as I turn towards the person who grabbed my wrist. It’s another hooded person! Who the hell is this? This one at least I can see their eyes and face. Her blue eyes are kind looking, her skin light colored, she must be a High Elf. “Who are you? What do you want?” I whisper as quietly and sternly as I can manage. I won’t lie, I haven’t been scared since I was a child, when the men showed up to kill my father but even then I concord it, but this women just flat out scares me.

           She puts a finger to her lips but it’s too late. I hear the women coming around the corner. “Oh!” she says with a smile, “There you are Mia! You’ve put up quit the chase all these twenty years.” I inhale sharply as I grip my knife tighter. The high elf pushes me behind her. How did she even get in here? There’s no other way into this cavern other than from where the women is.

These bandits don’t know when to quit. “Luke!” the women shouts, “Leave Mr. Creep alone! We’ve found her.” I see a smile cross her face as Torchy joins her. Where did black robe boy go? “Well,” says the High Elf, “this is different. You must be really special for us to be sent while you are being hunted, let alone two of us.” I look at her questioningly, what the hell is she talking about? Two of them? Special? What? “Step aside Assassin!” the women says as her and Torchy, Luke, draw their weapons, “She’s our prey!” I hear the High Elf snort, “She isn’t going any where with you.” I bite my lower lip as I feel a hand on my shoulder and a cold chill. I look and the black robe man shows up. He looks at me and I can’t help but blush. His eyes are cold, his skin slightly tinted like mine. He’s an Imperial too! I see him smile, but it doesn’t touch his eyes as he turns back to the bandits. I gulp as their buddies show up.

            “What are you two goofs doing?” says one of their buddies, their leader, “Kill her! And her friends.” “No…this is it for me isn’t it?” I whisper as I take a deep breath. I can feel the weird power of mine building up. “Ellis…” the Imperial says as I feel the High Elf shift. I don’t want to die, but I don’t want to use this power. I grip my head as I feel it building up. They’re fighting over…who is… “It’s beginning to be overwhelming.” I whisper. “Kill her!” one of them shouts. Who? I don’t know. I open my eyes as I see them coming towards us. It hurts. I put my hands up and shout; “Stop!” as I do, the pain leaves me as the men stop. “Girl.” their leader says as his men drop to the ground, “I don’t know how you did that, but I will kill you.” I don’t know what comes over me when this build up happens, but something does because I become brave no matter how I feel. I fling my knife at him, their leader steps to the side and catches it. “Heh.” He says as he looks at me, “Looks like you really want to die.” I release the breath I didn’t realize I was holding as the Imperial grabs my arm and shove me behind him and the High Elf. “I’m not sure why you want her,” the High Elf says as she draws out her bow, it’s enchanted I can feel the magic radiating off of it, “But the Night Mother has requested her specifically and we aim to please the Night Mother.” The Bandits Leaders stiffens. “Night Mother? So you two are from the Dark Brotherhood.” He says as he draws his sword, “No matter, I will have that bounty.” I gulp as I look from my two protectors. Who are these people? Are they even here to protect me or are they just going to kill me when they’re done with this man? The High Elf draws an arrow as the Imperial steps forward and like that they’re engaged in battle. As they fight, I slide along the wall. Maybe I can escape before these Dark Brotherhood people win or the bandit leader wins.

            I hear a gargle as I reach the cavern exit. The cave exit isn’t too far from here. I look back and see as the Imperial sheaths his sword, the High Elf putting her bow away. She looks at me and realizes what I am doing. “No wait!” she shouts as I take off. I can’t die, not by them. I have survived for so long on my own. I hear their foot steps hitting the water as I run towards the exit. I feel an arrow shoot pass me and I stop, turning around. It’s just the High Elf, but her bow isn’t drawn. I take a few steps back as she comes closer. “Please…” I say as I try to catch my breath. Why am I so scared? She smiles sweetly as she puts her hand out, “We aren’t here to kill you.” “Then why are you here?” I ask. I bite my lip as I grip my hair again, kneeling. “Mia what’s wrong?” the High Elf ask. I hear her coming closer. It’s building up already? “Stay away…” I whisper. “Mia please, we are here to help you.” I hear the High Elf say as she takes another step. I stand and yell at her, “STAY AWAY!” I feel the power release from me again, the High Elf kneeling, but she is still alive. What? That has never happened before. She’s clearly hurt though…this is my chance. I turn to leave when my hands are grasped. I gasp as I look up into the Imperial. S**t! Why didn’t I notice him gone? He leans downs and places his forehead on mine. “Mia…” he says as he smiles, his smile reaching his eyes. Why does he seem familiar and so friendly? I stare at him as I gulp. “It’s been years since I’ve seen you, but I thought you would recognize me.” the Imperial says, “We use to steal from shops together as kids, becoming conmen and stealing from Counts even.” I gasp as I close my eyes, remembering my childhood.

© 2016 ThePuppet28


Author's Note

ThePuppet28
I suck at writing <_<....but enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hello ThePuppet28,

I completely disagree, you write very well. It's a good story--very interesting. I have three suggestions, all three minor. Your font changes in the last paragraph and your paragraphs, though somewhat defined, needs a bit more space to accentuate them. The last thing is that some of your paragraphs are really long. Consider shortening them a bit to make the story an easier read. Other then that, the story is fine. Your imagery and dialogue is good. Keep writing!

Thank you for sharing!

Kind regards,

Schatzi

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hello ThePuppet28,

I completely disagree, you write very well. It's a good story--very interesting. I have three suggestions, all three minor. Your font changes in the last paragraph and your paragraphs, though somewhat defined, needs a bit more space to accentuate them. The last thing is that some of your paragraphs are really long. Consider shortening them a bit to make the story an easier read. Other then that, the story is fine. Your imagery and dialogue is good. Keep writing!

Thank you for sharing!

Kind regards,

Schatzi

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
1 Review
Added on August 25, 2016
Last Updated on August 25, 2016
Tags: Games, Dark Brotherhood

Author

ThePuppet28
ThePuppet28

Danville, PA



About
I enjoy writing and stuff, but I suck at it! Whoo hoo! Anyway, I hope you all enjoy it c: more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by ThePuppet28


Recovery Recovery

A Book by ThePuppet28